Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I am curious to see what is coming next year for ERC under the new promoter, hopefully they'll continue to produce excellent videos like this as well as continuing/improving the live Youtube stuff:

https://youtu.be/Go6MWm9ckQk
    I hope so too, although I fear it going behind another paywall..
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Hungary in the Fall

And at sun-down...

https://www.fiaerc.com/photos/?fid=1425-rally-hungary
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 24th October 2021 at 15:19.
    #M-SPORTER

3. Likes: Lead (24th October 2021),m-ast (24th October 2021),Sulland (24th October 2021),TWRC (25th October 2021)
    Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts

5. Likes: dimviii (24th October 2021)
    Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-ast View Post
    Wow... what a way to loose a rally win. This was because he didnt stop to make sure Herczig's co-driver is Ok?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ramón, Herczig's codriver sustained a fractured rib, but he was released from the hospital. A longer video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC44INRyAhY
    And his son in the same place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDzdFgHxb0

Bassas crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgeaVVjrzN4
    Last edited by aattiillaa89; 25th October 2021 at 14:42.

8. Likes: Mirek (25th October 2021)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    A crazy video from a crazy event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igEciesak90
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: dimviii (25th October 2021)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Had a great event too, will post some photos and short resume later tonight. Video from my mate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0I937nJWM

12. Likes: dimviii (25th October 2021),Mirek (25th October 2021),TWRC (26th October 2021)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I hope so too, although I fear it going behind another paywall..
    Paywall or not, whatever their plans are for ERC I personally wish WRC would absorb the visual stopline radio/monologue-style now and again, even just one stage a day. It's been said many times before that rally-radio is preferable, because it works. 100% commentary and footage is obviously good but it's mostly rally racing with rather formulaic stage end interviews. I think Chris and Julian better present the area, the challenge of the rally and roads when talking to themselves and they also get so much more out of the drivers in this format. It's enjoyable even when talking about the Azorean dairy industry or wandering off to have a look at a ski-lift whilst waiting for the first car but maybe I'm alone in that. Personally I hope WRC.P sign Chris up.

14. Likes: Lead (26th October 2021)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    So small resume. First time at Rally Hungary for me. From last two years the stages looked amazing, and they didn't disappoint. A lot of variety. Shakedown was relatively boring, with a lot of straights and junctions, I thought. It was a surprise to arrive at some gravel section from which you'd think you are in a rally in The Netherlands. Some tightening medium-fast lefthander with a lot of gravel made things very interesting for the qualifying. Friday night the superspecial was quite nice, never been a fan of it, but it was really enjoyable. On saturday we did 2x the SS Ujhuta on a gravel section, and SS Mad in the vineyards. Some amazing action on both stages, the only place that was less interesting than expected was some left-right-left combination, well-known from many videos from last years. Action in the vineyards was amazing, at one long fast lefthander with a big cut, the road was full of gravel, Ostberg had some huge moment there. Sunday ended with 3x SS Erdobenye, all nice places, once on the wide road, once on the narrow part towards the finish, it resembles some Barum-roads (like Trojak) quite a lot. On one spot the tarmac was extremely slippy, Ostberg had some big moment there as well. All in all great event, and fantastic action from RC2-cars (also the locals) and from the junior drivers. The level of competition in ERC is very, very high.

Only small downside to the event was that in terms of organization it was a complete disaster. I haven't seen anything worse in my life. On shakedown they started dropping off a few marshalls around time the stage should have normally started. When we arrived at stage you could easily drive onto it if you wanted to, maybe 15 minutes before the start. Then some car from the fire brigade passed, and 5-10 minutes later Gryazin was on the stage. Before qualifying the only safety car was 000. On saturday's 4 stages combined I saw one marshall. I was also at one place where the drivers complained about, rightly so. There were more than 100 people at a fast downhill corner, no stewards in sight, even while there was an access road to that place. Few minutes before the first car people started standing less than a meter from the road, some were completely drunk. After a few cars I stowed away my camera and started just watching a bit further away. Sunday was a bit better, also less spectators than on Saturday, on the places we were. Maybe half of them had a headache from drinking too much the day before.

Some photos:

My album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...72731156072046

16. Likes: b3637853 (26th October 2021),dimviii (26th October 2021),Hartusvuori (27th October 2021),Lead (26th October 2021),m-ast (25th October 2021),Mirek (25th October 2021),pantealex (25th October 2021),Tom K (25th October 2021),TWRC (26th October 2021)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Paywall or not, whatever their plans are for ERC I personally wish WRC would absorb the visual stopline radio/monologue-style now and again, even just one stage a day. It's been said many times before that rally-radio is preferable, because it works. 100% commentary and footage is obviously good but it's mostly rally racing with rather formulaic stage end interviews. I think Chris and Julian better present the area, the challenge of the rally and roads when talking to themselves and they also get so much more out of the drivers in this format. It's enjoyable even when talking about the Azorean dairy industry or wandering off to have a look at a ski-lift whilst waiting for the first car but maybe I'm alone in that. Personally I hope WRC.P sign Chris up.
    ERC Rally Radio is over after Rally Islas Canarias...