Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , why bother with debate ?

Why are you even here ?
    A debate would imply arguing from a position of knowledge, and at the very least reading the entire initial post and comprehending what the other person is trying to say.
    Not cherry-picking certain sentences and then making it about something completely different.
    I don't need to engage with certain people who clearly have an agenda no matter what, and find a way to twist things to fit that narrative.
    Or they just flat out come out and spew their thinly lace vitriol.
    Why you see the need to constantly defend them because you agree with one part of their argument while disregarding their motives is rather sad.
    We have had many spirited debates in the past, but you have never resorted to their lows. I remember a time when we disagreed on certain topics and you and ioan were on the same side of that argument, but you had the decency to reign in or admonish ioan when his comments were out of line. Or St.Devote too (I think that was his name). What changed?

I'm not saying it is you, but the typical retort to bad faith arguments or statements is that it's "just debate"
    And you know that it isn't. All it takes is for one incident to occur and their true colors always emerge.

Do you not find it odd, that none of them (and sadly yourself) have spent 18 pages blasting Bottas (and stroll to a lesser extent)
    Arguing that he deliberately ruined both RBR's
    Arguing for race bans and rule changes
    Claiming he is a dirty driver
    Vehemently lobbing aspersions to his character
    Hoping that in the next race he get taken out
    etc. Etc. Etc.

You don't find that odd?
    Also where are all those folks on Max banging into another driver on an overtake?
    Not a peep about MSC deliberately running into him, or room given or not making the apex, or whatever excuse for touching Max?
    Despite max being the one, yet again, being hyper aggressive?

Even though those guys are on my ignore list, I can still view their post if i want too and none of them had anything to say about the Bottas incident, which was more dramatic and wild than what happened at silverstone. Not a single bloody comment on it apart from "this is wild" or "madness" without naming names.
    You and I know that if it was Hamilton it would be a completely different discussion and if it was Perez who damaged both Mercedes cars, the same crowd would have been applauding it and calling it comeuppance for Silverstone.

So let's not pretend what the agenda is with certain posters, because it is quite clear.
    That is why they are on my ignore list.
    No matter what the discussion is, there is a clear slant in their commentary or fairness.

I immediately admonishes Bottas and stroll for their foolishness and ruining an exciting few laps with the top cars.
    I was annoyed with Alonso battling Hamilton unnecessarily instead of going for p4 or p3. Then accepted that his mission was probably to be Ocon's wingman, to which I praised him for his efforts.
    But, not a peep from those guys, except to take potshots, or argue false narratives that Nitrodaze tried to make.

Why you insist on defending them because you firmly believed Hamilton to be solely at fault at Silverstone seems shortsighted.
    oh well.

time for a nice long summer break.
    Stay healthy!
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st August 2021 at 23:19.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    A debate would imply arguing from a position of knowledge, and at the very least reading the entire initial post and comprehending what the other person is trying to say.
    Not cherry-picking certain sentences and then making it about something completely different.
    I don't need to engage with certain people who clearly have an agenda no matter what, and find a way to twist things to fit that narrative.
    Or they just flat out come out and spew their thinly lace vitriol.
    Why you see the need to constantly defend them because you agree with one part of their argument while disregarding their motives is rather sad.
    We have had many spirited debates in the past, but you have never resorted to their lows. I remember a time when we disagreed on certain topics and you and ioan were on the same side of that argument, but you had the decency to reign in or admonish ioan when his comments were out of line. Or St.Devote too (I think that was his name). What changed?

I'm not saying it is you, but the typical retort to bad faith arguments or statements is that it's "just debate"
    And you know that it isn't. All it takes is for one incident to occur and their true colors always emerge.

Do you not find it odd, that none of them (and sadly yourself) have spent 18 pages blasting Bottas (and stroll to a lesser extent)
    Arguing that he deliberately ruined both RBR's
    Arguing for race bans and rule changes
    Claiming he is a dirty driver
    Vehemently lobbing aspersions to his character
    Hoping that in the next race he get taken out
    etc. Etc. Etc.

You don't find that odd?
    Also where are all those folks on Max banging into another driver on an overtake?
    Not a peep about MSC deliberately running into him, or room given or not making the apex, or whatever excuse for touching Max?
    Despite max being the one, yet again, being hyper aggressive?

Even though those guys are on my ignore list, I can still view their post if i want too and none of them had anything to say about the Bottas incident, which was more dramatic and wild than what happened at silverstone. Not a single bloody comment on it apart from "this is wild" or "madness" without naming names.
    You and I know that if it was Hamilton it would be a completely different discussion and if it was Perez who damaged both Mercedes cars, the same crowd would have been applauding it and calling it comeuppance for Silverstone.

So let's not pretend what the agenda is with certain posters, because it is quite clear.
    That is why they are on my ignore list.
    No matter what the discussion is, there is a clear slant in their commentary or fairness.

I immediately admonishes Bottas and stroll for their foolishness and ruining an exciting few laps with the top cars.
    I was annoyed with Alonso battling Hamilton unnecessarily instead of going for p4 or p3. Then accepted that his mission was probably to be Ocon's wingman, to which I praised him for his efforts.
    But, not a peep from those guys, except to take potshots, or argue false narratives that Nitrodaze tried to make.

Why you insist on defending them because you firmly believed Hamilton to be solely at fault at Silverstone seems shortsighted.
    oh well.

time for a nice long summer break.
    Stay healthy!

