Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    That's why I would advocate for a 10 second in race penalty at the next race instead of a 3 place grid drop.
    A racing incident should merit an in-race penalty.
    I would have applied that to Bottas and Stroll as well for the Hungary incident. In fact I would have made it a 10 sec stop and go for both of them.
    I think the penalty needs to be taken in a way there is no advantage, another option may be that should a new engine be applied and the driver have a penalty that penalty automatically becomes a 10 second stop go at the end of lap one. That should deter teams from attempting to bypass the penalty.

2. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2021)
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    I just had a thought about this incident. It's hypothetical, and maybe a bit silly, but here goes:

Moments after the crash, Hamilton puts it in reverse and spins his tires trying to get out from underneath the RB and out of the gravel. I assume the engine revving brought the temps up, resulting in the team telling him to turn off the engine.

What if, instead of putting it in reverse, he had just waited calmly for a minute or two (or 5) until Max's car had been removed? Could he have gotten out of the gravel on his own without the weight of the RB on his car? Would the engine temps stayed low enough for him to wait that long? Would he have been allowed to rejoin, and perhaps un-lap himself behind the safety car?

Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You have a knack of talking rubbish. What long game. He had to do just what he did,. It was up to Verstappen to take the long view or crash.
    You are the king of false takes and "rubbish". You have your fan-boy head so far stuck up Hamilton gluteus maximus, nobody can have a rationale conversation with you in this chat room. All you are is the monkey who throws his poop. You never add anything of substance.

Max is ahead, as long as Hamilton doesn't finish the race, that is a win. If he could damage Hamilton's gearbox and engine - that would be another win.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 16th September 2021 at 20:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    I just had a thought about this incident. It's hypothetical, and maybe a bit silly, but here goes:

Moments after the crash, Hamilton puts it in reverse and spins his tires trying to get out from underneath the RB and out of the gravel. I assume the engine revving brought the temps up, resulting in the team telling him to turn off the engine.

What if, instead of putting it in reverse, he had just waited calmly for a minute or two (or 5) until Max's car had been removed? Could he have gotten out of the gravel on his own without the weight of the RB on his car? Would the engine temps stayed low enough for him to wait that long? Would he have been allowed to rejoin, and perhaps un-lap himself behind the safety car?
    His rear wing was broken so I don't think continuing was a possibility regardless

6. Likes: Firstgear (16th September 2021)
    Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There were also a lot of other bits hanging off his car, so even if the team felt they could continue with rear wing damage, the FIA would have eventually called it too dangerous to be driving around there.

I'm not anti-Lewis, but to be blatantly honest, his attempt to show the FIA and the world, "this is what happens if you race hard against me and don't enforce instant penalties", actually just shows to me that he can't race hard without causing more damage than the other drivers. He needs someone like Lauda around to point it out to him. Also, although I am not anti-Lewis, I am anti-Hamfosi, so no point engaging with me as I am a naive retard and unwilling to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post
    There were also a lot of other bits hanging off his car, so even if the team felt they could continue with rear wing damage, the FIA would have eventually called it too dangerous to be driving around there.

I'm not anti-Lewis, but to be blatantly honest, his attempt to show the FIA and the world, "this is what happens if you race hard against me and don't enforce instant penalties", actually just shows to me that he can't race hard without causing more damage than the other drivers. He needs someone like Lauda around to point it out to him. Also, although I am not anti-Lewis, I am anti-Hamfosi, so no point engaging with me as I am a naive retard and unwilling to attend.
    If Max had shown he was willing to give Lewis room throughout the season like he should have in Imola and not nearly blown him off the track as in Spain I am pretty sure we'd have not had Silverstone or Monza incidents. Lewis has given Max plenty of room on many occasions so they could race hard, Max has never given Lewis any. I don't see why Lewis should give an inch to Max moving forward until such time as Max affords him the same respect he has afforded Max.

Lewis has been racing for years without coming together with rivals. The only difference here is that Max believes only he should be left room and he should never give room.

The best thing that could happen to Max this year would be for him to lose the championship because of these crashes. It would be a hard lesson but one he needs to be taught.

And actually I don't want Lewis to win the championship because I don't want anyone to beat Schumacher's 7 titles however for Max's long term career I think a title loss over these incidents would be good for him.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 17th September 2021 at 07:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post
    Also, although I am not anti-Lewis, I am anti-Hamfosi, so no point engaging with me as I am a naive retard and unwilling to attend.
    You're not the first to bang heads with Nitro when it comes to Lewis. He's actually quite reasonable, except when it comes To Lewis. Then he loses all objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And actually I don't want Lewis to win the championship because I don't want anyone to beat Schumacher's 7 titles....
    And that's one reason I'd like Lewis to win another. So that he beats Schummel's record.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/re...pdown/6669249/

Red Bull: Slow Monza pitstop resulted from FIA clampdown

you gotta love Horner's complete inability to take any personal responsibilty for anything.
    This is laughable.
    you can't argue with results.

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    If Max had shown he was willing to give Lewis room throughout the season like he should have in Imola and not nearly blown him off the track as in Spain I am pretty sure we'd have not had Silverstone or Monza incidents. Lewis has given Max plenty of room on many occasions so they could race hard, Max has never given Lewis any. I don't see why Lewis should give an inch to Max moving forward until such time as Max affords him the same respect he has afforded Max.

Lewis has been racing for years without coming together with rivals. The only difference here is that Max believes only he should be left room and he should never give room.

The best thing that could happen to Max this year would be for him to lose the championship because of these crashes. It would be a hard lesson but one he needs to be taught.

And actually I don't want Lewis to win the championship because I don't want anyone to beat Schumacher's 7 titles however for Max's long term career I think a title loss over these incidents would be good for him.
    Perhaps there is a point to analysing Max's behaviour on track and his previous issues in terms of racing hard vs. causing damages. But my point is more that I don't think Lewis achieved anything by taking Max out at Silverstone or at Monza. What I mean by that is, even if Mercedes are behind this year, the way a previous champion ought to drive is different to a challenger learning. Lewis could be back in 7th in the Championship and it still doesn't make sense for him, in my humble opinion, to keep taking Max out in order to protect himself. It has the opposing blowback. If Schumi did to Hill what Lewis did to Max at Silverstone, he would have had a black flag, and a race ban, and grid places. And the Hill fans would have seen it as right and fair and just and sporting and all those good things the British stand for.

For example, whether Lewis finished 1st or 2nd this year, I would still recognise his achievement in the slower car at times. But I am less likely to if he races worse than Max to get back at him. Although, that said, I do feel Mercedes and Lewis were hampered a bit by the FIA when they were on top and following the rules and not making mistakes. Not this season though. If Mercedes are no longer on top, they are increasing their version of no longer following the rules, and making more desperate mistakes.