Page 41 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    Finally, when we look at the ranking tonight, there are 17 world championships ahead and the rest behind. Nothing illogical!
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

2. Likes: dimviii (21st January 2022)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Quite a few shockers this evening, and Loeb being 2nd isn't even one of them.

- Fastest Hyundai 6th ( not that much of a shocker)
    - Breen slowest Puma
    - Rovanpera slowest WRC, behind R5s (definitely biggest (bad) surprise)
    I think Breen was being a little cautious tonight, not entirely a surprise all things considered.
    Rovanpera’s comment about not being able to cope with understeer is a bit of a worry.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Rovanpera’s comment about not being able to cope with understeer is a bit of a worry.
    Yes he sounded quite hopeless.
    He drove the Fabia R5 a lot though and that one supposedly has understeering nature. Hopefully he can adapt.

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    A bit of showmanship cost young Solberg there?!
    What did he do?

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    What did he do?
    Half-spin at the peak of Turini.

7. Likes: Sulland (21st January 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Last night I was speechless.

The two retired Sebs, awesome, especially for Loeb to just come from Dakar and a year off WRC. And we were ready to write him off after the Hyundai years.

The Fords were amazing, I'm so happy to see them back at the pace. And nice to see Greensmith so high on the stage times although he had different tyres. In fact Breen was slightly disappointing by being the slowest one. Fourmaux doing more or less what I expected.

As for Toyota, it seems the car is fast but doesn't fit Kalle's driving style. As he said at the end of SS2 it understeers and it's difficult for him. Hopefully he can learn to change his style quickly (as he has done before) or they can do something about the setup (now with no centre diff it's difficult to make changes). Also interesting that they've agreed to do the whole year with that diff setup that's so hard for him, the must have noticed this time loss on the tests? But apparently it fits Elfyn (and Seb) better. Based on what happened with Citroen in 2019, this setup will not fit Esapekka.

Hyundais...they were the slowest but then again all cars had issues. Hopefully they can get the package together, shakedown pace was promising but like I said, it was a very slow stage so it didn't tell anything about corners with higher speed, long straights, big accelerations and brakings.

And finally, none of the cars retired! And Rally2 cars didn't win stages!

PS: I won a beer from Miika Wuorela because back in May (when Compact Dynamics pulled back their hybrid units from tests) he wanted to bet big money on Rally1 hybrid cars not happening in 2022. I agreed but I said I never gamble on bigger bets than "a beer" so that's what we agreed on.

9. Likes: cali (21st January 2022),Jewy46 (21st January 2022),Rallyper (21st January 2022),seb_sh (21st January 2022),sindroms (21st January 2022),Sulland (21st January 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Miika now been proven wrong on many cases he predicted

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

11. Likes: dimviii (21st January 2022)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Don’t get your hopes high with Hyundai Antti

Tänak saying to Estonian media that the car just isn’t ready yet and they knew that coming to Monte and he is happy that he survived yesterday. Also says that there’s lack of parts and they can’t set the car like they want to for such a dry monte. Hoped they can fix the bigger problems overnight and keep the car going to get the data

Gonna be another tough year for Estonians i guess
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: AnttiL (21st January 2022),cali (21st January 2022),MentalParadox (21st January 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yeah, just saying that we don't yet know the performance of the car since they all had some issues.

They could also have the same lack of spare parts as Suninen mentioned about the Rally2 car, the pandemic makes everything slower. For example, getting spare derailleurs for normal bikes has been difficult, everything is sold out and warehouse stocks empty. I can only imagine how it is for something more specialized.

Liked 2,117 Times in 916 Posts
    The lack of parts etc sound a bit bs.. One of the biggest car manus in the world and can't set up/build 3-5 race cars + spare parts?

It's not like they have to build tens of them every week.

Tänak: ,,We cannot be completely disappointed with the first day. We made it through both stages.''

That can't be what he or any champion racedriver really thinks..
    It's a disaster tbh.

Impressive how they keep themselves motivated. Let's only hope they can(all Hyundais) recover and get their stuff together in the team.