Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Do I? I'm curious as to what you think that might be then seeing as I don't even know what it is myself.

I just found your opinion that if someone gets hurt in an incident then that should play a part in any ruling against them, absurd.

If you don't want to explain or elaborate what you meant for fear of looking a bit daft then thats fine but don't snap at people who question it. You are just bringing even more attention to yourself.
    I don't think there much use in trying to start a discussion with someone who's opinion on facts solely depends on which drivers are involved.

They call such people fanboys and their perception of reality changes when their god is involved.

2. Likes: airshifter (25th September 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I don't think there much use in trying to start a discussion with someone who's opinion on facts solely depends on which drivers are involved.

They call such people fanboys and their perception of reality changes when their god is involved.
    Yeah yeah !!!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I suppose, you need someone to die first before you acknowledge that it was dangerous. Knowing you, you would say the opposite if it was the Redcbull of Verstappen under the Mercedes of Hamilton. In this scenario, you can also imagine Horner spewing his heart out at how dangerous Hamilton was and why he should be banned from racing altogether for causing a crash and dumping his race car on Verstappen's head. Since the whiner lacks any sense of morality or a modicum of a sense of fairness, we have him asking for Hamilton to be penalized for being a victim in the crash.
    Horner is an embarrassment to F1
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Horner is an embarrassment to F1
    That is a little drama queenish. Drive to Survive loves him!

Like it or not - F1 Show. They need/want personalities. Because whether you like it or not - that is where the money is. They want social media presence, drama, personalities, Instagram, driver's girlfriends on youtube, etc. They are eating up the Toto vs. Horner.

Engineering is boring.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think what need to be put into perspective here is that Verstappens crash into Hamilton in Monza was actually a lot more dangerous than the incident between the two in Silverstone. Verstappen went in sideways into the barrier, this is the best possible angle one can crash at. Even 20 years ago Verstappen would have come out of that crash with little more than a scratch and I remember Michael Schumacher having a very similar incident in Copse at around the same speed in one of the free practice sessions many years ago and he went onto race the next day.

On the other hand, had the Monza crash occurred 4 seasons ago, it is almost certain it would have been fatal for Hamilton, or at the very best he would have ended up crippled for the remainder of his life.

I agree however that this is not relevant to the punishment but I think people seem to think just because it's 51G it's more critical, but that's not the case.
    I don't think the actions of either drivers or the speed that it happened at were particularly dangerous in that sense but the somewhat freak landing of Max on top of Lewis certainly was and is a handy reminder that despite my initial misgivings, the Halo is actually a pretty fantastic and effective safety device. I'm just very thankful that both walked away unscathed.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

Engineering is boring.
    Speak for yourself, I'm more into that than the circus show.

I suppose, you need someone to die first before you acknowledge that it was dangerous. Knowing you, you would say the opposite if it was the Redcbull of Verstappen under the Mercedes of Hamilton. In this scenario, you can also imagine Horner spewing his heart out at how dangerous Hamilton was and why he should be banned from racing altogether for causing a crash and dumping his race car on Verstappen's head.
    It turned it with the wheel landing on his head it was dangerous, sure... but if you are comparing recklessness and the speed between the two incidents in terms of responsibility its not even close, but despite that, as some sort of warped point scoring exercise between both of them you still feel the need to compare them.
    Not only do I find this fanatical and cultish but the fact that you feel the need to use them in that way tells me that you know deep down that the danger aspect of what Lewis did at Silverstone registered deeply within you... that you feel the need to try to diminish it by make a bigger deal about Monza.

Since the whiner lacks any sense of morality or a modicum of a sense of fairness, we have him asking for Hamilton to be penalized for being a victim in the crash.
    Did he state that as being his reason?... or are you just whining your usual warped nonsensical pish?
    Could it just be that Horner (rightly or wrongly) feels aggrieved, in that his driver got penalised and Lewis did not, when he feels that Lewis was just as much to blame?
    Last edited by Zico; 25th September 2021 at 21:29.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    I hear you.

But still, nobody cares about eigenvalues or eigenvectors. They are dear to my heart as a structural dynamics engineer, but they make the average person's eyes glaze over when I talk to people about them.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I suppose, you need someone to die first before you acknowledge that it was dangerous. Knowing you, you would say the opposite if it was the Redcbull of Verstappen under the Mercedes of Hamilton. In this scenario, you can also imagine Horner spewing his heart out at how dangerous Hamilton was and why he should be banned from racing altogether for causing a crash and dumping his race car on Verstappen's head. Since the whiner lacks any sense of morality or a modicum of a sense of fairness, we have him asking for Hamilton to be penalized for being a victim in the crash.
    You made a loaded statement, you mean more than you let on.
    Have you really become so paranoid that you assume anyone who doesn't share your view has an hidden agenda against your favorite drivers, or have you become so arrogant that you think playing online psychologist suits you well? You seem to make a lot of arguments based on assumptions that you know a poster better than they know themselves, and it comes across as quite childish at best.

If something as simply as a clear yes or no question gets you all paranoid and pompous towards others, you really should rethink your views on posting in a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    That is a little drama queenish. Drive to Survive loves him!

Like it or not - F1 Show. They need/want personalities. Because whether you like it or not - that is where the money is. They want social media presence, drama, personalities, Instagram, driver's girlfriends on youtube, etc. They are eating up the Toto vs. Horner.

Engineering is boring.
    I could live without all the drama myself. But it has become more and more part of the show. Why? Because some believe all this game playing and crap talking really matters, when really it's been going on for years but not covered as much.

And though I'm not into the minutia to the extent that F1nKS is, I do enjoy the tech side of F1 as much as the racing. The fact that the series exists has led to a lot of automotive innovation in a number of areas. As a test bed the series is just amazing, with a lot of innovation banned not long after introduction. But the fact that it's now out and exists always leaves it there as potential for street cars and/or other series.