Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I belive it was Ken Torn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Sorry but that's nonsene what you just wrote.

First of all the crowds in that crazy dangerous place were clearly visible on the streamed footage. Second there were several other drivers complaining, including locals Herzig (who directly adressed the spectators directly in both English and Hungarian asking them to behave carefully), Turán and one another whom I don't remember.

The stage was later stopped and ambulance passed it. I don't know if it was related to some accident with spectators. I hope not.

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    Sorry but that's nonsene what you just wrote.

First of all the crowds in that crazy dangerous place were clearly visible on the streamed footage. Second there were several other drivers complaining, including locals Herzig (who directly adressed the spectators directly in both English and Hungarian asking them to behave carefully), Turán and one another whom I don't remember.

The stage was later stopped and ambulance passed it. I don't know if it was related to some accident with spectators. I hope not.
    I watched stage end interviews till Herczig, so Ostberg was only one who complained, so if there was more drivers, ok, my bad. It was just sooo dramatic by him (and if the place was so crazy dangerous) then they should cancelled the stage immediately.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    I watched stage end interviews till Herczig, so Ostberg was only one who complained, so if there was more drivers, ok, my bad. It was just sooo dramatic by him (and if the place was so crazy dangerous) then they should cancelled the stage immediately.
    Nobody cancels any stage based on a youtube interview. Stages are being canceled when problems are reported by marshals or stewards. When there are no marshals, nobody reports anything (that was the case here). Compains from drivers are being addressed by stewards only ex-post and only if handed in a more official way than talking on youtube.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    Nobody cancels any stage based on a youtube interview. Stages are being canceled when problems are reported by marshals or stewards. When there are no marshals, nobody reports anything (that was the case here). Compains from drivers are being addressed by stewards only ex-post and only if handed in a more official way than talking on youtube.
    Isnt there marshals in heli ?
    I dont know which exact place in the stage Ostberg or other drivers reffered to, but if it was that place seen from heli (a long straight with people near the road), marshals (in heli) could make decision?

EDIT: I'm always for safety first.
    Last edited by Lead; 23rd October 2021 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    Isnt there marshals in heli ?
    Marshall for sure not and most likely not even any steward or safety official. That is rather rare thing. I haven't visited many ERC events but a safety helicopter used to be only used in Ypres and a very long time ago in Barum (more than ten years ago).

Anyway you need marshalls on stage to keep order not in a helicopter. Helicopter doesn't work because everybody simply waits until it passes (that's how it worked in Ypres). You have to take into account that a safety helicopter can not just hoower over one stage. It needs to check the whole loop hence why it works in a same way as a safety crew driving the stage before start. The only advantage of the helicopter is better visibility but sometimes also with misleading angle of view.
    Last edited by Mirek; 23rd October 2021 at 13:16.

Brutal time from Cais!

He had small engine issues during the first loop and now it should be all ok.

7. Likes: Lead (23rd October 2021),Sulland (23rd October 2021)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Awesome stage by Cais and he takes the lead o/a !

Cais changing wheel

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Cais

Vinyes crashed on a live heli cam. LR wheel torn away. Csomós also punctured.
    Last edited by Mirek; 23rd October 2021 at 14:20.