Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Shows you how much of a wet wipe bottas is. Knowing his team is getting rid of you, going purple on the first 2 sectors and then backing out of the third sector to let Lewis get it.
    An absolute sad sack of a guy.
    Enjoy showing off your 3rd place trophies you absolute doormat.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX 2021 - RACE RESULT
    03 05 Sep 2021 Circuit Zandvoort, Zandvoort

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html

Verstappen sends home fans wild with victory over Hamilton in the Dutch Grand Prix
    05 September 2021

Max Verstappen has moved back to the head of the drivers’ standings, after winning the Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort over title rival Lewis Hamilton, sending his home fans into ecstasy, as the second Mercedes of Valtteri Bottas completed the podium.

In the first Dutch Grand Prix since 1985, Verstappen led away from pole, keeping Hamilton at bay throughout the 72-lap encounter around the sweeping Zandvoort track, to bring home his seventh win of the season, as Hamilton had to settle for second, the seven-time champion stopping with two laps to go for softs.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...z2H6dVQrd.html

DRIVER OF THE DAY: Perez's pit-lane-to-P8 charge at Zandvoort gets your vote
    05 September 2021

Even in a Red Bull, scoring points after starting from the pit lane is a tough ask, especially when passing is as hard as it is at Zandvoort. But Sergio Perez delivered – and you duly recognised his fighting drive to eighth place in the Dutch Grand Prix. Here’s how the voting broke down…

Sergio Perez - 27.7%
    Max Verstappen - 19.4%
    Lewis Hamilton - 8.5%
    Pierre Gasly - 8%
    Robert Kubica - 7.8%

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...qvLjmcgDH.html

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    What a cool race.
    George can qualify but can't do much after that.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    What a cool race.
    They have made the track wider which really made the racing better than anticipated. I think it has properly earned its place on the calendar.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: N. Jones (5th September 2021)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I was nicely surprised by that race. It is actually a very cool track. You know when you can see the elevation changes on TV that it is mighty and it really looks absolutely amazing to drive.

I think the only chance Mercedes had of winning this race was had Lewis passed Max into turn 1 or when Lewis was 0.8 seconds behind Max at one point they should have pitted Lewis for a fresh set of hard tires then. Other than that the day was always going to belong to Max and he deserves it.

As for Bottas. 30 seconds behind Lewis, almost half a second a lap slower is well and truly shocking. Toto made the right choice signing George.

7. Likes: airshifter (5th September 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Shows you how much of a wet wipe bottas is. Knowing his team is getting rid of you, going purple on the first 2 sectors and then backing out of the third sector to let Lewis get it.
    An absolute sad sack of a guy.
    Enjoy showing off your 3rd place trophies you absolute doormat.

I don't condemn him for that. You have to put the team needs before yourself. I would expect Perez do the same things if he is ever up in the top 3.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I don't condemn him for that. You have to put the team needs before yourself. I would expect Perez do the same things if he is ever up in the top 3.
    Plus he's in the middle of contract negotiations with Alpha, most likely to be the teams leading driver, so he really had to show he is a team player and show he can be counted when called on.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    After all the incidents in practice and qualifying, I was quite surprised not to see a safety car in the race, which turned out to be better than expected. Both Verstappen and Hamilton drove really well, as did Gasly.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    What a cool race.
    Mr Saturday

12. Likes: F1nKS (6th September 2021),N. Jones (5th September 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    After all the incidents in practice and qualifying, I was quite surprised not to see a safety car in the race, which turned out to be better than expected. Both Verstappen and Hamilton drove really well, as did Gasly.
    It really was a flawless drive by those 3. Alonso had a nice drive also.

My friend who is a big Hamilton/Mercedes fan was begging for safety car. We were laying bets if there would be a safety car by the end of the race - we both thought there would be.

There was almost 2 for sure - the one where vettel did a Mazespin and almost took out Bottas. Not sure how Vettel kept it out of the wall there. The 2nd was when Perez was passing Norris and there was contact. Either one easily could have been a big wreck.