Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Tempestini has already won Michelin Talent Factory competition:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/erc/news/erc/...in-tyre-boost/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    IIRC it was warned when the WRC promoter took over that there could be some combined WRC/ERC events. A huge step back IMO which only dilutes attention for ERC.

3. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd August 2022),the sniper (3rd August 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    IIRC it was warned when the WRC promoter took over that there could be some combined WRC/ERC events. A huge step back IMO which only dilutes attention for ERC.
    Maybe if that happens on the 2023 calendars. If all the rumours and suggestions in this thread are to be believed as considered but unviable, how is Catalunya a step back? It's not like it was arranged in January, it's two months before the event and end of the season. Lucky to have something and not nothing. What round would Eurosport have got in? And, who's responsibility was it to organise the 2022 calendar, the first 7 rounds were inherited weren't they?

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Maybe if that happens on the 2023 calendars. If all the rumours and suggestions in this thread are to be believed as considered but unviable, how is Catalunya a step back? It's not like it was arranged in January, it's two months before the event and end of the season. Lucky to have something and not nothing. What round would Eurosport have got in? And, who's responsibility was it to organise the 2022 calendar, the first 7 rounds were inherited weren't they?
    Sorry, but promoter was trying to find a last round for almost 10 months and failed. For me Catalunya is the last possilbe version before cancellation of the last event. And from my point of view, this is not a good step for ERC...

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Sorry, but promoter was trying to find a last round for almost 10 months and failed. For me Catalunya is the last possilbe version before cancellation of the last event. And from my point of view, this is not a good step for ERC...
    Agreed. Not really understanding why you replied though - my point was that in this thread it is said that Cyprus was a done deal and soon to be announced, then same with Romania, before we arrived at Catalunya, (with other suggestions and gossip on the rumour mill), so I don't think it's right for RS to raise whoever said "I knew this would happen with Promoter".

It's a genuine question if under Eurosport any of these or any other event would have been secured, and how when Promoter couldn't.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    I don't agree. Every weekend ewrc homepage is full of well subscribed events up and down
    Maybe but the entry for the ERC has been pretty poor. And how many of the national events listed get big crowds or any coverage beyond social media ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    And how many of the national events listed get big crowds or any coverage beyond social media ?
    Practically none, that's why I agreed with you on that point. If we're disagreeing anywhere maybe it's because I don't believe that it's a point of concern.

Liked 64 Times in 39 Posts
    If the WRC promoter had 10 months to find the final round for 2022, and I couldn't, I can't imagine what it will be like with the calendar for 2023. Either the promoter finds a reasonable solution for 2023 or the European will again cross a long desert as it did in the years before Eurosports arrived.

10. Likes: AndyRAC (6th August 2022),WRC1 (5th August 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    It's a genuine question if under Eurosport any of these or any other event would have been secured, and how when Promoter couldn't.
    Difficult to say who is responsible for the situation but new Promoter was announced since mid-year last year.
    Probably there were some contracts but issues with Hungary were known for a while.

On the topic to know if Eurosport could have found a non-WRC event instead of Catalunya, difficult to answer: but in 2020 (even if the constraints were not the same than WRC), they succeeded post-Covid lockout in building a 5-round program including one new event (Fafe, even if it remains Portugal) whereas WRC only did 4 rounds (including a Monza workaround solution but also e new event with Estonia) after Covid break.
    So I don’t say it was a sure fact but would think Eurosport could have succeeded; maybe they were a bit more flexible also. Also, maybe the fact that it is same promoter now makes the new one less flexible with other possibilities as they had Catalunya as last-resort option (whereas Eurosport wouldn’t have so they should have to find a real solution to avoid TV contract issues).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 6th August 2022 at 09:41.

12. Likes: WRCStan (6th August 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I'm going to guess that WRC Promoter want a lot more money than Eurosport did for a ERC round.......That's why they were struggling for a final round. I hope this is just a 'one off' and doesn't happen again. The ERC has to be a stand alone championship, and not a support category for the WRC.
    Last edited by AndyRAC; 6th August 2022 at 10:16.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

14. Likes: Eli (6th August 2022),the sniper (6th August 2022),WRCStan (6th August 2022)