Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Driver-type wise Suninen would fit to pair up with Sordo.

In a way it would be quite ridiculous if Suninen leaves MSport after being dissatisfied with the car and team effort and takes Breens spot in Hyundai who goes to MSport cause he doesn't get enough chances at Hyundai.

Anyway that's for next year. Short term the question is how satisfied (and fast) Suninen will be with the Hyundai Rally2 car.
    Yep... a Sordo-Suninen duo is interesting in terms of profile but the issue is that, even without talking about Solberg, other available drivers have the profile to share a car with Sordo, especially Mikkelsen.
    And Suninen has never proven to be consistent in a WRC car (except maybe end-2020) and the adaptation to the Hyundai car seems not that simple so it’s a bet for both side.

But clearly a good drive in Spain would be a good thing for him if Hyundai’s bosses are not totally blind about Solberg.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Mikkelsen won't go to Hyundai as long as Adamo is there, cause Adamo doesn't trust him. (his own words after Mikkelsen was fastest Hyundai and got 3rd place in Turkey 2019).

Mikkelsen won't go to Hyundai as long as Adamo is there, cause Adamo doesn't trust him. (his own words after Mikkelsen was fastest Hyundai and got 3rd place in Turkey 2019).
    I’m not sure Adamo still has the momentum with Hyundai HQ with such an awful season after a 2020 season which was already not good enough (when you hire the incumbent world driver champion, it is not to clinch a miraculous manufacturer title). Being out, even from a strictly mathematical point of view, of the WDC 2 events before the end of the season and being out of the manufacturer title one round before the end (we can assume Toyota will clinch it in Spain) is clearly a massive humiliation for Hyundai with a Neuville-Tanak duo + the shared third car strategy.
    All the more than the Hyundai drivers were not that bad this season.

I would be at least surprised he is still the only decider for the main decisions (not to say he might be fired by the end of the year) and, if he is still here, I think he will have a lot of pressure for 2022 so he might have to choose the best driver available and not the driver he wants.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 3rd October 2021 at 21:51.

4. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (3rd October 2021)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

6. Likes: Eli (4th October 2021),er88 (4th October 2021),EstWRC (4th October 2021),Fast Eddie WRC (4th October 2021),MarkT (4th October 2021),Portimao (4th October 2021),Rally Hokkaido (5th October 2021),seb_sh (4th October 2021)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Unless it's some confusion then the real news is the last sentence.
    But I am not quite sure tbh, cause it would be quite weird to sign anyone bar Breen (and hypothetical Evans or Rovanpera) for two year deal.

Unless it's some confusion then the real news is the last sentence.
    But I am not quite sure tbh, cause it would be quite weird to sign anyone bar Breen (and hypothetical Evans or Rovanpera) for two year deal.
    I would think the sentence is not well written («*he will be hired as 1 of the 3 drivers and his contract is for 2 seasons*») more than saying «*3 drivers will be hired for the next 2 seasons*»
    Yes, the market is not really open with Tanak and Neuville with Multi-year contract and probably the same for Evans and Rovanpera in Toyota but, as you say, no real interest in signing all drivers in multi-year deals (maybe Fourmaux if they really believe in his potential but it is not that simple if he partially pays to drive)

9. Likes: er88 (4th October 2021),mknight (4th October 2021),Rally Hokkaido (5th October 2021)
    Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    With all the changes in the 2022 hybrid cars it may be seen that it will be too difficult to get good results with just part-time drives.

Most people accept Fourmaux will be full-time due to his Red Bull and FFSA support, so now it depends if Greensmith has the money to go again.

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    M-sport said that they run 4-5 cars next year, i assume Greensmith is in the 4th car.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    M-sport said that they run 4-5 cars next year, i assume Greensmith is in the 4th car.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Where have they said that? I only saw they hope to have 3 works cars and that there is customer interest but nothing concrete.

13. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2021),cali (4th October 2021),pantealex (7th October 2021)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Fourmaux and Breen are pretty much confirmed as 2 full season drivers. Greensmith will be there (still tba if he is full season or not). But, anyway, that is the trio for RMC. If a 4th Puma can be added, remains to be seen.