Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 488 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Solberg in i20 Rally1 at Monte-Carlo.

He said on SVT.
    There should be only 3 i20 N Rally1 cars. It´s very weird if Sordo is not driving for Manuf. points, because the experience is everything in Monte.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Imagine if Tanak is indeed out...🤔

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    i think we can end that cause today one of Ott's sponsors Betsafe thanked Ott for this year and said "Next season Betsafe and Ott will continue to rally together"

i guess you at least let your sponsors know that you wouldnt drive anymore (of course it can also mean a regular sponsorship with Tänak not driving but i doubt its what they meant)
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    There should be only 3 i20 N Rally1 cars. It´s very weird if Sordo is not driving for Manuf. points, because the experience is everything in Monte.
    Yep.

Sure it makes sense for Solberg to drive Rally1 in Monte....as 4th car, not on points.
    Either they dig out 4th car, or Adamo is going for his "unlimited faith in Solberg" again.

I am all for congratulating Solberg on a good Monza rally. But he was 1:10 behind Sordo....on a rally where they had similar experience level and with easy tire choices.

Liked 400 Times in 210 Posts
    Sordo isn't a big fan of the Monte is he? Maybe he doesn't want to do it?

6. Likes: EstWRC (23rd November 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yep.

Sure it makes sense for Solberg to drive Rally1 in Monte....as 4th car, not on points.
    Either they dig out 4th car, or Adamo is going for his "unlimited faith in Solberg" again.

I am all for congratulating Solberg on a good Monza rally. But he was 1:10 behind Sordo....on a rally where they had similar experience level and with easy tire choices.
    You're comparing 20 year old lad to a 38 year old lad who's been almost 20 years at the top level and have the nerve to call experience level as "similar" *

Just to remember that this was Oliver's 5th start in a WRC car while Dani had his 177th WRC start (counting all categories)

Oliver did exceptionally well and was one of the bright spots of the rally

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

8. Likes: EstWRC (23rd November 2021),WRC1 (23rd November 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    You're comparing 20 year old lad to a 38 year old lad who's been almost 20 years at the top level and have the nerve to call experience level as "similar" *

Just to remember that this was Oliver's 5th start in a WRC car while Dani had his 177th WRC start (counting all categories)

Oliver did exceptionally well and was one of the bright spots of the rally
    Experience level on Monza stages was much closer than it is on Monte. They both did it last year, Sordo in WRC, Solberg in Rally2, Sordo also did the "circuit version" before. In Monte Solberg did it twice with Rally2/R5, Sordo did it so many times I won't bother counting, in all kinds of cars.

Yes Solberg did very well but was still worse than Sordo (hard to expect anything else) even with much closer experience levels than it will be on Monte. So what logic dictates he will do better than Sordo on Monte?

Adamo (supposedly?) does all to win. Running a driver much more likely to do a worse result does not fit that.

Again this "pushing Solberg up" does seem to hurt Solberg the most. When he does a rally with no pressure where he can only surprise he does well (Arctic, Monza also Spain). When he is "expected to perform" it goes bad (basically every single Rally2 start this year). Pushing him on a nominated position on Monte just adds unnecessary pressure imo.

Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    Sordo isn't a big fan of the Monte is he? Maybe he doesn't want to do it?
    Bigger question is does Tänak want to do Monte with Hyundai Rally1 car or not?

Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abcrally View Post
    Bigger question is does Tänak want to do Monte with Hyundai Rally1 car or not?
    wtf

no, he wants to do Monte with rollerskates.

Liked 139 Times in 82 Posts
    There is a possibility that Hyundai wants to run 4 cars at Monte for development reasons...

13. Likes: cali (23rd November 2021)