Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Surprising how close Hamilton got to pole.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Pole was there for him with yesterday's setback I reckon.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX 2021 - PRACTICE 3
    03 05 Sep 2021 Circuit Zandvoort, Zandvoort

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-3.html

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX 2021 - QUALIFYING
    03 05 Sep 2021 Circuit Zandvoort, Zandvoort

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ualifying.html

Verstappen delights home fans after edging out Hamilton to take thrilling Dutch GP pole
    04 September 2021

Sixty-five thousand fans were on their feet and euphoric as they watched their home hero Max Verstappen fend off title rival Lewis Hamilton to snatch pole position for the returning Dutch Grand Prix.

Verstappen looked in control throughout qualifying and cruised through the opening two segments with what appeared to be plenty left in the tank. And he unleashed that pace when it mattered to take provisional pole – and improved again on his second run leading to an eruption in the grandstands.

Hamilton improved on his final lap – finding two tenths on Verstappen in the final sector – but it wasn’t quite enough as he leapfrogged Mercedes team mate Valtteri Bottas, 0.038s adrift from Dutchman Verstappen who took his sixth pole position in seven Grands Prix.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...4u27l6Eff.html

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Anyone else notice max didn't use DRS in his pole lap. Coulthard flagged it on ch4

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Anyone else notice max didn't use DRS in his pole lap. Coulthard flagged it on ch4

It was broken for him. So when you consider him beating Lewis without DRS, his drive this weekend was even more impressive.

It will be interesting to see if Hamilton does another win or bust drive like at the British GP? If Max is ahead on the first lap, I think he will blow Mercedes away where even strategy won't help them.

Perez with his less than inspired qualifying, decided to just go ahead and take a new power unit, so he will be starting at the back of the grid.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Perez with his less than inspired qualifying, decided to just go ahead and take a new power unit, so he will be starting at the back of the grid.
    I just saw that. Good thinking by RB, and probably no better time to take it. It seems surprising what even the top teams take so much risk on being last on track when things get tight like that, but they still do it.

As for tomorrow, I expect it to be a Monaco. Plenty to lose with mistakes, otherwise mostly a procession and a game of strategy. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see much on track action taking place.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

It was only the DRS zone on the start finish straight. He lost about a tenth. Real gap should have been approximately 0.138. I think if Hamilton had perfected his lines through turns 1, 2 and 3 he would have got pole even had Verstappen's wing opened up. Pole position was there for both cars.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    It was broken for him. So when you consider him beating Lewis without DRS, his drive this weekend was even more impressive.

It will be interesting to see if Hamilton does another win or bust drive like at the British GP? If Max is ahead on the first lap, I think he will blow Mercedes away where even strategy won't help them.
    Very impressive.
    Looking forward to it

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    This race is about turn one and strategies thereafter. All eyes are on turn one between Hamilton and Verstappen. The Redbull usually gets off the line better than the Mercedes, but the Mercedes has the grunt to catch up to the Redbull before they reach turn one. From there on, it could be Silverstone all over again. If that happens, Hamilton would need a swift exit from the Netherlands after the race.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I suspect Gasly has been told split Mercedes on the start or bust.