Threaded View

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Not convinced by the new formula of Junior WRC will work and it might be even worse than today: the cost is higher than the current version with Rally4 (at least 20% more from what I understand) even if it is logical as it is a better car.

And as the Fiesta Rally2 is maybe the Worst Rally2 car, it does not give that much confidence as a prize I think (at least, the ownership prize had given a new interest from drivers during few seasons before the new Fiesta Rally2 car has proven to be inconsistent).
    Last point: as there is not that much Rally3 car in the market at the moment, it will be difficult for a driver to find one during the season for other rallies so he will have to switch between various categories.

All in all, I hope I’m wrong but I think it will be a massive failure. At least, the only positive thing is that it will give really interesting entry lists in ERC with a lot of competition in Rally4 for young drivers.

I think they should stop making various Junior Championships everywhere and change to create a really competitive ERC Junior Rally4 championship with the best youngsters and a really good prize sponsored by the FIA to help them to develop (example: a two-year WRC Rally2 program + one Rally1 outing or a two-year WRC2+ERC program).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 16th October 2021 at 00:16.