Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    What about that?

Are you suggesting that because the wheel drove over his head, that should be a key point on whether he deserves a punishment or not?

How is that even relevant?
    Make your point!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Make your point!
    I already did.. and tbh I couldnt really make it any clearer for you than I already have... BK understood it perfectly.

Stop stalling.

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    Even if damage to the Merc was minimal, I seriously doubt that anyone would hook up a strap to the RB without Lewis out of the car. Any bad swing of the car on top could send it the drivers direction. Unless he couldn't get out, they would likely just get the top car stable and get the driver out.

And once the driver is out of the car, I can't think of any time where cars were untangled and then a driver got back in and drove off. I'm fairly certain that once the driver is out, they are going to be calling it a day.

As far as accident danger.... back at Silverstone people argued that it shouldn't matter and risk to the drivers was only showing emotional response. How quickly things change when the roles of who might be at danger are reversed.

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Martin Brundle: “Max hasn’t done anything wrong there. It is fair enough to go around the outside. Lewis can’t cross over until the white line finishes… …and Max’s car hit the rollover hoop of Lewis’s car, that is where the damage has come from!”

Verstappen & Hamilton Clash at Turn 2 | 2021 Italian Grand Prix
    Sep 12, 2021
    FORMULA 1

Title rivals come together once again! Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton clash at Turn 2, causing a double retirement and for a safety car to be deployed. Thankfully, both drivers walked away unharmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VSwwZYDW94

Red Bull chief accuses Lewis Hamilton of faking injury after Max Verstappen crash
    Hamilton said he has suffered headaches and 'a tight neck' as a result of the incident at Monza, but Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko described it as a 'show'

By Daniel MoxonSports Trends Writer
    09:47, 16 Sep 2021
    Updated09:48, 16 Sep 2021

Seven-time F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton has sensationally been accused by a top Red Bull employee of faking injuries sustained in the crash he had with title rival Max Verstappen.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...elmut-24997077

Red Bull Boss Slams Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes for Faking His Injuries After Italian GP Crash
    Pawan Atri

World champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes and Red Bull's Max Verstappen were involved in a collision during last weekend's Italian Grand Prix at Monza. The British driver was rushed to the hospital almost immediately as the crash left him seriously injured.

https://sputniknews.com/20210916/red...089101442.html

Ex-Bridgestone man questions ‘bias with certain stewards’
    Date published: September 17 2021 - Michelle Foster

The stewards declared Verstappen was “predominantly” to blame for Sunday’s crash.

However, former Bridgestone F1 tyre man Van de Grint disagrees, saying both drivers could have done something to avoid a collision.
    “If we have to describe the crash, I think it’s a racing incident,” he said in RTL GP’s Slipstream podcast.

“What you can expect, what we predicted months ago. These two didn’t give anything.

“Max could have used the escape road, Hamilton could have left a bit more space. Neither wanted to. Each had their reason for that too.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/certai...ax-verstappen/

'Clear I'm in his head!' Max Verstappen fumed at Lewis Hamilton's 'silly comment'
    By Charlie Bradley
    15:29, Sat, Sep 18, 2021 | UPDATED: 15:29, Sat, Sep 18, 2021

Max Verstappen is putting up a big challenge to seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton this season, and the two drivers have clashed on the track on multiple occasions. Just last weekend, at the Italian Grand Prix in Monza, Verstappen and Hamilton came together at the first chicane of the famous track, leading to both drivers retiring from the race. Red Bull has continued the war of words this week as they defend their Dutch driver, who received a three-place grid penalty for the next race in Russia. Red Bull chief Helmut Marko has accused Hamilton of putting on a “show”.

He said: “It was a normal racing accident, all the stories around it were pulled by Mercedes,” Marko told Sport24 Auto. “Verstappen had already got off when Hamilton tried to get out of the gravel trap with the return. The medical car saw this and drove on.

“And then a show is pulled off that poor Hamilton is suddenly injured, et cetera.”

Other drivers have also offered their view on the incident – Ferrari's Carlos Sainz has said it is "pretty clear" who was at fault but has refused to disclose who he would pin the blame on.

He added: “They are fighting for a championship. You’re more exposed to these kinds of incidents [in that scenario] like we’ve seen in the past.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ormula-one-spt

Ralf Schumacher hits out at Hamilton dramatising
    SEPTEMBER 21, 2021

Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes were "too dramatising" in the wake of the seven time world champion's scary incident with title rival Max Verstappen at Monza.

That is the view of former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher, who nonetheless agrees that Hamilton is a "colourful" driver who "gives Formula 1 a lot".
    However, Schumacher thinks the 36-year-old went over the top by suggesting he was actually injured as a result of Verstappen's Red Bull climbing over his roll-over hoop at Monza.

"I think Lewis was too dramatising of it, considering that he flew to New York the next day to attend an event," he told Sport1, referring to Hamilton's appearance on the red carpet at the Met Gala.

Schumacher also hit out at Mercedes boss Toto Wolff for always rejecting any critique of Hamilton.

