Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    For existing rally fans this seems a good thing, as at least the full 'live stage' coverage will be top quality. And its extra 'free' rallying for WRC+ subscribers.

Eurosport have done ok with their live YT/FB shows but it was far from the WRC+ quality.

The only drawback is for those that don't or can't pay, and also the reduction in new fans that the free coverage may have brought in.

2. Likes: WRC1 (12th December 2021)
    Liked 598 Times in 319 Posts
    Here you go fellow wonks, 2022 Regional Rally Sporting Regs:

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...ulations_0.pdf

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    So much for adding a 9th round, and as much as I'm happy to see Azores, we could do with another country instead of going to Portugal twice (for Fafe), perhaps Cyprus? Maybe Corsica? Didn't they also talk about adding Ypres back to the ERC after this year?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

6. Likes: WRC1 (16th December 2021)

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    For existing rally fans this seems a good thing, as at least the full 'live stage' coverage will be top quality. And its extra 'free' rallying for WRC+ subscribers.

Eurosport have done ok with their live YT/FB shows but it was far from the WRC+ quality.

The only drawback is for those that don't or can't pay, and also the reduction in new fans that the free coverage may have brought in.
    According to the press release on fiaerc.com: ‘The Power Stage will be broadcast live on international networks as well as on WRC+ All Live.’

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    I did not like that the cars in most classes must use tyres from a FIA appointed brand.
    It takes away the option of a crew to get tyres sponsed from a company. Tyres has become a big part of costs for a privateer.

Here in Norway 1 winter rally tyre now cost 5000 NOK, aprox 500 euro, so 2000 euro foa a set of Pirellis or Michelins.

I am not sure how a deal like this works, do cometitors in WRC and ERC get better prices, or does a sponsordeal like this only mean money for FIA?

Liked 9,337 Times in 4,957 Posts
    Familiar face takes ERC manager role

With the departure of Eurosport Events as ERC’s series promoter, long-time championship co-ordinator Jean-Baptiste Ley also exited stage left, necessitating a new captain to steer the ship.

The WMSC bulletin confirmed that Iain Campbell will take the reins, a man with decades of rallying experience.

Iain campbell
    In addition to his stints as manager of the British Rally Championship and as Rally GB’s clerk of the course, he’s also officiated several WRC rounds as chair of the stewards.

“We’re not planning huge changes for 2022 but I’ll be keeping a keen eye on ideas for the future as the season progresses,” said Campbell of his new appointment. “It’s great to take up this role at the start of WRC Promoter’s ERC tenure and I can’t wait to get started.”

Campbell will take up his new role in January.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...-for-rallying/

Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I did not like that the cars in most classes must use tyres from a FIA appointed brand.
    It takes away the option of a crew to get tyres sponsed from a company. Tyres has become a big part of costs for a privateer.

Here in Norway 1 winter rally tyre now cost 5000 NOK, aprox 500 euro, so 2000 euro foa a set of Pirellis or Michelins.

I am not sure how a deal like this works, do cometitors in WRC and ERC get better prices, or does a sponsordeal like this only mean money for FIA?
    Not clear if one make or only tyres of FIA approved makes.

12. Likes: pantealex (16th December 2021),Sulland (16th December 2021),WRCStan (16th December 2021)
    Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Not clear if one make or only tyres of FIA approved makes.
    As far as I understand, you will use tyre of brand which will be registered to FIA. So it is (like usually) only about money.