10 12 Sep 2021 Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-2.html

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2021 - SPRINT
    10 12 Sep 2021 Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....g-results.html

HIGHLIGHTS: Missed the F1 Sprint at Monza? Catch all the action right here
    11 September 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...wmrj7mzWD.html

Verstappen still wary of Mercedes threat despite ‘crucial’ Sprint result at Monza
    11 September 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...yzHjpwntU.html

Ricciardo promises 'full attack' in Italian Grand Prix as he clinches front-row start at Monza

11 September 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vMiDjOT7s.html

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Only thing interesting about this race was how fast and far Hamilton dropped.

Too bad about Gasly, he actually had good start and in the end just got unlucky.
    Hamilton messed up big time. This is how championships are lost.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Hamilton messed up big time. This is how championships are lost.
    Based on each drivers performance to date this season Verstappen deserves to be champion this year. Hamilton had the race win if he hadn't bottled it today. His own fault, one of way too many mistakes he has made this year.

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To be honest, Mercedes have been under-performing since pre-season testing and regulations changing. Hamilton's moves this season are often of a more desperate driver in a slower car. I am reminded of Vettel in a Ferrari.

Overall, the random sprint race and penalties for mechanical failures are not a good idea for a fair sport. Neither is the points system.

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    It looks like Hamilton has his work cut out for him tomorrow unless someone has a bad start. Once in the dirty air, he really didn't even make a challenge on the McLarens, and they were losing ground to Max and Valterri. Out in front, Bottas didn't seem to have any issues, and I was shocked that Max seemed to be able to stay with him. I'm not really sure if either of them pushed it much though, as they traded some fast laps but there was little to gain in really pushing it.

Sucks for Gasly. Though it was his own mistake, I think he would have finished getting past Hamilton. I'm surprised he didn't back off, but at that point nobody could really do a damage assessment on the wing, and with the short sprint, he wasn't going to recover from a replacement anyway.

If the Merc engine problems continue and Lewis has to take penalties, Max might be out of that potential problem zone as far as points go.

Lewis has lost most of his positions this year on starts, and Max has had quite a few really good holeshots as well. The only hope for the race is that Merc has good long term race pace, and can find the gaps to use it. Valterri might have a hard day just to work up to the points.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well…crazy max has done it again.
    Pure madness. Squeezed Hamilton on lap one and then oddly claims that hamilron sidnt leave him space even though he mounted the curb and pretty much turned into Hamilton. 100% Mad max fault.
    Of course stupid Brundle is trying to play neutral talking about a race incident. Laughable. If it was anyone but max he would be all over them. Wtf is he talking about. Laughable commentary.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well…crazy max has done it again.
    Pure madness. Squeezed Hamilton on lap one and then oddly claims that hamilron sidnt leave him space even though he mounted the curb and pretty much turned into Hamilton. 100% Mad max fault.
    Of course stupid Brundle is trying to play neutral talking about a race incident. Laughable. If it was anyone but max he would be all over them. Wtf is he talking about. Laughable commentary.
    Agreed plus Max was far less alongside Lewis there than Lewis was on Max at Copse in Silverstone. If Max doesn't get a penalty for that then it makes a joke of F1. I fully expect no penalty for him such is the idiocy of F1 stewards. Brundle is a moron and has no business commentating anymore.

8. Likes: truefan72 (12th September 2021)
    SkyF1 is really pissing me off. Lol “they took each other off” Nope! Mad Max took out Hamilton. End of story! Didnt even check on Hamilton. Class act! Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norris needs to pipe down. He isn’t faster than Ricciardo at all.
    Also RBR continue their stupidity by not telling Perez to give back the spot. And Perez should have known better

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Ah, i see the usual Hamilton fanboys have arrived.

Hard to tell who's at fault here, neither of them has done anything to avoid the accident. I would put the blame more towards hamilton because he didn't leave enough space and pushed max off.