Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Lewis was the slower car coming from the pit lane squeezing the faster car into a kerb barrier that sends cars into the air. The FIA need to look at track limits and why Lewis thought it was ok to not give more room to let two cars take the corner.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    If I am being honest, a fair penalty would be to start the next race and get a 10 second penalty at his first pit stop
    That would be consistent and fair.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's a completely different incident. If Max squeezed Lewis into a kerb that sent his car into the air then I don't think Lewis gets a penalty.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post
    Lewis was the slower car coming from the pit lane squeezing the faster car into a kerb barrier that sends cars into the air. The FIA need to look at track limits and why Lewis thought it was ok to not give more room to let two cars take the corner.
    you serious?
    lmao
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    you serious?
    lmao
    No. I think sausage kerbs are okay and strict track limits don't ruin the sport or cause more harm at all. I also think Lewis only gets penalised because he is black and he is all about equality which is why he doesn't pay any tax in the United Kingdom.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    No clue who was a fault there but the FIA sure does know. Either way it's going to make Russia another interesting race.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Well done Ricco!!!
    I have never seen Max back out of a corner.
    Ever.

8. Likes: N. Jones (13th September 2021)
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Lewis is lucky to be alive today. Halo saved his life thankfully. I think it was pretty classless of Max the way he just walked past Lewis. I mean, his car just went over the guys head, your first action after something like that should be to see if he is okay, F1 is secondary to someone being alive. It's not like Silverstone where Lewis was told Max was okay and didn't know he was in hospital.
    shall we mention how lewis tried to drive off while verstappen was getting out of the car? and again when verstappen was walking behind him?

they were both classless shitheads here.

10. Likes: N. Jones (13th September 2021)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Ahh... I knew the internet would be alive with finger pointing as soon as I watched the collision. Opinions all turn into facts, trusted sources from previous incidents are discarded for the next, and everyone is the expert. It never disappoints.

But first....

Except for the collision, this was an overall great race for Monza. Though passing was tough, it could be done.

Danny Ric got an absolute blazer of a start, caught Max out, and made it stick through the turn. And it continued to stick, with chasing at the lead being difficult for all the cars. He didn't put a foot wrong the entire race, and found himself on the top of the podium once again.

Lando did much the same, though he did lose the one position for a period of time. Once he was back up front, he did everything he could to fight off Hamilton, and made it work.

Well done to McLaren... even without the collision a great race for them, and when the frontrunners take each other out, they inherit the top two steps of the podium. It's been a while since we've seen a "Shoey", and they all shared in it. It's been a long time coming for them and they deserve it. One of the best podium celebrations in quite a while really.

Bottas drove a blazer of a race. He came through the pack much quicker than I expected, and made it look easy. Naturally it got much tougher once with the frontrunners, but overall he was a solid performer. The hard tires for the Mercs didn't really work the way I thought they might, but overall they still had great pace and made them work.

Perez had a decent race, but the off track pass was obviously a lasting advantage, and in the end he couldn't make enough time up to make the penalty go away. This is what I dislike about the FIA and stewarding decisions. To me, that was an instance where within seconds they should have made him give the position back. When a driver gains an advantage, it also disadvantages all drivers behind, and really the compensation of a time penalty isn't always even close to fair. Had Bottas been in front, he might have had a shot at Lando at some point. As it turned out likely not, but either way it does no favors to the car behind and being held up.

Good showing by the Reds as well. McLaren were just a step ahead today, but the Ferrari was still at least in the hunt. Leclerc got a bit lucky at the end with the red flag stop, but they both raced well. Russell had the red flag stop and ended up with that car in a position it can't really race to, but it was there when it mattered. As for Stroll.... a quiet race and did well. The Alpines rounded out the top 10 and showed strengths and ability once again.

Poor Seb seemed to get bounced around like a ping pong ball. He didn't catch a break the entire race it seemed.

As for the collision, I'm still not quite sure what to think of the move or the decision. Max did dive in really late, but really almost all great passes involve diving in late by out braking someone. Once they both turned in on turn one, Max really didn't have the option to go straight across any more, as he would have just bounced the sausage curbs at a slightly different angle and still bounced into Lewis, unless Lewis completely backed out. As it was, once both turned it, the Lewis squeeze (which he was entitled to do) made the back tire of the RB bounce up just enough to meet the Merc tire and ride over.

Even the stewards decision states that Lewis could have "steered further from the kerb to avoid the incident" but didn't have to due to track position being reasonable. So they are essentially saying that if you "own" the racing line, you can not avoid the collision and allow it to happen, yet not be just as much at fault. It's confusing really. Had Lewis been that far alongside at Silverstone and they hit like that when Max turned in, no telling how far both of them might have launched. When all four wheels can contact it's almost always a sure thing that both cars will take a hard hit in some form, and that's what ended up happening. When they actually collided Max was well alongside, only about a half a wheel short of Hamilton.

I'll also say that without the sausage curbs, moves like this happened all the time, and the usual outcome was that the car on the inside of turn two could back out after the dive, and they both drove away. When the curbs are set up like that within track limits areas, they should either be full length and follow the contour of the track, or they shouldn't exist.

I don't think the penalty was harsh, but at the same time I don't want a rule that says you can't make a late move. Late moves are what makes racing great. If they want to enforce it they way they have been, they may as well paint a line and state that whoever crosses that point of line first owns the corner, and won't be at fault. Both of them scrubbed enough speed off to avoid the collision in the way it happened, but neither gave an inch. I think Max would have been even more likely to cause a major collision if he had turned left over the curbs sooner, it's just that the collision would have happened slightly differently.

As for any of it being intentional, I think it's just silly. As for respect and checking on the other driver, neither of them took the high road. Max knew full well that Lewis was at in decent shape, as he was trying to back out as Max exited the RB. Probably not the smartest thing for either driver. Had Lewis shut off the car and not done that, I would have expected Max to walk up the Merc and make sure he could get out at least. As it was, neither really showed much concern for the other in my opinion, as it was clear both were moving just fine.

Bagwan's conspiracy corner is going to have a tough time with this one....
    Last edited by airshifter; 13th September 2021 at 04:47.

12. Likes: Bagwan (13th September 2021),gm99 (13th September 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    'Hamilton tried forcing Verstappen to cut the corner in vain', says Alonso
    12-09-2021 22:16 | Updated: 12-09-2021 22:37
    by GPblog.com

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/93985...ys-alonso.html

Hamilton reacts to Verstappen's grid penalty: 'Proud of the stewards'
    12-09-2021 18:29 | Updated: 12-09-2021 19:24
    by GPblog.com

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/93962...-stewards.html

Internet reacts to Verstappen's punishment: "BS in my opinion"
    12-09-2021 18:28 | Updated: 12-09-2021 19:24
    by GPblog.com