Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Do we have some news for the last round?
    It was evoked Romania here as front-runner but no news still then.
    Because, it is really late now, IMO Promoter must make an announcement by next week either there is one (and where) or not. Makes no sense to have Barum registration if you don’t now if last round will occur for some drivers.

Incredibly badly managed situation: Monza 2020 in WRC was a force majeure situation so not comparable; Monza 2021 was finally quite quickly solved after Japan late withdrawal and there was still two rounds before it when it was announced (and the info was told to teams before the official announcement so it was almost official already).

Here, we know for the beginning of the season that a round is needed (or to decide to cancel last round) and it sounds like there is still no information or at least decision.

For me, this season is a terrible start by new Promoter; he is not necessarily responsible for the lack of battle in the championship and the level of championship competition (except Llarena who does the job as Kajto in the past) but he didn’t find a way to solve it neither. And the management on the last round is awful.
    Let’s hope they will handle better in the future because, else, it will become an ERT-style championship.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 23rd July 2022 at 20:01.

2. Likes: WRC1 (24th July 2022)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    No news yet. Biggest favourite Romania (in Cluj) seems failed on very last moment...

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised there is not big interests in having ERC round when all will be decided next month.

on the other hand... https://www.rallye-magazin.de/int/ar...rschaft-48788/
    Last edited by Tom K; 27th July 2022 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised there is not big interests in having ERC round when all will be decided next month.

on the other hand... https://www.rallye-magazin.de/int/ar...rschaft-48788/
    Well, clearly agree that with no big driver, a lot probably set by Barum (ERC title and maybe Junior4) + more constraints to organize with ERC in + probably a one-shot agreement as ERC seems to discuss again with Hungary for 2023, I don’t really see how you could have a lot of candidate for this round ... if any. And all the more complicated considering the period (and extremely awkward in my opinion to go in Barum with no guarantee on the last round).
    I don’t think any organizer will review his organization or funding in such a short time to host an ERC event looking at the level of international competitors in ERC this year so it’s clearly more about ERC looking for a reasonable candidate (level + cost) to save face more than the contrary.
    So I would see either no 8th event or a cheap agreement to add ERC drivers to an already structured rally with not too much local drivers such as Valais for example (don’t think Monza as last-resort could work this year with only ERC which is much less interesting).
    Germany to prepare bid for WRC? Well, why not but a long shot IMO between organizing an emergency-solution ERC event and having a WRC event (even if same promoter).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 27th July 2022 at 13:14.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    It's such a pity that Nil Solans season has been destroyed by funding and car/team issues. He was the only real competitor for Llarena and a battle between them could've hugely improved the Championship. And it would probably brought in a rally for the 8th round more easily (a Spanish rally would've been ideal).

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Llarena will be a worthy champion, he hasn’t just cruised around to pick up the points. However it’s clear that this year’s ERC has not been on the level of recent years. I’ve enjoyed watching the All-Live footage when i have been able but the promoter will need to do more to attract stronger entry lists next year.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (1st August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Llarena will be a worthy champion, he hasn’t just cruised around to pick up the points. However it’s clear that this year’s ERC has not been on the level of recent years. I’ve enjoyed watching the All-Live footage when i have been able but the promoter will need to do more to attract stronger entry lists next year.
    Yeah, honestly, the issue is not about Llarena being titled but more about the competition against him.
    He has the background (2nd last year with some good competition and a couple of podiums).
    +In the specific structure of the ERC (with a lot of good local contenders), winning the title with one win, two second positions, two 4th position and one top 10 in 5 races (and let’s see in Barum) is reasonable; Mikkelsen didn’t do better last year (even if competition was a big higher but Mikkelsen is also an abnormal driver for ERC) and Ingram or Kajto (at least his last title and maybe the 2nd one) won title like this.

But vice-champion will be a guy with 0 or 1 podium, 2 or 3 top-5, well a bit short.
    And I don’t see the interest for Llarena to stay in ERC next year; only point is about the funding of a WRC-2 program that could delay it.

10. Likes: RS (30th July 2022)
    I heard Welshman Osian Pryce saying the other day that if he can win the BRC this year (after being 2nd four times !) he is looking to move on. He seems to be quite well-funded, so I think there is a fair chance he might enter the ERC next year which would be a nice boost to the Championship.
    #M-SPORTER

Llarena will be a worthy champion, he hasn’t just cruised around to pick up the points.
    Obviously its no fault of his, but when the main competitor (Solans) has had to drop out, Llarena cant really get huge kudos for taking the title this year. Those entering the full championship was thin on the ground to start with and then to lose arguably the best of those makes the win a bit hollow.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The ERC needs a rethink regarding the calendar, and host countries......And they need to sort the promotion. It's not good enough....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???