Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Think the WRC want to avoid a public affair where NI once again fail to get an event together. So better to say TBA, rather than getting everyone's hopes up.
    The promoter is desperate for a round in the UK but this NI event has failed to come to anything for years....., and it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't again. Unless the Scottish government back an event, I can't see any UK round in the championship for the medium to longer term (NI will be a one off, if it happens at all).
    Only F1 & MotoGP of the major motorsport series have a round in the UK; other series have opted not to come here for whatever reason (financial/Brexit, etc) Raising the money for the event is surely a challenge - as the sport has next to no mainstream exposure. Why would you back an event that is invisible? The days of the old RAC are long gone; a lot of the issues are self inflicted, but people like to blame everybody else.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: Eli (16th October 2021)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    - Rally Estonia will be without the group system next year, you can go where you want and when you want, just like old days
    - Tickets on sale before christmas
    - Power Stage will be at Leigo
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (21st October 2021),cali (21st October 2021),logwrc (21st October 2021),maailmameister (22nd October 2021),sindroms (21st October 2021),Tom K (21st October 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Leigo is near the Neeruti stage. Great to have a proper power stage!

6. Likes: cali (21st October 2021),EstWRC (21st October 2021)
    Liked 5,529 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Ford Fiesta Rally2 test to Huttunen?

https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-12153361

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    - Rally Estonia will be without the group system next year, you can go where you want and when you want, just like old days
    - Tickets on sale before christmas
    - Power Stage will be at Leigo
    I guess they found out that it was not affordable to continue like this. RE 2022 here I come!

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

10. Likes: maailmameister (22nd October 2021)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    My personal bet on Ogier program next year: Monte-Carlo / Safari / Spain
    Monte-Carlo, no need to argue.
    He seems to have liked Safari and quite far from WEC events.
    I don’t see him doing a WRC close to LeMans, especially Sardinia.
    For the last one, I would say Spain (or maybe Japan for PR but as it is the same day than a WEC event + quite uncertain with two cancellations in a row, would not see it as a first pick) as it is far from WRC events and not a rally he dislikes.

Not necessarily the best choice for a part-time driver (no big benefit from road position except the Safari but not that simple) but Ogier is not necessarily in this logic.
    He doesn't know how to drive with good road position after complaining for so long about sweeping

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    I think with only 7 paid seats available in WRC1 it’s entirely necessary to allow former top-tier drivers into WRC2, and besides they provide a good benchmark for young drivers trying to work their way up through the ranks.

Regarding the Fiesta Rally2, it seems some people dispute how good it is, although it’s pretty quick on asphalt at least. They could do worse than to take Ostberg who although it’s sometimes hard to take his whining seriously does seem to have done a good job developing and driving the C3 Rally2.

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    M-Sport are in a tough position with being a producer of all classes of rally cars from Rally 5 to WRC and the new Rally 1.

Having good driver's to develop and prove all of them for sales, as well as the WRC team competing at the top level is not easy, or cheap.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    M-Sport are in a tough position with being a producer of all classes of rally cars from Rally 5 to WRC and the new Rally 1.

Having good driver's to develop and prove all of them for sales, as well as the WRC team competing at the top level is not easy, or cheap.
    It's not tough position. It's M-Sport business strategy to fill every new class before their competitors start selling own products.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: pantealex (22nd October 2021)