Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    They waited three hours for this charade?

And Masi doesn't even have the balls to call the race - as if anybody believed this was going to be restarted.
    That I agree with. Masi has not been good at all.
    They should have called it early and rescheduled for tomorrow.
    (although tomorrow is an 82% chance of rain)

Well they called it now!
    oh well.

At least it is only half points.
    But Russell gets a podium and 9 solid points.
    they all did the job on Saturday, so at the end of the day.
    it is a fair result. A big shame, but it is what it is.
    Nobody died, or got injured. and that is the bigger takeaway for me.
    I can go ahead with my day now.

Cheers
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: Sulland (29th August 2021)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    They should have postponed todays race until tomorrow ot tuesday.
    Zandtwort is just down the road, so no big deal.

But to run it today would be stupid, drivers are not in it to take riska like these.
    40 years ago maybe, but humanity have gotten smarter since then.

4. Likes: truefan72 (30th August 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Max Verstappen 'Wins' 2021 Belgian Grand Prix, The Shortest Race In F1 History
    After hours of waiting, race stewards finally called the race due to weather.

By Elizabeth Blackstock

After completing just under nine miles of racing, none of which were under the green flag, Max Verstappen was crowned ‘winner’ of the 2021 Belgian Grand Prix — the shortest race in all of Formula One history.

With a saturated race track, the Belgian Grand Prix chaos started well before the formation lap. Lewis Hamilton reported there was no grip during his warm-up lap, and Red Bull Racing’s Sergio Perez hit the wall hard. There was no recovering the damage, and he would not start the race.

The start was delayed, and it was set to start behind a safety car. It was too wet to continue, though, so the start was postponed. As a result, Red Bull was able to fix Perez’s car and petitioned to rejoin the new start of the race. The FIA said no, since the race had started, but Red Bull argued that the race hadn’t actually started, so they should be able to compete.

Race director Michael Masi later ruled that the race had technically started at 3:00 PM local time, so the clock had been ticking down before cars even took a full lap. Only one hour and 45 minutes remained on the clock at the time of Masi’s ruling, as F1 maintains that races must take place within a three-hour time slot.. The FIA also ruled that Perez could start from pit lane, should he get repaired.

https://jalopnik.com/max-verstappen-...rte-1847580213

Verstappen wins farcical two-lap Belgian GP for half points
    by Fergal Walsh

Max Verstappen has been classified as the winner of Formula 1’s 2021 Belgian Grand Prix, which was delayed, before only two laps were run behind the safety car.
    Half points were awarded, as less than 75% of the race was completed.
    With no green flag action taking place, George Russell was classified in second place, taking Williams’ first podium finish since the 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/...ed-belgian-gp/

Vote for your 2021 Belgian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend
    2021 Belgian Grand Prix
    Posted on
    29th August 2021, 17:54 | Written by Keith Collantine

Which Formula 1 driver made the most of the Belgian Grand Prix weekend?
    It’s time to give your verdict on which driver did the best with the equipment at their disposal over the last three days.
    Review how each driver got on below and vote for who impressed you the most at Spa-Francorchamps.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/08/29/...f-the-weekend/

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It's really too bad we no longer have Nikki Lauda around to give his opinion on a moment like this .

They were cheap points , and there will no doubt be much debate about whether going out again in even worse conditions only to get a result was wise from a safety respect , or even fair play to begin with .

It was an ugly day at a circuit already dealing with a dark cloud in recent days .
    Having multi-millionaire Lewis saying the fans should get their money back won't help at all unless he's prepared to chip in .

And , I don't think having the race tomorrow was ever really a viable option for a myriad of reasons , not least of which will be that there will likely still be people trying to yank their cars out of the muddy parking areas for most of tomorrow .

The only real consolation for many at the race was the fact that Max won .
    If it were not for that , TBK's riot might have occurred .
    Perhaps that was the real reason for making sure to get the 2 laps required for the classification .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    What a farce?

This is the most disgraceful decision in F1 history. This is confirmation Michael Masi is a disaster in the role of racing director.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What a farce?

This is the most disgraceful decision in F1 history. This is confirmation Michael Masi is a disaster in the role of racing director.
    And then you have woke retards like Crofty that don't have the guts to call it like it is. Those Sky broadcasters boil my piss more than anything. That's one of the reasons I liked Eddie Jordan, he at least says it as he sees it even if most of us wouldn't agree with him on a lot. Were I at Spa I would be looking to get my money back or at minimum a ticket for next years event. And the FIA should cover the cost. I don't see why the circuit organisers should lose out because F1 is now filled with pussy's.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 29th August 2021 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And then you have woke retards like Crofty that don't have the guts to call it like it is. Those Sky broadcasters boil my piss more than anything. That's one of the reasons I liked Eddie Jordan, he at least says it as he sees it even if most of us wouldn't agree with him on a lot. Were I at Spa I would be looking to get my money back or at minimum a ticket for next years event. And the FIA should cover the cost. I don't see why the circuit organisers should lose out because F1 is now filled with pussy's.
    He is killing the F1 show. As for Sky, they are inconsistent at best. They sometimes forget they are sporting journalists.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Masi is really messing up here with his lack of clarity in terms of the laps remaining etc.
    It is a bit embarrassing to be honest.
    The fool has just pissed on the driver's championship at one of the most revered F1 circuits. He has no clue about his responsibilities to the fans, drivers and teams. The rule used to be that 50% of the race is completed for half-point otherwise it was rescheduled. We need a seance to ask Charlie Whiting what to do in these circumstances. This Masi fellow is a f*cking joke.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: N. Jones (29th August 2021),Zico (29th August 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    That I agree with. Masi has not been good at all.
    They should have called it early and rescheduled for tomorrow.
    (although tomorrow is an 82% chance of rain)

Well they called it now!
    oh well.

At least it is only half points.
    But Russell gets a podium and 9 solid points.
    they all did the job on Saturday, so at the end of the day.
    it is a fair result. A big shame, but it is what it is.
    Nobody died, or got injured. and that is the bigger takeaway for me.
    I can go ahead with my day now.

Cheers
    Nah, it was not a fair result. The points are for wheel to wheel racing to earn the points. These points were not earned, they were given away like merchandise. Though l am happy for Williams and Russell.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I'm fine with them not racing due to the rain but I cant believe they robbed the GP visiting fans by declaring a result with reduced points and not even racing. It should have been cancelled, rescheduled for a later date and tickets declared still valid for the new date.

Its obviously not such a huge deal sitting at home here but I'd have been absolutely livid if I'd spent all that money going there only for a complete farce and not even the promise of a partial refund effectively robbing them, what a way to treat a loyal fanbase.

Spa is by far my favourite GP in the calendar and it was on my bucket list to go one day, I'll 100% be scrubbing it off after that. Disgraceful is putting it mildly.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

14. Likes: Firstgear (29th August 2021)