Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
    Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    That has never been a plan...
    This plan was mentioned once by Yves Matton

"Matton has some objections, however. Just completing chrono rides in Ypres is not enough for the event to bear the Rally of Belgium label. That may seem strange, there are plenty of examples on the World Cup calendar where geographically restricted matches still have a national appearance." https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20210812_97231942

65 % of this plan was already achieved last year with Ypres + Spa. The inclusion of a Condroz day would have greatly reduced the 300 km liaison between Ypres and Spa ... but meanwhile Yves Matton is no longer Rally Director with the FIA, a wind of change is certainly coming from that direction ...
    Last edited by Sergiow; 13th August 2022 at 09:08.

Liked 929 Times in 556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Do you know if he's going to be there instead of Breen? yes I'm aware they said he has a two year contract but the article doesn't shed much light on that matter.
    If in doubt, flat out!

Liked 9,273 Times in 4,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Do you know if he's going to be there instead of Breen? yes I'm aware they said he has a two year contract but the article doesn't shed much light on that matter.
    Know? It’s just rumors about Tänak. But Breen would make a great second driver.

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th August 2022),cali (13th August 2022),pantealex (14th August 2022)
    Liked 1,223 Times in 560 Posts
    In addition to the speculative article..
    Tänak didn't say a word about the car or team(thank them) at the end of PS. And nobody (e.g smb from the team) wasn't at the finishline either..)

Vety difficult choice either way.. (Toyota excluded)

6. Likes: pantealex (14th August 2022)
    Liked 929 Times in 556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I was wondering if he had any knowledge aside from the rumour, and yeah I agree, they could make a good paring for 2023.
    If in doubt, flat out!

Liked 3,348 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hard to know that. Recently he was 3rd driver and did very well after the first bad rallies and first driver which doesn't work at all (yet?).
    You might say he was second on some rounds in 2017-2018 and it mostly didn't work but that was quite special situation.

Anyway before Finland I would totally say Tanak might switch, after Finland I am not so sure. Mostly due to seemingly declining speed at MSport and continuing reliability issues. The front suspension on the Puma also appears rather fragile as it's always the first to go.

A bit like previous Hyundai always lost the rear wheel.