Page 37 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    For this year it is different. Each team (if they are registered) can nominate two drivers for WRC2 Teams Championship. Everybody, who wants to score points in WRC2 for driver (WRC2 Open) must make also individual registration.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For this year it is different. Each team (if they are registered) can nominate two drivers for WRC2 Teams Championship. Everybody, who wants to score points in WRC2 for driver (WRC2 Open) must make also individual registration.
    Agreed! Point is: must they enter also as a personal team (spending 3k +10k) or can they join a registered team as 3rd+ driver (spending 3k as individual entry)?

Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    Agreed! Point is: must they enter also as a personal team (spending 3k +10k) or can they join a registered team as 3rd+ driver (spending 3k as individual entry)?
    Where do you read that out now?

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit12 View Post
    Where do you read that out now?
    Earlier here from page 30 on -see posts like #307 i.e.-. I'm just rounding up the countless previous post of the last few days. go back a couple of pages, you see all these debates revolves around a) is a team limited to entering only 2 car? and so b) does a driver (say one doing wrc3 last year) have to enter his own team?

We kinda sorted out some, still those questions hang around...

5. Likes: WRC1 (23rd December 2021)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Thisnis really mindblowing

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    I'm not sure it's been said, but the World Rally Car won't have restrictions applied for 2022 as was widely believed, other than drivers who've scored manufacturers points in past 5 years can't drive them. This immediately rules Mikkelsen, Suninen, Paddon, Ostberg etc out, but maybe there is somebody out there willing to race for a win against the Rally1s if they don't perform and if they can get hold of a WRC. I'm not sure the owners club will be racing.

Wider question, who's likely to be seen in a WRC in 2022?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I'm not sure it's been said, but the World Rally Car won't have restrictions applied for 2022 as was widely believed, other than drivers who've scored manufacturers points in past 5 years can't drive them. This immediately rules Mikkelsen, Suninen, Paddon, Ostberg etc out, but maybe there is somebody out there willing to race for a win against the Rally1s if they don't perform and if they can get hold of a WRC. I'm not sure the owners club will be racing.

Wider question, who's likely to be seen in a WRC in 2022?
    I thought there would be a restrictor…

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    The official site motorsport.hyundai.com is still down after one month or more. Was paying the hosting one of Adamo's jobs? Doesn't anybody else find this odd?
    Yes, very odd indeed. I don't see any logical explanation for the current situation, something's wrong.

10. Likes: cali (23rd December 2021),WRCStan (23rd December 2021)
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    I still don't really understand how these WRC2 entries work.

My understanding is that:

When team wants to compete in WRC2 Teams, they have to pay 10K fee. They have to have 2 drivers, but they don't have to pay anything, IF they wouldn't compete in driver's championship (WRC2 Open) . But they still can compete in driver's championship, if they pay 3K fee.

But if driver wants to compete in WRC2 Open (so driver's championship), they only need to pay 3K and don't have to compete for team.

Is that right?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I still don't really understand how these WRC2 entries work.

My understanding is that:

When team wants to compete in WRC2 Teams, they have to pay 10K fee. They have to have 2 drivers, but they don't have to pay anything, IF they wouldn't compete in driver's championship (WRC2 Open) . But they still can compete in driver's championship, if they pay 3K fee.

But if driver wants to compete in WRC2 Open (so driver's championship), they only need to pay 3K and don't have to compete for team.

Is that right?
    I don’t understand it like this…