Yeah, a debate would be these things but maybe certain people are just a bit pissed off by being constantly accused of hate, prejudice and racism that they tend to look for it coming up and then show the poster what they have just done... yet again. Just as you have done above, thinly veiled, yet again and I won't stand for it.

You guys need to realise that if someone doesn't particularly like someone that does not necessarily make them racist. My old Lewis supporting posts of just a few years ago and even naming my youngest boy after him absolutely show that is not the case so GFY, stop trying to take the moral high ground, trying to silence people with your constant racism BS... its devisive, offensive, pathetic and just as vile as racism itself.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

3. Likes: joe1888cfc (13th September 2021)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    It is spelled "nit picking" not "knit picking" , and that , is nit picking .
    Maybe in Canada it is.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Why are you even here ?
    What has happened to you Baggie? This is very unlike you. You know too well that we cannot make allowances for individuals that use this platform to unfairly criticize drivers because they have a dislike for them. Especially if their posts have a pattern that clearly shows a bias with an unreasonable hint of hatred. As Truefan has pointed out, these criticisms are rarely consistently made to all other drivers when similar incidents occur. And they usually take the form of an over reaction with overbearing demand for unreasonable actions to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yeah, a debate would be these things but maybe certain people are just a bit pissed off by being constantly accused of hate, prejudice and racism that they tend to look for it coming up and then show the poster what they have just done... yet again. Just as you have done above, thinly veiled, yet again and I won't stand for it.

You guys need to realise that if someone doesn't particularly like someone that does not necessarily make them racist. My old Lewis supporting posts of just a few years ago and even naming my youngest boy after him absolutely show that is not the case so GFY, stop trying to take the moral high ground, trying to silence people with your constant racism BS... its devisive, offensive, pathetic and just as vile as racism itself.
    As we analyze the races with rigour, so do we analyze the posts on here. We call things what they are as we find them to be. You cannot act in a way that is clearly prejudicial and be offended when you are pointed out to be so doing. Your recent posts have been very disappointing.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Are you not aware of what you are typing?
    You overlooked the use of the word "potential". It does not imply "responsible for" but suggests "suspected to be".

Just read carefully buddy, it is in black and white before you.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts

Why are you even here ?
    There's no point in debating with people who are beyond normal fans, aka fanboys.

I find it hard to understand how someone can pick a favorite at random and then just defend that person what ever he does. Going as far as distorting and ignoring reality.

It must be kinda the same thing as a religion i suppose. You can't reason with them, you can't convince them. They will use their own sort of twisted logic.

Just look at truefan's comments on hungary. First he was mad that gasly wasn't just letting Hamilton pass, and after that he was mad that alonso also didn't just let Hamilton pass so he could take the win from his teammate occon.

There's no more logic in his thinking. He doesn't feel like it's a race, he feels like everybody who is not hamilton is just there to hinder hamilton and stop him from winning. He can't comprehend that other drivers and other teams can have different interests beyond that.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I for one agree with the OP. I was one of those who couldn't care less what colour Hamilton's skin has. But then nitrowoke convinced me out of my wicked racist ways and now I'm aspiring to be a member of the Church of Woke. Now all I can think about when I'm pondering something Hamilton did or said is, don't forget he's black! I know it's not his actions that matter, or his character but the skin of his colour. That is the not racist way of the woke. So yes, RBR and that little psychopath driver of theirs should apologize, because Hamilton is black. Alonso should too. What's he doing there holding the black one. That racist SOB!

I have some doubts what I'm supposed to thing about him if he finally gets his skin entirely covered with ink but I'm going to deal with this theological question when we get there. I'll ask my woke priest here.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Maybe in Canada it is.
    Everywhere in the English speaking world it is. It derives from nits, the eggs of lice.
    Knit picking would be an old lady making her choice in the craft shop
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

10. Likes: Bagwan (2nd August 2021),donKey jote (15th August 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I for one agree with the OP. I was one of those who couldn't care less what colour Hamilton's skin has. But then nitrowoke convinced me out of my wicked racist ways and now I'm aspiring to be a member of the Church of Woke. Now all I can think about when I'm pondering something Hamilton did or said is, don't forget he's black! I know it's not his actions that matter, or his character but the skin of his colour. That is the not racist way of the woke. So yes, RBR and that little psychopath driver of theirs should apologize, because Hamilton is black. Alonso should too. What's he doing there holding the black one. That racist SOB!

I have some doubts what I'm supposed to thing about him if he finally gets his skin entirely covered with ink but I'm going to deal with this theological question when we get there. I'll ask my woke priest here.
    I think we should stop this train of conversation now. It has gone far from racing-related discussions which this forum is about. How you derived skin colour from the discussions raised is interesting. Why it has become a focal point in your thinking is also interesting. I think you have a psychological issue with skin colour. It jumps out at you from everything you read or hear.

If there is any problem here, it is entirely in you. And you see the world through it. This is kind of like telling a drunk that he has had enough; you are drunk buddy. And he slurrily says, what are you talking about "l am in complete command of my faculties, l would have you know". Clearly, it is apparent you cannot communicate what is wrong with his faculties, as the reasoning centre of his faculties is impaired by his condition.

This is very much similar to people that have been socially conditioned through years of social engineering to instantly take a dislike or mistrust of people of other races. And this goes to the very centre of the divide that has driven this discussion. The interesting thing is, you are quite oblivious to the fact of what you are doing. It just comes naturally to you so it must be OK.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Everywhere in the English speaking world it is. It derives from nits, the eggs of lice.
    Knit picking would be an old lady making her choice in the craft shop
    Thanks for the correction. I am not an expert on lice eggs.
    William Shakespeare