Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Sim Racer View Post

My genuine position is the car in front has more responsibility to leave space at tight over-taking corners and the FIA are not caring about protecting the line of the over-taking driver.

If you are arguing that it is reckless to over-take when there is no clear and obvious gap then Hamilton ought to have been black flagged and had grid places dropped for Silverstone, with Mercedes paying for the damages to Red Bull's car.

In this incident Mercedes have a point to raise with the FIA about sausage kerbs ruining their car unfairly and endangering their driver.

If you argue Max has a responsibility to not go over the sausage kerb then in my opinion you also have to argue Lewis has a responsibility to respect the sausage kerb as a dangerous track limit for Max.

Lewis has had decisions in the past at Monza, for example when Leclerc pushed him off track and got a warning, but the difference is it wasn't in the wet or with sausage kerbs so it wasn't as reckless as when the Mercedes cars have done it recently.

Again, I am not denying the recklessness or victim shaming. I am recognising the scale of danger in context. Bottas and Lewis deserved warnings, perhaps more for being reckless in defensive situations where there was even more danger off-track than what Leclerc did.
    Your problem is you have double standards. When Verstappen did it at the start of the race it was fine with you. When the favour was returned you proclaim more room should have been given. You are as confused as you are pretentious of holding a genuine opinion on the matter. All you have is a biased opinion that is blind to one side and accusative to the other regardless of the actuality of the situation. You lack objectivity, hence you can only talk rubbish on the matter.

Why the hell should the car in front give more room to a car well behind. For a start that is not racing. That is not what Mercedes or any team pay their drivers to do. It actually is the obligation of the car behind to know when an overtaking manoeuvre is untenable and use their better judgement to avoid causing a crash.

And no, you have completely misjudged the scale of this incident relative to the incidents that you have quoted. You have the luxury to make those statements because there was no fatality. The Redbull car could be clearly seen to have knocked Hamiltons head forward and downwards. It was situation that could have resulted in a broken neck if the security devices on that car had not done their job.

My beef with your post is the insensitivity to the potential fatality that we are lucky was averted.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 14th September 2021 at 23:12.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare