Threaded View

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , why bother with debate ?

Why are you even here ?
    A debate would imply arguing from a position of knowledge, and at the very least reading the entire initial post and comprehending what the other person is trying to say.
    Not cherry-picking certain sentences and then making it about something completely different.
    I don't need to engage with certain people who clearly have an agenda no matter what, and find a way to twist things to fit that narrative.
    Or they just flat out come out and spew their thinly lace vitriol.
    Why you see the need to constantly defend them because you agree with one part of their argument while disregarding their motives is rather sad.
    We have had many spirited debates in the past, but you have never resorted to their lows. I remember a time when we disagreed on certain topics and you and ioan were on the same side of that argument, but you had the decency to reign in or admonish ioan when his comments were out of line. Or St.Devote too (I think that was his name). What changed?

I'm not saying it is you, but the typical retort to bad faith arguments or statements is that it's "just debate"
    And you know that it isn't. All it takes is for one incident to occur and their true colors always emerge.

Do you not find it odd, that none of them (and sadly yourself) have spent 18 pages blasting Bottas (and stroll to a lesser extent)
    Arguing that he deliberately ruined both RBR's
    Arguing for race bans and rule changes
    Claiming he is a dirty driver
    Vehemently lobbing aspersions to his character
    Hoping that in the next race he get taken out
    etc. Etc. Etc.

You don't find that odd?
    Also where are all those folks on Max banging into another driver on an overtake?
    Not a peep about MSC deliberately running into him, or room given or not making the apex, or whatever excuse for touching Max?
    Despite max being the one, yet again, being hyper aggressive?

Even though those guys are on my ignore list, I can still view their post if i want too and none of them had anything to say about the Bottas incident, which was more dramatic and wild than what happened at silverstone. Not a single bloody comment on it apart from "this is wild" or "madness" without naming names.
    You and I know that if it was Hamilton it would be a completely different discussion and if it was Perez who damaged both Mercedes cars, the same crowd would have been applauding it and calling it comeuppance for Silverstone.

So let's not pretend what the agenda is with certain posters, because it is quite clear.
    That is why they are on my ignore list.
    No matter what the discussion is, there is a clear slant in their commentary or fairness.

I immediately admonishes Bottas and stroll for their foolishness and ruining an exciting few laps with the top cars.
    I was annoyed with Alonso battling Hamilton unnecessarily instead of going for p4 or p3. Then accepted that his mission was probably to be Ocon's wingman, to which I praised him for his efforts.
    But, not a peep from those guys, except to take potshots, or argue false narratives that Nitrodaze tried to make.

Why you insist on defending them because you firmly believed Hamilton to be solely at fault at Silverstone seems shortsighted.
    oh well.

time for a nice long summer break.
    Stay healthy!
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st August 2021 at 23:19.
    you can't argue with results.