Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You are moving the goalposts again.. so we are comparing the first lap incident today instead now? I haven't watched the full race yet so I can't comment on that one but if thats the case then yes, I'll no doubt agree... but you compared todays incident with Silverstone.
    No I have been comparing all three incidents if you look back at my posts and saying that if lap one was a racing incident today, so was Silverstone and so was the incident that took them both out today but actually I think Max knew the sausage kerb was there today so I think blame is more in his court the more I think of it.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 12th September 2021 at 17:40.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No I have been comparing all three incidents if you look back at my posts and saying that if lap one was a racing incident today, so was Silverstone and so was the incident that took them both out today.
    Ok,
    I replied with 'perhaps' to your first lap comparison and I do agree that if that is what happened in the first lap and the Stewards deemed it a racing incident then fair is fair and so this should be too... but I'm seeing little/no correlation or equality with todays collision and the Silverstone one. Max left room there... Lewis also received a nothing penalty and went on to win.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Ok,
    I replied with 'perhaps' to your first lap comparison and I do agree that if that is what happened in the first lap and the Stewards deemed it a racing incident then fair is fair and so this should be too... but I'm seeing little/no correlation or equality with todays collision and the Silverstone one. Max left room there... Lewis also received a nothing penalty and went on to win.
    3 place grid drop for Max at the next race and 2 penalty points.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well the stewards agreed with my assessment and Verstappen has been given a 3 place grid drop at the next GP and 2 penalty points/

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...0collision.pdf
    Here is the ruling:

"Fact - Collision with car 44 in turn 2.

Offence - Breach of Article 2 (d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision - 3 Grid Place Drop at the driver’s next event.
    (2 penalty points imposed, total of 2 points in the 12 month period)

Reason - The Stewards heard from the driver of car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representatives, reviewed the video evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly to blame for the collision with Car 44 at Turn 2.

Car 44 was exiting the pits. Car 33 was on the main straight. At the 50m board before Turn 1, Car 44 was significantly ahead of Car 33. Car 33 braked late and started to move alongside Car 44, although at no point in the sequence does Car 33 get any further forward than just behind the front wheel of Car 44. During the hearing the driver of Car 33 asserted that the cause of the incident was the driver of Car 44 opening the steering after Turn 1 and “squeezing” him to the apex of turn 2. The driver of Car 44 asserted that the driver of Car 33 attempted to pass very late and should have given up the corner either by backing off sooner, or by turning left behind the kerb.

The Stewards observed on CCTV footage that the driver of Car 44 was driving an avoiding line, although his position caused Car 33 to go onto the kerb. But further, the Stewards observed that Car 33 was not at all alongside Car 44 until significantly into the entry into Turn 1. In the opinion of the Stewards, this manoeuvre was attempted too late for the driver of Car 33 to have “the right to racing room”. While Car 44 could have steered further from the kerb to avoid the incident, the Stewards determined that his position was reasonable and therefore find that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly to blame for the incident.

In coming to the penalty the Stewards emphasise that they have only considered the incident itself and not the consequences thereof.

The Stewards Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Chapter 4 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits"

I wonder if Brundel will now eat humble pie and admit he was wrong and if DiResta will do the same.
    This is a well deserved penalty and a culmination of all the bully driving that Max has engineered.
    This time he nearly injured a fellow competitor because he doesn't care or is unwilling to compromise with anyone on the track.
    Last edited by truefan72; 12th September 2021 at 18:00.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    3 place grid drop for Max at the next race and 2 penalty points.
    So I see.. that's harsh and clearly wong IMO. Strange that Lewis was the one who left no room despite Max clearly being alongside.. and yet Max gets the penalty.
    Maybe his earlier squeeze on Lewis had some influence on that decision or they just want to keep it nip and tuck to the wire.

Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts
    Great drive the Mclaren boys!

Norris and Danny Ric will need antibiotics for next race to recover from the bacteria they drank.

7. Likes: truefan72 (12th September 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well the stewards agreed with my assessment and Verstappen has been given a 3 place grid drop at the next GP and 2 penalty points/

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...0collision.pdf
    Here is the ruling:

"Fact - Collision with car 44 in turn 2.

