Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In Portugal 2021 M-Sport had Suninen, Kristensson and Prokop. So that should prove that a team can enter more than two cars. Two per rally is just the minimum for scoring team points.

I believe Ingram is entered by Toksport in Monte, eligible for WRC2 drivers points, but not for WRC2 team points.
    yes. This. And responding others, i didn't saw rules stating "only" or "maximum". just 2 cars to score point.

2. Likes: AnttiL (22nd December 2021),pantealex (28th December 2021)
    Liked 612 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    yes. This. And responding others, i didn't saw rules stating "only" or "maximum". just 2 cars to score point.
    6.2.2 In order to score Team points any team registered in WRC2 must enter and start with two (2) cars in a maximum of 7 rallies. Both cars will be taken into account for the points.

M-Sport entered and started Portugal with three cars and scored team points. In a court with an independent judge it'd be found against the rules. Doesn't matter who was nominated, or what common sense or reason we can apply. The bigger point is regional and world regs are full of errors and need redoing. Rally department should be ashamed of themselves. How about now we've come to consensus on WRC2 registration, try to work out what the rally entry fees are from the table in Appendix VI. Or whether teams in WRC3 have to pay €10,000 or not. I think I'm boring people though.

The good news though is at least we've found the loophole. The Friendzone Rally Team may enter 50+ drivers. Fees go down with every sign up! Maybe Mads or George can sell slots in their teams for a bit of extra income.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    6.2.2 In order to score Team points any team registered in WRC2 must enter and start with two (2) cars in a maximum of 7 rallies. Both cars will be taken into account for the points.
    Still can't find where is written they cannot enter more.

5. Likes: cali (22nd December 2021),pantealex (28th December 2021),WRCStan (22nd December 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    Still can't find where is written they cannot enter more.

And score team points? Keep reading 6.2.2.
    And not score team points? It doesn't say.

Also doesn't say a driver must enter as part of a team, apparently it's not required for the Masters Cup. Maybe the user working with Freddy Loix will tell us what team he is with?
    Last edited by WRCStan; 22nd December 2021 at 17:51.

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    So interesting posts.. like reading CAS documents..

8. Likes: WRCStan (22nd December 2021)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Noooo. I can not go to sleep. Somebody is wrong on internet.

10. Likes: cali (23rd December 2021)
    And score team points? Keep reading 6.2.2.
    And not score team points? It doesn't say.
    I'm reading. there's a minimum: 2. No max written. So anything can be. let's wait, time will tell!

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

M-Sport entered and started Portugal with three cars and scored team points. In a court with an independent judge it'd be found against the rules.
    A closer look at the actual entry list shows that Suninen and Kristensson were nominated for team points, Prokop for drivers only

13. Likes: pantealex (28th December 2021)
    A closer look at the actual entry list shows that Suninen and Kristensson were nominated for team points, Prokop for drivers only
    That's the point! a driver can drive in a team not scoring team point, so not building his own team. so potentially anyone can pay 3k and drive for an entered team as 3rd+ driver (as toksport made past years mixing wrc2 and wrc3. i think it's the same, just without divisions.)
    anyway time will tell, let's move on! : )

15. Likes: pantealex (28th December 2021)
    Nominated isn't entered. Teams must enter two (2) cars. Both...

This is why it comes full circle to the rest of the WRC2 entry rules. That's my last point on this too, the bigger point has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit12 View Post
    Noooo. I can not go to sleep. Somebody is wrong on internet.
    Only the FIA. A) Their rules suck, that's my opinion but I accept them despite. WRC2 and WRC2Pro is nothing on the potential confusions the new WRC2 and WRC3 have in store. B) Their articulation of the rules they make suck. This is not good enough from an international authority. I'm first to say don't attack the doers, but we can't legally vote the FIA out and do better ourselves.

If you think we are arguing here then you are mistaken. I'll gladly join anybody in a new thread for wonks if there's further discussion but I make no apologies for caring and finding this interesting.