Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Should Redbull apologize?

Redbull and Horner in particular openly criticized and accused Hamilton of intentionally causing the accident between Hamilton and Verstappen at Silverstone. Phrases like "A seven-times world champion should know better", "He took me out", "Celebration was disrespectful", "Hamilton was desperate" were used. In particular, Redbull appears to have insinuated that Hamilton caused the accident on purpose to take out Verstappen in order to close the points gap to Verstappen.

We have discussed this at length in this forum. And opinions are divided as some diehard individuals; mostly with a deep-seated dislike for Hamilton, have insisted this is the case. Fortunately, the objective side of the FIA and F1M; the stewards, do not see it that way. The majority of drivers; active and retired do not see it that way either. Some of the finest analysts of F1, such as Peter Windsor and raft of F1 YouTubers do not see it the Redbull way either.

Mercedes has responded by pointing out that Redbull's reaction was inappropriately below the belt as Toto Wolff puts it. Some media pundits have assessed it and found that the Redbull reaction would in effect cast a shadow of doubt on Hamilton's conduct going forward which may attract harsher penalties in any future incidents. But most damning is, the wider effect of the reaction may have caused the flurry of racial abuses to Hamilton that followed. The strong negative reaction that exploded on the internet and on social media platforms. Enough for some of the most responsible platforms to openly react to these abuses. The extent of these reactions traced back to a Redbull staff that was fired upon discovery of their abusive statements on social media.

My question here is, do Redbull and Horner see that some form of apology may be required for how they have reacted and how that has in some way influenced the hate reaction that we have come to see on social media feeding from it? Is Horner big enough to raise his hands and say "With hindsight, we should have handled this better"?

That said, we could also say that this is the norm. Every generation of F1 introduces something new to the game. Maybe, open raw reactions, regardless of how right or wrong it is, is the new norm. This certainly falls in line with reality TV, a taste of which we got to see of Haas on Netflix. In which case, we could simply put it down to unfiltered human reactions to dramatic events with huge consequences. Even so, the line should be drawn somewhere. After all, this is an international event with far-reaching influences.

Hence, all F1 personalities that stand before a camera have an obligation to display human decency and the finest qualities that all humans should aspire to. And being a potential proponent for racial hate, is certainly not that. Thus, an apology of some sought would be the decent thing to do in my opinion.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2021 at 12:31.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (1st August 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Ok, I'll bite.. Someone needs to call it, I guess its me.. again.

So you can't have a difference of opinion on a matter or accuse someone of something if they have a different skin colour from you, because if you do and they receive racial abuse elsewhere you are responsible for inciting racial hatred where there was no racial element before? Yeah, that's real sound logic..

Throwing the race card at every person, group, company or incident when it isn't racially motivated and you don't agree with it, is just as wrong and twisted as the people who do actually perpetuate these wrongs.

I've pointed this out to you before but still you persevere with your devisive BS agenda here. Case in point.. you directly accused me of being racist because I don't like Lewis but even after I pointed out that I used to be a fan which my older forum posts back up... and that I even named my youngest son after him... YOU resolutely refused to apologise to me... yet here you are calling for a public apology from Red Bull/Horner for having their own opinion on an incident?

...and you wonder why you seem to get so much stick on here?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

4. Likes: airshifter (1st August 2021),Bagwan (1st August 2021),donKey jote (15th August 2021),MentalParadox (6th August 2021),Mia 01 (2nd August 2021)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    So Hamilton takes verstappen out and you feel that redbull should appologise because they complain about it?

You are a lost cause.

6. Likes: MentalParadox (6th August 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.. Someone needs to call it, I guess its me.. again.

So you can't have a difference of opinion on a matter or accuse someone of something if they have a different skin colour from you, because if you do and they receive racial abuse elsewhere you are responsible for inciting racial hatred where there was no racial element before? Yeah, that's real sound logic..

Throwing the race card at every person, group, company or incident when it isn't racially motivated and you don't agree with it, is just as wrong and twisted as the people who do actually perpetuate these wrongs.

I've pointed this out to you before but still you persevere with your devisive BS agenda here. Case in point.. you directly accused me of being racist because I don't like Lewis but even after I pointed out that I used to be a fan which my older forum posts back up... and that I even named my youngest son after him... YOU resolutely refused to apologise to me... yet here you are calling for a public apology from Red Bull/Horner for having their own opinion on an incident?

...and you wonder why you seem to get so much stick on here?
    I don't understand why you think there is a race card in a simple question. Calm down and read the post again with a clear head. And l only get stick from you BTW.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    So Hamilton takes verstappen out and you feel that redbull should appologise because they complain about it?

You are a lost cause.
    Here we go again!
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I don't understand why you think there is a race card in a simple question. Calm down and read the post again with a clear head. And l only get stick from you BTW.
    ...and being an potential proponent for racial hate, is certainly not that.

Are you not aware of what you are typing?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Are you not aware of what you are typing?
    Come on! read the piece with an open head. I was only reflecting the views put forward by Mercedes who happen to think Horner should apologize. Be objective on how you read the piece and respond objectively. Picking on one line here and there is just nit picking.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2021 at 12:34.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Come on! read the piece with an open head. I was only reflecting the views put forward by Mercedes who happen to think Horner should apologize. Be objective on how you read the piece and respond objectively. Picking on one line here and there is just knit picking.
    you are asking too much from those 2.
    They are already on my blocked list for obvious reasons.
    Don't even bother I say.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Come on! read the piece with an open head. I was only reflecting the views put forward by Mercedes who happen to think Horner should apologize. Be objective on how you read the piece and respond objectively. Picking on one line here and there is just knit picking.
    It is spelled "nit picking" not "knit picking" , and that , is nit picking .

13. Likes: donKey jote (15th August 2021)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    you are asking too much from those 2.
    They are already on my blocked list for obvious reasons.
    Don't even bother I say.
    Yeah , why bother with debate ?

Why are you even here ?

15. Likes: joe1888cfc (13th September 2021)