Page 24 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    andreaadamo_official
    Another challenge is in front of me, maybe more complicated, different.
    Will face with same approach: always be serious, but never take myself too much seriously.
    Cannot hide tears in my eyes thinking to all my people in @hmsgofficial: thanks to all women and men that have shared so many emotions with me
    Will never forget our time together.
    My warmest hug.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Rallying twitter seems to think that Hyundai may well call it a day for 2022 at least...
    Wait, where? I haven't seen...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Not an awful period from Adamo as Hyundai’s team principal as he succeeded to clinch two manufacturers titles in a limited time (hired quite late to prepare 2019 season and then, complicated to make the car evolve a lot with Covid + new regulation in 2022).
    He may have brought some optimization to the team but no real decisive choices from him:
    - Loeb was hired by the Penasse-Nandan duo and finally did not deliver much than Paddon from a result-wise point of view
    - Tanak’s deal has not been that successful even if it helps to clinch 2020
    - he was quite helped by Toyota’s choices to clinch the titles (Meeke was maybe the only réal Makinen’s mistake and Rovanpera was an investment)
    - but never find a solution to solve the car issues to face really Toyota.
    2019 was overall good and he delivered (off course helped by Meeke+Latvala).
    But in short I would say his "early success" with "quick decisions" went to his head and already starting from end of 2019 his decisions started to become less clever and more "have to do something" type of reactions. Where the "need" to do something usually prevailed over rational thinking.

The short 2020 season kind of covered him a bit cause there wasn't enough time to make big mistakes.

The car as it was led to drastic reduction of speed for Paddon (tarmac and some gravel), Mikkelsen ( tarmac), Loeb (tarmac) and Tanak (tarmac and slow gravel).

The question is how "unchangable" the car really was and how much was it due to delaying the changes. Nandan certainly had the approach that drives should just follow what engineers decide. Adamo started allowing big changes first in 2020 during the big COVID break

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    If they leave, the WRC will die soon after. Hopefully that won't be the case but in these times, anything is possible
    It can have it's benefits, look at for example the endurance series.

When there is only one real manu, FIA doesn't really have to listen to them and their interests when setting up new rules. Meaning they can be radically different and more likely to attract completely new manus.

In short term it could mean a few seasons (1-3) with Rally2 or Rally2+ cars though.

Early to speculate though. Lets first wait who shows up in Monte.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Wait, where? I haven't seen...
    Wuorela

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It can have it's benefits, look at for example the endurance series.

When there is only one real manu, FIA doesn't really have to listen to them and their interests when setting up new rules. Meaning they can be radically different and more likely to attract completely new manus.

In short term it could mean a few seasons (1-3) with Rally2 or Rally2+ cars though.

Early to speculate though. Lets first wait who shows up in Monte.
    It can, doesn't mean it will, the WRC is a much more fragile animal, but as you said, way to early to speculate, hopefully we're wrong and we'll see all 3 manufacturers in Monte.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Damn, now all those articles about Hyundai being so late on the development of the cars, Msport and Toyota bringing a hundred Rally1 cars each for 2022... These things are starting to sound like a terrible warning :/

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Mazda can enter Rally now

Force Motorsport in NZ have been building & running Mazda 2 AP4s for the last 4-5 years
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maui J.; 8th December 2021 at 00:06.

9. Likes: skarderud (8th December 2021)
    Liked 392 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    That article is also another BS

He was fired and he was under investigation for assaulting a team member in monza. And countles other infractions.

You cannot resign with immediate effect that only comes when your contact is terminated.
    When you say assaulting you are not talking about the video of him shouting are you?

11. Likes: AnttiL (7th December 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    If Hyundai were pulling out they would've announced it here and now surely, instead of putting in place an interim team leader and specifically stating plans are still go for the 22 season.

However if they start the 22 season horribly (and I mean not in the slightest bit competitive) I think they're the type of manufacturer that'll just pull the plug quickly.

However I expect them to be in the ball park despite all the testing panic and Adamo leaving. They're a proper team and have enormous resources behind them.