Page 45 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,554 Times in 2,298 Posts
    When Hyundai was clever? To you say “again”…

2. Likes: WRC1 (17th January 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    When Hyundai was clever? To you say “again”…
    Not the first time they have been giving false information or using mule car in tests and then claiming that everything has been redone etc etc etc shall I continue or don't you remember how the Arctic Rally was won?

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    There's not so much worth looking at on that Hyundai show car. Certainly nothing can be learned about the packaging or chassis design, and probably not very much about the aero either. While M-Sport and Toyota's cars were getting plenty of close attention in Salzburg, the i20 was... not. Whether by mistake or through careful planning, they've at least kept their cards up their sleeve for another couple of days.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    There's not so much worth looking at on that Hyundai show car. Certainly nothing can be learned about the packaging or chassis design, and probably not very much about the aero either. While M-Sport and Toyota's cars were getting plenty of close attention in Salzburg, the i20 was... not. Whether by mistake or through careful planning, they've at least kept their cards up their sleeve for another couple of days.
    The cars are homologated so the cards are on the table, no one can change major things anymore except through homologation jokers (and at the same time homologation jokers should be used for constant development)

6. Likes: lancia037 (17th January 2022),Mirek (17th January 2022),pantealex (17th January 2022),WRC1 (17th January 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    The cars are homologated so the cards are on the table, no one can change major things anymore except through homologation jokers (and at the same time homologation jokers should be used for constant development)
    Yeah I doubt anyone will use jokers based on how other cars look like.

Unless there are major issues I don't expect many jokers before april. (with the possible exception of Hyundai).

In the meantime there will be tons of opportunities for detailed pictures of every part of the cars from the outside and trough windows.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Unless there are major issues I don't expect many jokers before april. (with the possible exception of Hyundai).

In the meantime there will be tons of opportunities for detailed pictures of every part of the cars from the outside and trough windows.
    When Toyota came up with the CD rack rear aero, Hyundai and Ford followed soon. Difficult to say if there was some similar revolutionary solutions for the other teams. Yaris aero mirrors?

9. Likes: pantealex (17th January 2022)
    Liked 5,554 Times in 2,298 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

You only used jokers in allowed windows.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    When Toyota came up with the CD rack rear aero, Hyundai and Ford followed soon. Difficult to say if there was some similar revolutionary solutions for the other teams. Yaris aero mirrors?
    Hyundai changed first in GB 2017 and only for Neuville so some 8 months later.
    Ford changed for Finland 2018, 1,5 year later.

And those were only area increases not some massive redesign everywhere like the 2020 C3.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    No, true, but there's plenty that can be done slightly differently even on a homologated car, even details as fine as the orientation and positioning of the spare wheels can have an influence. Also, just keeping the other teams guessing for another couple of days is worth something, even if it's just to annoy them

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    i.e. Puma showed small bits that didn't have in the test car