Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Breen - I suspect he is holding out for a full season with Hyundai, but if that doesn’t look likely could switch to MSport. Personally I think going up up against Neuville & Tanak for a full season in the same car could be difficult for him, but credit to him for backing himself.

Loeb - the man himself has always said he is only interested in a few events, so I would be amazed if anything else is being talked about, but a few events and some testing could be good for both parties. How all that will fit in with the driver roster I have no idea. It sort of feels like they would like Breen/Fourmaux/Greensmith with Loeb and maybe Suninen in a fourth car on some events, but who knows. It’ll all become clear soon enough I’m sure.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Winning Catalunya 2018 was enough for me. I certainly don't "desperately" want to see Loeb drive again.
    Sure if he can drive a few rounds as 4th car it's ok, but if he is taking the seat from someone like Breen, Mikkelsen or Suninen it feels wrong.
    This.

3. Likes: cali (26th August 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    If Loeb have an itch to drive in WRC, he should do as the rest of those without a contract, compete in a Rally2 car.
    The competition in RC2 is in many ways harder than RC1!

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    If Loeb have an itch to drive in WRC, he should do as the rest of those without a contract, compete in a Rally2 car.
    The competition in RC2 is in many ways harder than RC1!
    If I was a 9 time WRC champion, I would not accept to drive Rally2 cars.

6. Likes: 240RS (27th August 2021),dimviii (26th August 2021),EstWRC (26th August 2021),Mirek (26th August 2021),Rallyper (26th August 2021),steve.mandzij (26th August 2021)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Suggestions of a sign Breen's not staying with Hyundai...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/breen...could-be-over/

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    I still think there is something magical about Loeb. I’d love to see him at M-Sport.

I believe he helped Hyundai but the DNA of that i20 was intrinsically wrong. This new Puma with M-Sports knack of hitting the ground running with new regs might just be the final fling at top level competition we all desperately want to see.
    Remember how nobody except loeb and later on ogier was able to drive the citroen fast?

I don't think loeb is good at developing a car. Yes, one that suits his own very specific driving, but thats not what msport needs.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Remember how nobody except loeb and later on ogier was able to drive the citroen fast?

You mean C3?
    Meeke won two rallies
    Mikkelsen got 2nd place in only start on tarmac
    Lappi got multiple podiums
    Østberg got two podiums

Problem was that nobody could drive it consistently fast over multiple rallies. Not even Ogier ( Germany 2019 among others).

If you mean DS3 or C4 the list of drivers who drove it fast is even longer.

10. Likes: 240RS (27th August 2021),AnttiL (26th August 2021),cali (27th August 2021),pantealex (27th August 2021),satnav (26th August 2021),TWRC (27th August 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Suggestions of a sign Breen's not staying with Hyundai...

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/breen...could-be-over/
    We talked about it when the news first came about Huttunen driving.

There are few (big?) holes if that was true:

- Surely Breen will drive for Hyundai in WRC in Finland? No way Adamo will let him go before that. So he would still be "Hyundai driver" until then.

- It would make sense if Hyundai doesn't want Breen to drive the new Rally2. But appart from the fact that Breen drove it in January/February, Huttunen drives Barum with the old car

So it's all kinds of weird.

If I were to bet maybe I'd say Breen asked for some/more? money after the podium in Liepaja and good WRC results. But it might be something completely different.

Liked 1,440 Times in 825 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Breen - I suspect he is holding out for a full season with Hyundai, but if that doesn’t look likely could switch to MSport. Personally I think going up up against Neuville & Tanak for a full season in the same car could be difficult for him, but credit to him for backing himself.

Loeb - the man himself has always said he is only interested in a few events, so I would be amazed if anything else is being talked about, but a few events and some testing could be good for both parties. How all that will fit in with the driver roster I have no idea. It sort of feels like they would like Breen/Fourmaux/Greensmith with Loeb and maybe Suninen in a fourth car on some events, but who knows. It’ll all become clear soon enough I’m sure.
    And going against Tanak & Neuville with a different car that as someone described, there's no guarantee that it'll be the fastest out of the block?
    It's a risk either way you look at it, the upside to staying with Hyundai is to be in a more familiar surroundings when starting at scratch with these new Rally1 cars.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    And going against Tanak & Neuville with a different car that as someone described, there's no guarantee that it'll be the fastest out of the block?
    It's a risk either way you look at it, the upside to staying with Hyundai is to be in a more familiar surroundings when starting at scratch with these new Rally1 cars.
    Either way is a gamble because nobody knows which car will perform best, and honestly it’s a toss of a coin I suspect, with the likelihood that the Toyota and Hyundai will pull away over time as before.
    If I was him, I would be tempted with the Ford because it’s likely he would be the number 1 and stand to benefit if they have got a good car. At Hyundai, he will be number 3 if the full season is offered, so good car or not, he’s unlikely to win.