Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    "When asked about Breen's possible move to MSport Adamo said "ask Malcolm" "

Sounds like typical Adamo talk to me. You can read it in any way you want. (Ask Malcolm cause it's done deal or Ask Malcolm if it's possible).

Remember that in Spain 2019 one day before it was made official he was saying that the rumors about Tanak going to Hyundai were just something the journalists made up. So don't trust him anything...
    No one will ever tell you anything before contracts are published. Adamo could have as well said

"I cannot comment on that subject"
    "I haven't heard anything about that"
    "Craig is still contracted to Hyundai this year"
    etc.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (2nd September 2021),EstWRC (2nd September 2021),pantealex (2nd September 2021),Portimao (2nd September 2021),TWRC (16th September 2021)
    I agree that Solberg is not ready for collecting manufacturer points yet. You can compare to the likes of Rovanperä at the end of 2019 or Lappi at the end of 2016, both were WRC2(Pro) champions and had won multiple events. Even Suninen seemed more "ready" at the end of 2017 after good WRC2 results and two good WRC starts, and we can see how he wasn't on that level yet in 2018.

4. Likes: pantealex (2nd September 2021)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...finland-adamo/
    Adamo

“I think that after Finland we [will] decide what to do [with the other car] because also in this I have many thoughts and many doubts.”

Quizzed if Hyundai would retain its policy of sharing driving duties of the third car or handing the seat to a driver on a full-time basis, Adamo said the “complicated” nature of the hybrid Rally1 car might sway the team towards the latter.

“I’m not sure [of] the real move to do because from what I understood, it’s why I’m taking a bit more time, next year’s car will be a different beast from the current ones honestly,” he explained.

“And I have to say, quite more complicated to use with strategies with the way to manage the hybrid and so and so, so I don’t know if sometimes the [lower] road position in the first leg will be an advantage so big in respect to the knowledge of the car.
    I like speculation so this is fun.

- Is Breen really out since Adamo opens for maybe full time 3rd driver and wants to decide after Finland? (maybe Breen has an MSport offer but didn't sign yet). I don't see any other clear candidate for full time 3rd seat (based on results on different rallies Mikkelsen would be, but that's not going to happen if Adamo stays (Adamo doesn't "trust" him))

- Again since it's "after Finland" maybe it's also a question of picking "fast rally driver" to complement Sordo between Solberg and Suninen, or even Østberg (prbly long shot) or Huttunen (but he is consistently ignored by Adamo).

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Ofcourse everything Adamo says in the media needs to be taken with a huge pinch of salt, but that's the 2nd or 3rd time now he has suggested he is leaning towards a permanent 3rd driver.

Would he really take such a huge gamble on Solberg ?!?! Clearly Breen is the best option for a full season, but I think he has already agreed with Msport. Sordo wont do/get a full season, Mikkelsen has already been released by Adamo...

Not many options. I have a feeling he's going to chuck Solberg into the deep end, but a full season would be one of the biggest gambles a team boss has taken I can remember. At least half a season shared with Sordo would make a bit more sense while still being a gamble.

If he is even thinking about full season for Solberg in 3rd point scoring car he is downright insane.

Surely he has seen how Toyota lost 2020 manu due to Rovanpera not being able to reliably perform (hard to expect more in first full season). At that point Rovanpera had tons more experience and results (some 2 years more).

Thing is he is often so vocal about his "principles" then does completely opposite on next opportunity. As long as it brings results (2019) I can see Hyundai leadership accepting this, but this year it totally doesn't.

Suninen tells about the Hyundai drive in Catalunya:

"It was a bit of a surprise for me as well. Last week I wouldn't have believed it. Hyundai contacted us and we soon realized it's a chance that we should grab. The Catalunya entries closed soon after the contact so we had to make a quick decision"
    "They have the WRC team in the background and now there's a path to walk on and move towards target, which is the return to WRC car"
    "So far we have only this one rally agreed. Of course we negotiate on the future. Of course if there's good results, my own future can be quite different. It's great that Hyundai contacted us"

When asked about whether Suninen had to pay money to Hyundai, Suninen replies "they are business things, no more to say about them"

https://www.rallit.fi/teemu-suninen-...pitkin-kulkea/

9. Likes: Allez Andruet (16th September 2021)
    IMO that means they first decided to move Solberg to WRC car and then started looking for people to drive Rally2.

11. Likes: AnttiL (16th September 2021),er88 (16th September 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Imo the most important thing for Oliver next year is stability and predictability on class in 2022.

Either Rally1 or rally2, but not swapping, and not learn any car well enough.

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (16th September 2021)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    IMO that means they first decided to move Solberg to WRC car and then started looking for people to drive Rally2.
    Looking for people who could pay a little too!

Will keep Redgray ticking over......
    Last edited by er88; 16th September 2021 at 18:33.

15. Likes: ZequeArgentina (17th September 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Imo the most important thing for Oliver next year is stability and predictability on class in 2022.

Either Rally1 or rally2, but not swapping, and not learn any car well enough.
    I wrote exactly this in January...
    Stability so that he can focus on driving (stability) development.

17. Likes: Sulland (16th September 2021)