Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    id like to know too
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So it seems, but taking a second look, there are many ways of polishing the juwel of Norweigan driver. He has some areas to improve. One is maybe making more exact pace notes.

He will for sure be a winner. Every driver needs to crash out to learn.
    Were any of the French WRC drivers for the last thirty years crash-prone? In the English speaking world Colin McRae may have set a bad example.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    Also strange that M-sport are not investing heavily in their Rally 2 car, should be their most selling car in their range looking at national/ ERC series but this is not the case, and can`t blame customers for not buying as it seems to be behind the competitors especially on gravel.
    Agree, but I think it's a bit about timing as well.

When the Rally2 upgrade was introduced in mid 2019 they just spend a lot of money on Ogier and his 2018 title, without getting more from Ford. So maybe little funds and people for Rally2 development.
    Then early on from 2020 COVID likely destroyed all finances and development as well as sales. Come to 2021 and Puma has priority.

Anyway indirectly you can say that MSports decline is caused by Skodas (and VWs) success, cause they took the biggest market (R5/Rally2), without "using" that money for WRC (even though Skoda was interested pre-2019). The main positive thing about that might be that they used it to develop quite a few new talents (Lappi, Rovanpera and partly O. Solberg).

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    Were any of the French WRC drivers for the last thirty years crash-prone? In the English speaking world Colin McRae may have set a bad example.
    Duval if you count him as "French", Delecour (with Lancer WRC, might have been the car).

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Anyway indirectly you can say that MSports decline is caused by Skodas (and VWs) success, cause they took the biggest market (R5/Rally2), without "using" that money for WRC (even though Skoda was interested pre-2019). The main positive thing about that might be that they used it to develop quite a few new talents (Lappi, Rovanpera and partly O. Solberg).
    AFAIK Škoda Motorsport runs on its own budget just like M-Sport does. Most of the money they spend on development come from the Rally 2 business.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: pantealex (7th October 2021)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    The stats before Hyundai maybe?
    Always had a bad feeling about this team from things i've heard from many now, some things that would shock you...
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/profile...liver-solberg/
    Show me 5 results out of his entire career that made you think: this kid should be in a wrc car, he will be a future champion.

Just 5.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I wonder what makes anyone think he's a juwel or even a potential winner, except his last name.

So far he has shown neither the speed nor the reliability.
    Then you´re totally blind. He already won a lot. But also crashing a lot. Why? Just tell me, you all experts, because it´s hard to point at any certain reason. There are a few lessons learn, yes.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    why you guys so b.utthurt about Solberg having his chances?
    He isn't asking a penny from you, me, us..

Yes, he has crashed this season maybe a bit too much..
    but don't forget that he has a lot of experience with many different cars(i20 WRC, VW, Fabia, i20(old&new) R5s, powerful RX cars, ARA Subaru Impreza etc)

He isn't in the team for nothing..
    Last edited by TypeR; 5th October 2021 at 19:11.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Show me 5 results out of his entire career that made you think: this kid should be in a wrc car, he will be a future champion.

Just 5.
    I saw it already back in the days of filming him in crosskarts, now stop being so damn jealous and just let him drive.
    I think he showed quite easy he has something to do in a WRC in Artic but you can't expect everything to go on rails this early.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

11. Likes: Rallyper (6th October 2021),skarderud (5th October 2021),Sulland (5th October 2021)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    I’m with you guys, let the kid do his thing. I agree he should probably be in a 4th car similar to Katsuta, but he can drive. Sordo/Suninen would be a good 3rd car option next year, but this lad just needs experience, and it might as well be in a top level car.

13. Likes: Rallyper (6th October 2021)