Page 100 of 141 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1401
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    It's even not the point to make but reality.
    Tänak on the other hand was pushing more and quite rudely sometimes. That's what I've heard as well.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Pushing more what? For more salary?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    More lik quality and endurance..

For more salary he(and everybody else) can push after winning WDC..

3. Likes: cali (21st August 2022)
    Liked 31 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    If him being an idiot is the point being made, fair enough!
    One thing you also need to realize is that Tommi didnt act alone in this team. Actually most of the decisions were done by his wife and Tommi was sometimes just a face of the company and the RT. It’s been publicly known for many years that Lappis departure from Toyota was because of some hard disagreements with Mia.

5. Likes: cali (21st August 2022),EstWRC (21st August 2022),flat_right (21st August 2022),pantealex (24th August 2022),seb_sh (22nd August 2022),TWRC (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Development, quality, performance, endurance etc

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

7. Likes: Eli (21st August 2022),EstWRC (21st August 2022),flat_right (21st August 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    Based on latest press release, seems like they're on okay terms to me.
    Yes, didn't remember that one.

Then maybe there is a chance for Tanak at Toyota.

Though I agree with what was said about Toyota not needing Tanak. Risks Rovanpera's position and kinda destroys the competition (something Latvala and I think Toyoda also talked about).

The big question is if Evans wants to leave, that would open the door.

9. Likes: cali (21st August 2022)
    Liked 148 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The big question is if Evans wants to leave, that would open the door.
    Why would he leave? Who's going to match his salary or provide a better car?

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    Why would he leave? Who's going to match his salary or provide a better car?
    i dont think that money is NOT the main thing these guys searching for, they want success....and Evens knows with Kalle in same car he has to wait until Kalle gets a problem....Puma is far better car than it seems at the moment, they just have no driver (except Loeb)

Evans in Puma could show what is possible...
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

Liked 148 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC1 View Post
    ...Puma is far better car than it seems at the moment...
    Key word is at the moment. No disrespect to M-Sport, but they have the car to be in only for the beginning of new regulations After that, budget constraints will hamper their development capabilities and the car will fall behind. We've all seen it. So while it's true, Evans might be capable of displaying better results in Puma right now (although, I don't necessarily agree), leaving the team for a car that you know will falter makes no sense. And again, I don't want to bash on M-Sport, because they have yet again come out with a powerful and capable car. It's just the unfortunate position they are in.

13. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2022),cali (22nd August 2022),EstWRC (22nd August 2022),flat_right (22nd August 2022),pantealex (24th August 2022),TWRC (23rd August 2022),WRC1 (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/how-t...he-star-pupil/

"Ypres showed it was a true drivers’ rally, catching out the two obvious favorites for victory. It demonstrated too that M-Sport team principal Richard Millener was right when he said throwing money at marginal technical gains wasn’t an effective strategy".

At the same time he also said after Fourmaux crash that some partners might stop supporting them if the results don't come. That's something we have discussed even before this season. How happy Ford (and others) will be when the new (costly) car gets driven around (mostly) by paydrivers for profit rather than results.
    Case in point - Finland. 5 Pumas, one had some hope for podium before the rally.

Note what Hyundai did before this season. Mid last year they (Adamo at that time) said it openly that their job in WRC is to win championships, so they stopped Loubet/Veiby/Solans drives and focused on that. Sure MSports business is something else, but if the goals become very different than Ford or others (Redbull??) it can obviously be a problem.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Note what Hyundai did before this season. Mid last year they (Adamo at that time) said it openly that their job in WRC is to win championships, so they stopped Loubet/Veiby/Solans drives and focused on that. Sure MSports business is something else, but if the goals become very different than Ford or others (Redbull??) it can obviously be a problem.
    A little OT, but do you really think Adamo did that voluntarily?

All those extra little programs using WRC cars, run by semi-private teams, only started when he took over as TP. Same with the sale of i20 Coupe WRC chassis. The 'job' of winning championships didn't suddenly start in 2021...