Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/re...pdown/6669249/

Red Bull: Slow Monza pitstop resulted from FIA clampdown

you gotta love Horner's complete inability to take any personal responsibilty for anything.
    This is laughable.
    They have imposed new rules in regards to things such as cost caps and mechanical damages and grid penalties and pit stops and he is speaking out about what he feels is unfair for all teams. The headlines come from a reporter questioning him on it. It looks bad PR but in reality I do feel that he ultimately has more spatial awareness and intelligence in certain areas than the entire FIA combined and their committees keep ruling that he loses even if he follows their own procedures.

Also, I was thinking about this the other day, although it is a bit conspiratorial. How easy would it be for Mercedes to pay a Red Bull mechanic to forget a new button imposed by the FIA half way through the season and vice versa... or how easy would it be for a third party to interfere with its functioning.
    Last edited by Average Sim Racer; 18th September 2021 at 01:02.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post
    They have imposed new rules in regards to things such as cost caps and mechanical damages and grid penalties and pit stops and he is speaking out about what he feels is unfair for all teams. The headlines come from a reporter questioning him on it. It looks bad PR but in reality I do feel that he ultimately has more spatial awareness and intelligence in certain areas than the entire FIA combined and their committees keep ruling that he loses even if he follows their own procedures.

Also, I was thinking about this the other day, although it is a bit conspiratorial. How easy would it be for Mercedes to pay a Red Bull mechanic to forget a new button imposed by the FIA half way through the season and vice versa... or how easy would it be for a third party to interfere with its functioning.
    You are sounding a bit like Bagwan dude... with your conspiracy theory... except he wouldn't agree with you as he reckons Merc are just sandbagging for effect and will still go on to take both titles... hey he could well be right, there is a microscopic possibilty of that being the case, I just don't see it as being very likely... or yours, no offence.

I don't think any team member in their right mind could be bought by a rival team and I dont think any team would try it because if rumbled/grassed on, the financial implications of being booted out of the championship for a year and multi million dollar fine... as well as having the cheat label destroy the brand... just makes it non financially viable. Nor could I see Merc trying to pull a stunt like that tbh.

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You are sounding a bit like Bagwan dude... with your conspiracy theory... except he wouldn't agree with you as he reckons Merc are just sandbagging for effect and will still go on to take both titles... hey he could well be right, there is a microscopic possibilty of that being the case, I just don't see it as being very likely... or yours, no offence.

I don't think any team member in their right mind could be bought by a rival team and I dont think any team would try it because if rumbled/grassed on, the financial implications of being booted out of the championship for a year and multi million dollar fine... as well as having the cheat label destroy the brand... just makes it non financially viable. Nor could I see Merc trying to pull a stunt like that tbh.
    I don't think it is likely either. Hence, I feel what Horner explained was the truth and the headline twisted it. But not for the reasons you listed as there have been many weird in team cheating attempts that never made sense if they were caught and penalised to the full extent.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

Sandbagging is not against the rules , but they still wouldn't want to be caught doing it .
    If you want to forget a button , it would be easier to ask Lewis to do that magic than to ask someone new .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think the penalty needs to be taken in a way there is no advantage, another option may be that should a new engine be applied and the driver have a penalty that penalty automatically becomes a 10 second stop go at the end of lap one. That should deter teams from attempting to bypass the penalty.
    This approach makes more sense. The engine change sort of nullifies the penalty and takes control out of the hands of the stewards.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    I just had a thought about this incident. It's hypothetical, and maybe a bit silly, but here goes:

Moments after the crash, Hamilton puts it in reverse and spins his tires trying to get out from underneath the RB and out of the gravel. I assume the engine revving brought the temps up, resulting in the team telling him to turn off the engine.

What if, instead of putting it in reverse, he had just waited calmly for a minute or two (or 5) until Max's car had been removed? Could he have gotten out of the gravel on his own without the weight of the RB on his car? Would the engine temps stayed low enough for him to wait that long? Would he have been allowed to rejoin, and perhaps un-lap himself behind the safety car?
    He would have cooked the engine while waiting for the Redbull to be removed. Attempting to reverse out as quickly as possible was the only play available.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    His rear wing was broken so I don't think continuing was a possibility regardless
    If he managed to get out, he could have limped to the pits and have the car fixed and maybe salvaged the situation with a point or two.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    You're not the first to bang heads with Nitro when it comes to Lewis. He's actually quite reasonable, except when it comes To Lewis. Then he loses all objectivity.
    What are you saying? Are you saying Verstappen is right to crash into Hamilton. Because that is what we are talking about. Do you think he could have avoided that crash but was a good idea to crash into Hamilton? Was it ok that he nearly killed Hamilton?

If you remove Hamilton from the picture and say it was another driver in the car fighting him for the championship, would your answers not be the same?

If your answers to these questions are yes, then you are the one with a problem; an Anti-Hamilton problem. As my views would be the same regardless of the driver in the Mercedes.
    William Shakespeare

Dear lord, you never cease to surprise me with your posts.
    William Shakespeare

I don't think it is likely either. Hence, I feel what Horner explained was the truth and the headline twisted it. But not for the reasons you listed as there have been many weird in team cheating attempts that never made sense if they were caught and penalised to the full extent.
    Horner cannot see the truth if it smacked him in the face. The crash bills are beginning to hurt Redbull and as usual, he points an angry finger at the FIA and F1M. It is ridiculous to even suggest that Mercedes was responsible in some way for the poor pitstop of Redbull. It is offensive to Mercedes to make such a suggestion. I think you should think carefully before you post.
    William Shakespeare