"If there is any criticism at all, Toto comes right out and says 'That's not how you talk about a seven-time world champion'," Schumacher noted.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/ralf-...amatising.html

https://grandpx.news/schumacher-hits...n-dramatising/

Alonso: Verstappen is the best driver in F1 right now
    Paul Velasco
    20 September, 2021

Fernando Alonso believes that Max Verstappen is the best driver in Formula 1 because Red Bull have built the team around their young star, and thus hard to beat according to the Spaniad.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/09...-f1-right-now/

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think what need to be put into perspective here is that Verstappens crash into Hamilton in Monza was actually a lot more dangerous than the incident between the two in Silverstone. Verstappen went in sideways into the barrier, this is the best possible angle one can crash at. Even 20 years ago Verstappen would have come out of that crash with little more than a scratch and I remember Michael Schumacher having a very similar incident in Copse at around the same speed in one of the free practice sessions many years ago and he went onto race the next day.

On the other hand, had the Monza crash occurred 4 seasons ago, it is almost certain it would have been fatal for Hamilton, or at the very best he would have ended up crippled for the remainder of his life.

I agree however that this is not relevant to the punishment but I think people seem to think just because it's 51G it's more critical, but that's not the case.
    It depens on what you consider dangerous.

The accident itself in monza was not dangerous at all, just wheels banging at low speed. But due to the curb trowing the car in the air the outcome was unexpectedly dangerous. In pretty much al other cases this would have been a completely forgettable moment.
    Nobody could foresee that anything so dangerous was going to happen there.

But in silverstone, at those speeds, it was always going to be dangerous. Any 300 km/h crash is a big risk, even when in hindsight nobody got seriously hurt.

That's why these punishments are just not correct. Doing a stupid attempt at overtaking in a slow chicane is not comparable to doing a stupid attempt at overtaking in the fastest corner of the race.

Make your point!
    Still waiting on you to answer my question, its a yes or no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    It depens on what you consider dangerous.

The accident itself in monza was not dangerous at all, just wheels banging at low speed. But due to the curb trowing the car in the air the outcome was unexpectedly dangerous. In pretty much al other cases this would have been a completely forgettable moment.
    Nobody could foresee that anything so dangerous was going to happen there.

But in silverstone, at those speeds, it was always going to be dangerous. Any 300 km/h crash is a big risk, even when in hindsight nobody got seriously hurt.

That's why these punishments are just not correct. Doing a stupid attempt at overtaking in a slow chicane is not comparable to doing a stupid attempt at overtaking in the fastest corner of the race.
    I suppose, you need someone to die first before you acknowledge that it was dangerous. Knowing you, you would say the opposite if it was the Redcbull of Verstappen under the Mercedes of Hamilton. In this scenario, you can also imagine Horner spewing his heart out at how dangerous Hamilton was and why he should be banned from racing altogether for causing a crash and dumping his race car on Verstappen's head. Since the whiner lacks any sense of morality or a modicum of a sense of fairness, we have him asking for Hamilton to be penalized for being a victim in the crash.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st September 2021 at 20:47.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Still waiting on you to answer my question, its a yes or no answer.
    You made a loaded statement, you mean more than you let on.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    Daniel Ricciardo DEFENDS Max Verstappen for his role in crash with Lewis Hamilton at Monza by claiming Dutchman 'wouldn't have turned his back' if he knew his title rival was injured
    • Daniel Ricciardo has defended Max Verstappen's actions after his Monza crash
    • Verstappen's car mounted Lewis Hamilton's after colliding at the Italian GP
    • Dutchman appeared to turn his back on Hamilton and walk back to the paddock
    • Hamilton suffered a neck injury as a result but was saved by the car's 'halo'
    • Ricciardo believes Verstappen didn't realise that Hamilton was injured
    By Sam Mcevoy For Mailonline
    Published: 13:43, 22 September 2021 | Updated: 15:39, 22 September 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ton-Monza.html

Marko hits out at Hamilton’s ‘funny outfit’
    SEPTEMBER 22, 2021

Red Bull’s Dr Helmut Marko has hit out again at Lewis Hamilton, following reports the seven time world champion suffered a neck injury as a result of his Monza clash with Max Verstappen.
    Marko has already called out Hamilton and Mercedes’ “stories” about the injuries, adding that the 36-year-old Briton and his team put on a “show” in the aftermath.
    Former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher sided with Marko, accusing Hamilton of “dramatising” the incident.
    “The whole incident was certainly not life-threatening,” Dr Marko told the German broadcaster n-tv.
    “If he had really serious neck pain or any problems, he would not have been in New York the next day in the very funny outfit he appeared in,” the 78-year-old Austrian added.
    “If you go on a seven-hour flight with an injured neck after an incident like that, it couldn’t have been all that serious,” said Marko.

https://grandpx.news/marko-hits-out-...-funny-outfit/

Max Verstappen defended by Daniel Ricciardo for role in Lewis Hamilton crash
    Ricciardo emphasised that he does not believe Verstappen would have “turned his back” if he knew Hamilton was injured
    Harry Latham-Coyle

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1924674.html

You made a loaded statement, you mean more than you let on.

Do I? I'm curious as to what you think that might be then seeing as I don't even know what it is myself.

I just found your opinion that if someone gets hurt in an incident then that should play a part in any ruling against them, absurd.

If you don't want to explain or elaborate what you meant for fear of looking a bit daft then thats fine but don't snap at people who question it. You are just bringing even more attention to yourself.