Offence - Breach of Article 2 (d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.

Decision - 3 Grid Place Drop at the driver’s next event.
    (2 penalty points imposed, total of 2 points in the 12 month period)

Reason - The Stewards heard from the driver of car 33 (Max Verstappen), the driver of car 44 (Lewis Hamilton) and team representatives, reviewed the video evidence and determined that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly to blame for the collision with Car 44 at Turn 2.

Car 44 was exiting the pits. Car 33 was on the main straight. At the 50m board before Turn 1, Car 44 was significantly ahead of Car 33. Car 33 braked late and started to move alongside Car 44, although at no point in the sequence does Car 33 get any further forward than just behind the front wheel of Car 44. During the hearing the driver of Car 33 asserted that the cause of the incident was the driver of Car 44 opening the steering after Turn 1 and “squeezing” him to the apex of turn 2. The driver of Car 44 asserted that the driver of Car 33 attempted to pass very late and should have given up the corner either by backing off sooner, or by turning left behind the kerb.

The Stewards observed on CCTV footage that the driver of Car 44 was driving an avoiding line, although his position caused Car 33 to go onto the kerb. But further, the Stewards observed that Car 33 was not at all alongside Car 44 until significantly into the entry into Turn 1. In the opinion of the Stewards, this manoeuvre was attempted too late for the driver of Car 33 to have “the right to racing room”. While Car 44 could have steered further from the kerb to avoid the incident, the Stewards determined that his position was reasonable and therefore find that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly to blame for the incident.

In coming to the penalty the Stewards emphasise that they have only considered the incident itself and not the consequences thereof.

The Stewards Competitors are reminded that they have the right to appeal certain decisions of the Stewards, in accordance with Article 15 of the FIA International Sporting Code and Chapter 4 of the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, within the applicable time limits"

I wonder if Brundel will now eat humble pie and admit he was wrong and if DiResta will do the same.
    This is a well deserved penalty and a culmination of all the bully driving that Max has engineered.
    This time he nearly injured a fellow competitor because he doesn't care or is unwilling to compromise with anyone on the track.

If the Stewards decision is gospel and default proof of right and wrong, I didn't see you eating any humble pie when the Stewards penalised Lewis at Silverstone. Just sayin..

Anyway.. its interesting that we seem to have a new set of unwritten rules. Getting alongside to just behind the front wheels is no longer deemed to be enough anymore....and thats fair enough but they have set a new precedent now which they really have to abide by going forward.

9. Likes: gm99 (12th September 2021)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    If the Stewards decision is gospel and default proof of right and wrong, I didn't see you eating any humble pie when the Stewards penalised Lewis at Silverstone. Just sayin..

Anyway.. its interesting that we seem to have a new set of unwritten rules. Getting alongside to just behind the front wheels is no longer deemed to be enough anymore....and thats fair enough but they have set a new precedent now which they really have to abide by going forward.
    No humble pie to eat.
    I was annoyed with the decision in Silverstone,
    I accepted the penalty they gave him, Hamilton took his penalty, and then came back to win.
    It was you guys who could not even accept that outcome.
    This time around...Crickets
    No talk of dangerous driving or nearly injuring Hamilton.
    Verstappen didn't even have the decency to check on Hamilton.
    No class, at all.
    oh well
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    No humble pie to eat.
    I was annoyed with the decision in Silverstone,
    I accepted the penalty they gave him, Hamilton took his penalty, and then came back to win.
    It was you guys who could not even accept that outcome.
    This time around...Crickets
    No talk of dangerous driving or nearly injuring Hamilton.
    Verstappen didn't even have the decency to check on Hamilton.
    No class, at all.
    oh well
    In that case I guess there is no humble pie to eat for them either then.

You talk about dangerous driving and Max not being concerned about another driver after what Lewis did at Silverstone... with Max having suffering an enormous impact and having to go to hospital for scans and meanwhile Lewis is away celebrating like he'd just won the championship, lording it up and clearly not giving a flying duck? Thats rich.. and double standards.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    a 3 place drop seems harsh considered they gave lewis only a meaningless 5 seconds for sending max into the wall.

but hey, at least the season will stay exciting this way.