Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Not convinced by the new formula of Junior WRC will work and it might be even worse than today: the cost is higher than the current version with Rally4 (at least 20% more from what I understand) even if it is logical as it is a better car.

And as the Fiesta Rally2 is maybe the Worst Rally2 car, it does not give that much confidence as a prize I think (at least, the ownership prize had given a new interest from drivers during few seasons before the new Fiesta Rally2 car has proven to be inconsistent).
    Last point: as there is not that much Rally3 car in the market at the moment, it will be difficult for a driver to find one during the season for other rallies so he will have to switch between various categories.

All in all, I hope I’m wrong but I think it will be a massive failure. At least, the only positive thing is that it will give really interesting entry lists in ERC with a lot of competition in Rally4 for young drivers.

I think they should stop making various Junior Championships everywhere and change to create a really competitive ERC Junior Rally4 championship with the best youngsters and a really good prize sponsored by the FIA to help them to develop (example: a two-year WRC Rally2 program + one Rally1 outing or a two-year WRC2+ERC program).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 16th October 2021 at 01:16.

Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Finally... mid-october.
    I like the principle of maintaining 4 pure tarmac rallies including the two last one.
    Still no American rallye...

Any rumors on the last tarmac rallye: theoretically not Ypres; the date looks like Germany but Barum would be cool.
    If everything goes ok, Northern Ireland should get that slot.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    They talk about going green and being sustainable yet they make the crews go the long way round twice instead of staying in the southern hemisphere. At the very least they could put NZ straight after Finland, and then you have a longer gap between the two trips, but seeing they're only separated by Spain, they could easily swap between the two (Spain & NZ) and go on straight from NZ to Japan, at least for the drivers and teams it would be less work (and more eco-friendly).

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

2022 WRC News & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    They talk about going green and being sustainable yet they make the crews go the long way round twice instead of staying in the southern hemisphere. At the very least they could put NZ straight after Finland, and then you have a longer gap between the two trips, but seeing they're only separated by Spain, they could easily swap between the two (Spain & NZ) and go on straight from NZ to Japan, at least for the drivers and teams it would be less work (and more eco-friendly).
    The service equipment will take weeks to ship from NZ to Japan. And even if there were no rallies in between, the drivers would still fly home (and rally cars to rebuild) in between. The European events use their own service equipment, so it doesn’t travel back and forth. So it doesn’t make a difference really to have Spain in between. It has been the same often with Mexico-France-Argentina sequence.

Only way to make savings to traveling is to have two long-distance events situated close to each other geographically, and link the cars, like Argentina and Chile 2019. Likely some drivers traveled home in between, some didn’t.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 16th October 2021 at 11:44.

5. Likes: pantealex (16th October 2021),Rally Hokkaido (16th October 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The service equipment will take weeks to ship from NZ to Japan. And even if there were no rallies in between, the drivers would still fly home (and rally cars to rebuild) in between. The European events use their own service equipment, so it doesn’t travel back and forth. So it doesn’t make a difference really to have Spain in between. It has been the same often with Mexico-France-Argentina sequence.

Only way to make savings to traveling is to have two long-distance events situated close to each other geographically, and link the cars, like Argentina and Chile 2019. Likely some drivers traveled home in between, some didn’t.
    Ok so at least don't make the crews go back and forth on such a short time period, they could easliy have put NZ after NI or before NI and after Finland and then at least they'd (driver & crews) have a longer period between both long haul events.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    How many cars will each team field next year?
    Can we see as many as 4-6 cars in some team? 3 works drivers and 1-3 pay drivers maybe.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    It is Northern Ireland.

Confirmed here:
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-40953772.html
    so FIA says TBA and local newspaper says NI,

all this same day

you really believe it´s confirmed ?

Why did FIA say TBA if it´s 100% sure NI ?

#justasking
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    How many cars will each team field next year?
    Can we see as many as 4-6 cars in some team? 3 works drivers and 1-3 pay drivers maybe.
    Nearly nobody was renting WRC17-21 cars and next years car isn´t any cheaper to rent...
    + I don´t think teams have time to make many extra cars. They need 2x3 cars because longhaul events + spare cars if and when Rally1 gets destroyed
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: cali (16th October 2021),RS (16th October 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    so FIA says TBA and local newspaper says NI,

all this same day

you really believe it´s confirmed ?

Why did FIA say TBA if it´s 100% sure NI ?

#justasking
    Think the WRC want to avoid a public affair where NI once again fail to get an event together. So better to say TBA, rather than getting everyone's hopes up.
    The promoter is desperate for a round in the UK but this NI event has failed to come to anything for years....., and it wouldn't surpise me if it doesn't again. Unless the Scottish government back an event, I can't see any UK round in the championship for the medium to longer term (NI will be a one off, if it happens at all).

12. Likes: AndyRAC (16th October 2021),pantealex (16th October 2021)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    My personal bet on Ogier program next year: Monte-Carlo / Safari / Spain
    Monte-Carlo, no need to argue.
    He seems to have liked Safari and quite far from WEC events.
    I don’t see him doing a WRC close to LeMans, especially Sardinia.
    For the last one, I would say Spain (or maybe Japan for PR but as it is the same day than a WEC event + quite uncertain with two cancellations in a row, would not see it as a first pick) as it is far from WRC events and not a rally he dislikes.

Not necessarily the best choice for a part-time driver (no big benefit from road position except the Safari but not that simple) but Ogier is not necessarily in this logic.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 16th October 2021 at 17:37.

14. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2021)