Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Tyres registered is different of unique tyres.

2. Likes: RS (20th December 2021)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I did not like that the cars in most classes must use tyres from a FIA appointed brand.
    It takes away the option of a crew to get tyres sponsed from a company. Tyres has become a big part of costs for a privateer.

Here in Norway 1 winter rally tyre now cost 5000 NOK, aprox 500 euro, so 2000 euro foa a set of Pirellis or Michelins.

I am not sure how a deal like this works, do cometitors in WRC and ERC get better prices, or does a sponsordeal like this only mean money for FIA?
    For WRC, the years before DMack left the rules were different, and the tyre choice was pretty much free (I think there were 3 of 4 brands to choose from for S2000/R5), from pretty much every brand you would get some discount if you participated in a WRC event. I remember from DMack the offer was roughly 25% on the advertised price, and that was their proposal for a small team without much negotiating. Now the tyre manufacturer has to pay FIA/promotor (or both) for having the monopoly, so I think the days of negotiating prices are over, as there's nothing to choose from...

In ERC there was still some free tyre choice this year (Michelin/Pirelli/MRF) so I guess there was still some room for negotiating, especially for teams doing the whole championship. Let's wait and see if this changes with the new promotor... I know that in our small country (Belgium), for the national championship Pirelli was appointed this year, as obligatory tyre for all 4WD cars, so that also raised the expenses for the teams a lot. I hope it doesn't become a common thing in all national championships.

4. Likes: Sulland (19th December 2021)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    For WRC, the years before DMack left the rules were different, and the tyre choice was pretty much free (I think there were 3 of 4 brands to choose from for S2000/R5), from pretty much every brand you would get some discount if you participated in a WRC event. I remember from DMack the offer was roughly 25% on the advertised price, and that was their proposal for a small team without much negotiating. Now the tyre manufacturer has to pay FIA/promotor (or both) for having the monopoly, so I think the days of negotiating prices are over, as there's nothing to choose from...

In ERC there was still some free tyre choice this year (Michelin/Pirelli/MRF) so I guess there was still some room for negotiating, especially for teams doing the whole championship. Let's wait and see if this changes with the new promotor... I know that in our small country (Belgium), for the national championship Pirelli was appointed this year, as obligatory tyre for all 4WD cars, so that also raised the expenses for the teams a lot. I hope it doesn't become a common thing in all national championships.
    From my point of view, each unique supplier (doesnt matter if tyres or fuel or anything else) is usually helping to bring the money to the promoter/championship organiser, but in fact it make it more expensive for competitors...

6. Likes: Andre Oliveira (19th December 2021),AndyRAC (20th December 2021),Jeppe (22nd December 2021),lancia037 (20th December 2021),pantealex (19th December 2021),Rally Hokkaido (25th January 2022),Sulland (19th December 2021),TWRC (20th December 2021),WRCStan (19th December 2021)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    And it is non sense. Rally is competition, competition between drivers/codriver, makes, teams, tyres,...

I am very sad cause our sport are choose that way.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (20th December 2021),the sniper (21st December 2021),WRCStan (19th December 2021)
    Liked 309 Times in 149 Posts
    Politics or also mess made by DirtFish. They even wrongly named that particular stage... The reason could be crash on the last "normal" stage on Friday (Santa Lucia 2). Almost on the finish line Clio was off the road and hit more than one spectator's car. I love Spanish way of spectating with whole night picnic (even when you can easliy access the stage in the not-so-early morning) but sometimes they park their cars with a little bit of hazard.

Liked 309 Times in 149 Posts
    It is the accident which I mentioned, yes (Peugeot, not Clio, sorry). Probably one of the few cuts on this rally, but the big one. Road was full of gravel. I do not know if it is cause of complaint. But for me it is more logic, than the fact that somebody has fallen from the rock....

Liked 299 Times in 115 Posts
    Young Finnish 18 year old Toni Herranen will take part in several rounds of ERC4 Junior in 2022 to gain experience for the future

https://www.rallism.fi/content/fi/1/...bPxfPit9FJynFA

12. Likes: Jarek Z (26th December 2021),Mirek (25th December 2021),pantealex (28th December 2021)
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Norbert Herczig plans to drive a full 2022 European Rally Championship campaign:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/ercs-hungary-...g-aiming-high/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

14. Likes: Mirek (26th December 2021),YerayEcoBoost (11th January 2022)
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Any News about the host Country of last Round of ERC?

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-s-loeb-...re-we-expected

No ERC campaign for Mikkelsen, he will do Sweden in addition to Monte but no further plan after that. So maybe more open this year, maybe with also Kajto’s return as he might be a little short for the WRC-2.
    Don’t know what plans for Meeke, Llarena and Marczyk (WRC-2 Junior for the two last ones?).

Q:
    What is your programme, will you do ERC as well this year?
    AM:
    I will not do the ERC. It was so busy with rallies coming straight after after each other. We do this rally and Sweden, but we didn’t decide after that.