Page 68 of 141 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
    Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem
    “We want to reach the people and we have just heard the plans for the new channel.

“We have to reach people we have to appeal to all of the people who can see the [rally] cars look similar to the their cars, but they are not normal cars. We cannot forget that this sport is about speed but it is also about entertainment .”
    MBS wasting no opportunity to denounce the Rally1s.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how they fill the hours, presumably they're going to be doing far more with archive footage. That would only be a good thing.

Still, such a thing has been talked about for 20 years, so it'll be funny if it finally happens.
    As it's behind a paywall, I'm not sure how they're going to grow new markets......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

3. Likes: the sniper (19th May 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Not a big news but after the cancellation of Rally Raid Kazakhstan, the Andalucia Rally Raid has been postponed to autumn due to heat wave.
    The only impact for the WRC is that it adds some load to Loeb end of season program whereas he was supposed to do New Zealand or Catalunya as his 4th and last rally this season.

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    The only impact for the WRC is that it adds some load to Loeb end of season program whereas he was supposed to do New Zealand or Catalunya as his 4th and last rally this season.
    Loeb has previously said he will not do New Zealand which is just one week after Chile round of Xtreme E

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Important rumors are coming in regarding the entry of new brands into the FIA World Rally Championship. [...] Various options are on the table and, unfortunately, we have to mention electric. For WRC fans it would be heresy if the championship became full electric, but the automotive market is moving in that direction. Luca De Meo (president and CEO of Renault-Alpine) and Jörg Schrott (head of Opel Motorsport) had declared their interest in an all-electric World Rally Championship. Alongside Alpine and Opel we may also see Škoda. The Czech manufacturer is currently working hard on the all-new Fabia Rally2 but, according to Motorsport.com, would be talking with the FIA and the WRC promoter about future regulations.

partly translated from ita media
    https://www.tuttipazziperilmotorspor...a-elettrico-2/

7. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2022),cali (8th June 2022),dimviii (8th June 2022),WRCStan (8th June 2022)
    Are there any reports on full electric zones for Rally1s being scrapped?

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...duenner-48552/

Chances for Rally Deutschland are looking slimmer & slimmer for 2023 & beyond with the promoter looking to expand the calendar to the USA. “ Spain, Croatia, Portugal, Estonia and Ireland wrestle around the remaining places.” Tbh and no offence to Rally Estonia and it’s fans, I’d replace it’s slot with Germany, I still think it’s a unique Tarmac event and I hope it gets back on the calendar sooner rather than later.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

10. Likes: Katvala (25th June 2022),wyler (10th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...duenner-48552/

Chances for Rally Deutschland are looking slimmer & slimmer for 2023 & beyond with the promoter looking to expand the calendar to the USA. “ Spain, Croatia, Portugal, Estonia and Ireland wrestle around the remaining places.” Tbh and no offence to Rally Estonia and it’s fans, I’d replace it’s slot with Germany, I still think it’s a unique Tarmac event and I hope it gets back on the calendar sooner rather than later.
    Is the Tennessee event an established one?

Liked 1,462 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Is the Tennessee event an established one?
    I honestly have no idea, just saw some news on Rally Deutschland so I thought I might share them.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Guess it would be the Bristol Forest Rally, which has run twice.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

14. Likes: WRCStan (10th June 2022)