Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Are you blind or something? Leclerc was almost on the racing line and far to the left which allowed Hamilton to take a line through the centre of the track which of course allowed him to have a better line into the apex of the corner. Verstappen on the other hand,.
    Evidently you didn't watch the video or you are blind.

Capture.JPG

Verstappen and Leclerc car are exactly the same, only hamilton took 2 different lines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I love seeing Butthurt Dutch fans Boo'ing. They can all log onto F1.com tomorrow and vote Max for DOTD to ease their pain.
    Hamilton acknowledging them was weakness. Now they know they are annoying him.

Some games there by Lewis at the end. No harm after RBR's behaviour over the last two weeks. Horner has a very different tone in his interview. Reckon the FIA could have told him to reign in his attitude.
    I think this whole thing was RB playing mind games with Hamilton. And it is evidently working.

Fully expected RBR to get pole today so was a nice surprise to see such a strong qualifying.
    It has been pretty evident through all the practice and qualifying sessions that Mercedes was the faster car this weekend.

Personally it looks like Max was struggling out there at times in the practice session. There is no way that Verstappen is fully recovered from the crash yet (regardless of what he says). The summer break is coming just the right time for him.

The problem Red Bull has now is they will have a reliability issue with their #2 engine at some point and it will cause a DNF for Verstappen. I don't care what Honda (and it may be just misinformation) says, parts of the engine were over-stressed.

Norris is very quickly becoming one of my favourite drivers.
    Yeah, Norris is good dude.

I was sorry to see Russell not get out of Q3 - he is another favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Also it may be time to start worrying about Ricciardo. This beginning to look a bit concerning now for mclaren. Lets see what the rest of Q2 offers. 🤷🏻*♂️
    Yeah, I keep thinking we are going to see the real Ricciardo, but maybe this is it.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Evidently you didn't watch the video or you are blind.

Capture.JPG

Verstappen and Leclerc car are exactly the same, only hamilton took 2 different lines.
    I shall not bother with a reply.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Hamilton acknowledging them was weakness. Now they know they are annoying him.

I think this whole thing was RB playing mind games with Hamilton. And it is evidently working.

It has been pretty evident through all the practice and qualifying sessions that Mercedes was the faster car this weekend.

Personally it looks like Max was struggling out there at times in the practice session. There is no way that Verstappen is fully recovered from the crash yet (regardless of what he says). The summer break is coming just the right time for him.

The problem Red Bull has now is they will have a reliability issue with their #2 engine at some point and it will cause a DNF for Verstappen. I don't care what Honda (and it may be just misinformation) says, parts of the engine were over-stressed.

Yeah, Norris is good dude.

I was sorry to see Russell not get out of Q3 - he is another favorite of mine.
    Not at all. Acknowledging, accepting and channeling it is a strength. He'll now use it tomorrow. Max's expletive filled response to a reporter's question after the race is a sign of weakness. Now Hamilton knows he has gotten to him.

I was very disappointed for Russell - for once he didn't get the cleanest of laps. The under steer at turn 2 cost him his Q2 position but looks like a Q3 run was not on the cards for him today either way.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I love seeing Butthurt Dutch fans Boo'ing. They can all log onto F1.com tomorrow and vote Max for DOTD to ease their pain.

Some games there by Lewis at the end. No harm after RBR's behaviour over the last two weeks. Horner has a very different tone in his interview. Reckon the FIA could have told him to reign in his attitude.

Fully expected RBR to get pole today so was a nice surprise to see such a strong qualifying.

Norris is very quickly becoming one of my favourite drivers.
    Norris has been a star this season. He has made Ricciado look very ordinary. I suppose the table has turned, he gets to experience how Vettel felt when he got promoted into the Redbull.

Hamilton is pumped up and raring to go racing tomorrow. I sort of expected the dutch fans to boo this weekend. They are fans of Verstappen firstly then racing comes second.

The Mercedes is looking rapid but l think the Redbull can go faster than we have seen. It is interesting that they left it so late going out for their final run. Hence we did not get to see the true pace of that car on this circuit. Verstappen kept complaining about the front tyres feeling loose. The race shall be fun as they are teed up nicely on the first and second row. Bottas would be expected to do the job of keeping Verstappen behind to allow Hamilton to shoot off into the distance.

We know the Redbull gets off the line from a standstill better than the Mercedes. So there is every chance that Verstappen can romp into the lead from third place. It would be a brilliant start if that were to happen. This scenario would most likely give us a repeat of the Silverstone saga. This is what l am really hoping for.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st July 2021 at 19:25.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Norris has been a star this season. He has made Ricciado look very ordinary. I suppose the table has turned, he gets to experience how Vettel felt when he got promoted into the Redbull.

Hamilton is pumped up and raring to go racing tomorrow. I sort of expected the dutch fans to boo this weekend. They are fans of Verstappen firstly then racing comes second.

The Mercedes is looking rapid but l think the Redbull can go faster than we have seen. It is interesting that they left it so late going out for their final run. Hence we did not get to see the true pace of that car on this circuit. Verstappen kept complaining about the front tyres feeling loose. The race shall be fun as they are teed up nicely on the first and second row. Bottas would be expected to do the job of keeping Verstappen behind to allow Hamilton to shoot off into the distance.

We know the Redbull gets off the line from a standstill better than the Mercedes. So there is every chance that Verstappen can romp into the lead from third place. It would be a brilliant start if that were to happen. This would most likely give us a repeat of the Silverstone saga.
    The race is nicely primed indeed.
    you can't argue with results.

I shall not bother with a reply.
    Well, what could you say? Call me a smelly pirate hooker?

9. Likes: Bagwan (1st August 2021)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Pip, pip, pip, pip, pip, poop!
    May the forza be with you

11. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2021)

The Mercedes is looking rapid but l think the Redbull can go faster than we have seen.
    I have seen no data that can lead you to think that Red Bull has faster race pace than Mercedes (beside the fan fear of annoying the weaxf gods). At best they might be even. Unless Hamilton gets a really bad start, it looks like it should be a fairly comfortable win. Even the difference in starting tire probably doesn't make up the difference. Plus, I'm sure Mercedes is telling Bottas that he's not racing Hamilton but Max, so he going to be making himself big.

Max at this point probably is just ready to get a P2 and go on summer break and prod Red Bull to work on some improvements during the break.

The big question will be what does Perez does?

a. Get passed by Gasly?
    b. Get passed by Gasly and LNorris?
    c. Get passed by Gasly, Norris and Leclerc?
    d. Take the fight to Bottas and actually pass him?

Gasly could really make a big statement for the Red Bull seat going into the summer if he manhandles Perez. I didn't think there was any way he could get their but Perez is leaving the door open.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 31st July 2021 at 20:51.