Page 73 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I also think Toyota will stay the same. Ogier +Lappi sharing should actually work. The only problem is that it gets Lappi "stuck" at only the fast rallies (a bit like Breen in Hyundai).
    You'd be crazy to change Lappi for Huttunen or Ingram. Probably still a bit early for Lindholm or Rossel and Toyota does not need a new developing driver yet. Mikkelsen might be better allrounder, but not for fast gravel only. So there isn't really anyone to pick unless some massive disaster happens for Evans or Lappi.

Toyota does not need Tanak at this point at all either. And I would guess Japan has some bad feelings towards him.
    It's MSport or Hyundai.
    Toyota don't need tanak yes .but tanak need Toyota for sure if he really didn't have the contract with Hyundai . if he can decrease the salary and apply for the return .I don't think any team will refuse tanak . Makkinen is gone and I guess Mr toyoda still favour tanak

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    I think everyone is being harsh on Lappi. Yes, he has had two bad rallies in a row, but a great podium in Sweden did just what he was there for (get the points for the team), he set fastest times in Croatia (with better position, but on tarmac, a historically bad surface for him), and he might have had bad luck in Portugal but he was very much on the pace. For having jumped back into WRC after a year in R5, into a completely new car, speed wise he has delivered (and the reigning champion himself has had a bad spell as well, esp. Sardegna).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    I think everyone is being harsh on Lappi. Yes, he has had two bad rallies in a row, but a great podium in Sweden did just what he was there for (get the points for the team), he set fastest times in Croatia (with better position, but on tarmac, a historically bad surface for him), and he might have had bad luck in Portugal but he was very much on the pace. For having jumped back into WRC after a year in R5, into a completely new car, speed wise he has delivered (and the reigning champion himself has had a bad spell as well, esp. Sardegna).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Exactly the oppposite, I want to see him do well & succeed, and I want to see him next year full time if that’s possible in a competitive car. So I really hope he gets a good round of results for the upcoming rallies. By the way, someone here mentioned he’ll do Greece, I don’t think that will be the case since A) Ogier is no longer doing a WEC season & B) if Loeb is there, it’s hard for me to see Ogier give up to beat Loeb on a rally he has recent experience ( & which Lappi didn’t do last year).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

2022 WRC News & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You'd be crazy to change Lappi for Huttunen or Ingram. Probably still a bit early for Lindholm or Rossel and Toyota does not need a new developing driver
    Crazy to suggest Ingram for top class, let’s see him win WRC2 first. Or even the class in one rally. Or just a stage…

For the record I don’t think Lindholm is ready either.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 28th June 2022 at 13:32.

5. Likes: cali (28th June 2022),pantealex (30th June 2022),steve.mandzij (28th June 2022)
    I think that unless anything drastic happens/ Evans or Lappi seriously underperform for the rest of the season, Toyota won’t change their line-up, Hyundai on the other hand will be interesting to watch, hopefully they’ll still be there to watch.

7. Likes: AnttiL (28th June 2022)
    Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    'Tis silly season then.

9. Likes: Eli (28th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    'Tis silly season then.
    If we had a fourth team it would be crazy season

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I think that unless anything drastic happens/ Evans or Lappi seriously underperform for the rest of the season, Toyota won’t change their line-up, Hyundai on the other hand will be interesting to watch, hopefully they’ll still be there to watch.
    It will be interesting to watch what happens at FORUM8 Rally Japan in November. If Hyundai ultimately can steal victory here from Toyota, then that will be worth more than the world crown because what is at stake at Rally Japan is nothing more than Asian Manufacture leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    It will be interesting to watch what happens at FORUM8 Rally Japan in November. If Hyundai ultimately can steal victory here from Toyota, then that will be worth more than the world crown because what is at stake at Rally Japan is nothing more than Asian Manufacture leadership
    I hope we get to Japan this time round, they've been robbed a WRC round since 2019, and I truly hope we don't get to Monza for a third year running.

13. Likes: pantealex (30th June 2022),Rally Hokkaido (29th June 2022),Rallyper (29th June 2022)
    Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I hope we get to Japan this time round, they've been robbed a WRC round since 2019, and I truly hope we don't get to Monza for a third year running.
    A few days ago the Rally Japan Organiser announced on their website and social media that ticket sales will start on 16th July (only on their Japanese language news page).
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen