Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If the Stewards decision is gospel and default proof of right and wrong, I didn't see you eating any humble pie when the Stewards penalised Lewis at Silverstone. Just sayin..

Anyway.. its interesting that we seem to have a new set of unwritten rules. Getting alongside to just behind the front wheels is no longer deemed to be enough anymore....and thats fair enough but they have set a new precedent now which they really have to abide by going forward.
    don't bother with him. you can't expect sane comments from religious people.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2021 - RACE RESULT
    10 12 Sep 2021 Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html

'Deep down I never lost faith or belief' says Ricciardo after taking first win since 2018

12 September 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...cubxgoJiQ.html

Verstappen says Hamilton ‘ran me out of road’ in pair’s spectacular Italian Grand Prix coming together
    12 September 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...3ULRnFAIm.html

Verstappen handed three-place grid drop for Sochi after crash with Hamilton at Monza
    12 September 2021

Max Verstappen has been handed a three-place grid penalty for the Russian Grand Prix after the stewards judged he was to blame for causing a collision with Lewis Hamilton at Monza.
    As Hamilton exited the pits after his first stop, Verstappen was running down the main straight – having lost a lot of ground because of a slow pit stop – and they were side by side heading down to the first corner.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...086WzbvWI.html

Horner: Verstappen entitled to more room in 'racing incident'
    Today, ‎16‎:‎45
    Red Bull's Christian Horner was reluctant to blame either Lewis Hamilton or Max Verstappen for their race-ending clash, but felt that his driver was entitled to more room on track.

https://racingnews365.com/horner-ver...acing-incident

Formula 1
    Verstappen: Hamilton ‘kept on squeezing and squeezing’

By Edd Straw and Scott Mitchell

Max Verstappen says he had nowhere to go in his battle with Lewis Hamilton in the first chicane during Formula 1’s Italian Grand Prix, saying that the Mercedes driver “kept on squeezing me”.
    The resulting collision put both drivers out of the race, with the stewards summoning both drivers for a post-race investigation.
    Verstappen felt that Hamilton needed to leave him space mid-chicane as they battled after the Mercedes driver emerged from the pits.
    He argued that he was left with no option but to hit the sausage kerb, which resulted in his Red Bull then hitting the Mercedes and both drivers retiring.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/hamil...ng-verstappen/

12 Sep 2021
    Hamilton 'squeezed me to left' says Verstappen after Monza collision

After an eventful Italian Grand Prix, Red Bull's Max Verstappen looks back on a day when nearly everything went "wrong", including his spectacular crash with championship rival Lewis Hamilton.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...264659516.html

Max: Hamilton ‘ran me out of road’ in Monza crash
    Date published: September 12 2021 - Jamie Woodhouse

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-ve...rash-thoughts/

Verstappen: Hamilton left me with 'nowhere to go'
    Today, ‎16‎:‎20
    0 comments
    The Red Bull driver feels that Lewis Hamilton "kept on squeezing" him, which led to their incident at the Italian Grand Prix.

https://racingnews365.com/verstappen...-nowhere-to-go

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    a 3 place drop seems harsh considered they gave lewis only a meaningless 5 seconds for sending max into the wall.

but hey, at least the season will stay exciting this way.
    They gave Lewis 10 seconds in Silverstone iirc.

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    They gave Lewis 10 seconds in Silverstone iirc.
    excuse me then, you are right.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    a 3 place drop seems harsh considered they gave lewis only a meaningless 5 seconds for sending max into the wall.

RBR probably use the next race to take their engine penalty anyway.

In the end, Hamilton and Mercedes have to feel like this is one that got away from them. They obviously were the fastest car, but screwed up sprint qualifying and had they not screwed up Lewis pit stop they would have been well ahead of Max and probably win the race.

The racing gods are playing games.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

So Masi basically said that had Max been able to continue, they would have given him a time penalty, but instead they have to give him a grid place penalty

As both drivers retired from today’s race, Verstappen had to be given a penalty for a subsequent round, as Formula 1 race director Michael Masi explained.

“If they had continued, it would have been a time penalty in the race,” said Masi. “However, they didn’t.
    How in the world can the stewards see a 10 second penalty being the equivalent to a 3 place grid drop?

FIA has some of the stupidest rules and logic.

Red flag - free tire changes and replace any parts you need to. From what I can tell, the Red Flag rules historically were only used for extreme weather, or really bad crashes where they might need to change tires for safety - now they give out red flags like M & M's.

That is why Gasly won last year - he hadn't pitted and got lucky with a red flag and got a free tire change - not due to his driving prowess. Otherwise he would have been just tooling around in the mid-field.

Rain - lets call driving around the track a couple times behind a car with flashing light a "RACE".

Penalties - a bunch of illogical mumbo jumbo sprinkled in with first lap "unwritten rules".

So lets look at the 3 latest crashes. Hamilton, Bottas and Verstappen were found guilty.

Hamilton was found guilty of ruining a race and is given a 10 second penalty that meant nothing as it still allowed him to win the race.

Bottas found guilty of taking out 3, including at least one power plant which will meant 20 place penalty. Get a 5 place grid penalty.

Verstappen takes out Hamilton who probably would have won the race, 3 place grid penalty.

If you are going to find these guys "guilty" then you have to impose penalty that fits the crime, or all the whining needs to shut up. Because all the FIA is enabling.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 12th September 2021 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    So Masi basically said that had Max been able to continue, they would have given him a time penalty, but instead they have to give him a grid place penalty

How in the world can the stewards see a 10 second penalty being the equivalent to a 3 place grid drop?

FIA has some of the stupidest rules and logic.

Red flag - free tire changes and replace any parts you need to. From what I can tell, the Red Flag rules historically were only used for extreme weather, or really bad crashes where they might need to change tires for safety - now they give out red flags like M & M's.

That is why Gasly won last year - he hadn't pitted and got lucky with a red flag and got a free tire change - not due to his driving prowess. Otherwise he would have been just tooling around in the mid-field.

Rain - lets call driving around the track a couple times behind a car with flashing light a "RACE".

Penalties - a bunch of illogical mumbo jumbo sprinkled in with first lap "unwritten rules".

So lets look at the 3 latest crashes. Hamilton, Bottas and Verstappen were found guilty.

Hamilton was found guilty of ruining a race and is given a 10 second penalty that meant nothing as it still allowed him to win the race.

Bottas found guilty of taking out 3, including at least one power plant which will meant 20 place penalty. Get a 5 place grid penalty.

Verstappen takes out Hamilton who probably would have won the race, 3 place grid penalty.

If you are going to find these guys "guilty" then you have to impose penalty that fits the crime, or all the whining needs to shut up. Because all the FIA is enabling.
    It was agreed with the teams before the season began that should a situation like today arise where a drive deemed at fault for a crash not be able to continue that a grid penalty would be applied at the next race. Much like the budget cap you can't simply go changing the rules afterwards because you find yourself in a situation that doesn't suit you.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    It was agreed with the teams before the season began that should a situation like today arise where a drive deemed at fault for a crash not be able to continue that a grid penalty would be applied at the next race. Much like the budget cap you can't simply go changing the rules afterwards because you find yourself in a situation that doesn't suit you.
    furthermore a 10 sec penalty in race, is far worse than a 3 place grid slot. TBH
    At worst, verstappen will start in p5/6 as opposed to dropping back much further with an in-race 10second penalty.
    A big difference.
    If I am being honest, a fair penalty would be to start the next race and get a 10 second penalty at his first pit stop
    Last edited by truefan72; 12th September 2021 at 20:37.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    furthermore a 10 sec penalty in race, is far worse than a 3 place grid slot. TBH
    At worst, verstappen will start in p5/6 probably as opposed to dropping back much further with an in-race 10second penalty.
    A big difference.
    If I am being honest, a fair penalty would be to start the next race and get a 10 second penalty at his first pit stop
    I think the penalty should have been a little harsher simply because Max has form for this kind of thing and doesn't seem to be learning but it's good something has been done.

Lewis is lucky to be alive today. Halo saved his life thankfully. I think it was pretty classless of Max the way he just walked past Lewis. I mean, his car just went over the guys head, your first action after something like that should be to see if he is okay, F1 is secondary to someone being alive. It's not like Silverstone where Lewis was told Max was okay and didn't know he was in hospital.

10. Likes: truefan72 (12th September 2021)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I think the penalty should have been a little harsher simply because Max has form for this kind of thing and doesn't seem to be learning but it's good something has been done.

Lewis is lucky to be alive today. Halo saved his life thankfully. I think it was pretty classless of Max the way he just walked past Lewis. I mean, his car just went over the guys head, your first action after something like that should be to see if he is okay, F1 is secondary to someone being alive. It's not like Silverstone where Lewis was told Max was okay and didn't know he was in hospital.
    That really bothered me.
    A complete lack of empathy whatsoever.
    He caused the collision, his car was on top of the other, he actually revved the engine as you can clearly see the back wheels spinning up, then got out and walked away without a single bit of attention or concern towards Hamilton. classless guy.
    you can't argue with results.