Page 90 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Lol..

Total of massive THREE wins thru all the years.. (2 of them thanks to Ogier's off and Tänak's puncture)
    2016 rally wins (note 2 day cleaning for championship leaders):

Ogier 6 (1st on the road whole year)
    Mikkelsen 2 ( 2nd almost whole year)
    Meeke 2 (one of last cars om both)
    JML, Neuville, Paddon 1

Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Tanak to get one of the unluckiest punctures in human history in Poland 2016...
    You sure it wasn't unluckiest puncture in the whole universe?

Does Mikkelsens snowbank excursion on last stage of Sweden 2015 while leading count as unluckiest in all universes then?

Mikkelsens driveshaft failure (mechanic-induced) while leading Turkey 2018 by 40s is out of this world definitely.

..or more like, it's rally, shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    And btw his speed in Rally2 hasn't been overwhelming. He beats the oppostion by experience but has had good resistance and by the looks of last year Lappi destroyed him and look how he is still struggling in Rally 1 and he has the best car in his hands.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Lappi beat him in one rally, single, uno, 1, ein...

This year a fast snow rally like that one has been his so far only decent result.
    Impossible to conclude how either of them would do on any different rally based on single result. With regards to the car, note that Lappi also struggled with the dominating 2018 Toyota.

Mikkelsen has highly positive score in Rally2 vs Sordo, Breen, Suninen, Fourmaux and Solberg from the last few years. But yes since mid last year he no longer tries to dominate but instead just controls a win.
    Ogier has won his 5 last titles "by experience", rather than by dominating, or maybe he won them cause he didn't try to dominate.
    Last edited by mknight; 22nd July 2022 at 20:36.

2. Likes: skarderud (22nd July 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    And while doing so loose 90% of spectators, which will cause all manufacturers to lose interest too due to no more revenue.

Wrc just needs to let the people who have the means to build a car compete, without having approval from one of the few remaining car companies. If they did this to f1 we would have like 6 cars on the grid left.
    In an article about rally Estonia, Aava comments drop in spectator numbers.
    One of his explanations based on some poll is that most people (60% -out of what?) said they will watch online.

For online watchers sound means close to zero. (since the volume of all cars is tuned to same level and hidden under commentary and/or co-driver).

Sound is right now the only big difference between petrol/hybrid and full EV, and it's not something that is impossible to change.

Hence I am extremely sceptical of your 90% claim.

But I do agree that going more "hobby"/non-manu teams could also be a different way.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    One of his explanations based on some poll is that most people (60% -out of what?) said they will watch online.

For online watchers sound means close to zero. (since the volume of all cars is tuned to same level and hidden under commentary and/or co-driver).

Sound is right now the only big difference between petrol/hybrid and full EV, and it's not something that is impossible to change.

But I do agree that going more "hobby"/non-manu teams could also be a different way.
    True, I know lots of friends and people who preferred to stay behind the screen but where did you come up with the conclusion that for these guys sound is not important? Knowing personally quite few of them I know their preference and sound is totally one of them.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Sound is the only difference between BEV an ICE powered vehicle? Newton wants to have a word with you.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Rally Estonia has got quite expensive to spectate as well. And if you want massive crowds, you need to be also aware of price sensitivity.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

7. Likes: cali (23rd July 2022),flat_right (23rd July 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Rally Estonia has got quite expensive to spectate as well. And if you want massive crowds, you need to be also aware of price sensitivity.
    In a Betsafe podcast Aava admitted himself that the price is a bit too expensive. And just in case if someone from Rally Estonia team is reading this, then in my opinion it really was. Basically the same as in Rally Finland but compare the salaries people earn here. And then you start to calculate is it really worth it with the gas prices, accommodation etc.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    In a Betsafe podcast Aava admitted himself that the price is a bit too expensive. And just in case if someone from Rally Estonia team is reading this, then in my opinion it really was. Basically the same as in Rally Finland but compare the salaries people earn here. And then you start to calculate is it really worth it with the gas prices, accommodation etc.
    Expensive, yes. At the same time not overly expensive and worth the money for me.
    Bcs less spectators we had no issues with traffic, so I liked it a lot. Was expecting far worse.

Still my favourite rally is Catalunia

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Australia has multiple states each with a different state government.
    It is state governments that fund major sporting events in Oz.

“We are in discussions with Australia over a new event, with a new government partner, hopefully for 2024” Simon Larkin, WRC Promoter Event Director

11. Likes: AndyRAC (24th July 2022),AnttiL (24th July 2022),cali (24th July 2022),J4MIE (28th July 2022),steve.mandzij (27th July 2022),the sniper (24th July 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Yes, I'm sure a change in state government brought about the end of Perth as the Australia hosting WRC round. Would love to see that back, but one fears it's history.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

13. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (27th July 2022),TWRC (27th July 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Rally Finland spectator guide says that it's rumored that in the near future, Portugal and Catalunya would be losing their WRC status and be replaced by Cyprus and Latvia...there's an interview with Simon Larkin about getting WRC events in Middle East, North America etc. and reducing events in Europe, but this rumor is from the magazine's "own sources"