Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts

2021 Race 11 - Hungary

Last race before the summer break. The standing have divided themselves into four groups

Group 1: RB & Mercedes
    Group 2: Ferrari & Mclaren
    Group 3: Alpha Tauri, Aston Martin, Renault
    Group 4: Sauber, Williams and Haas Boys

Stories of this race is of course the eager anticipation the next round of Max vs. Lewis. What GB grandprix showed was the RB car is faster than Mercedes, and Hungary should favor RB even more - so I don't foresee any drama.

Bottas/Perez - will either one be a race car driver this weekend?

Ferrari was surprising good last weekend and seems to be in a upward trajectory. So the Mclaren/Ferrari battle should be interesting to watch.

Will Russell be announced before summer break or after? Can he finally get Williams a point?

2. Likes: Corky (23rd July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

Bottas/Perez - will either one be a race car driver this weekend?
    A Mercedes message to Bottas has been intercepted

Mercedes.jpg

Your mission, Valtteri, should you choose/decide to accept it, ...

As always, should you be caught by the Stewards, Toto Wolf will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape/disc will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Valtteri
    Last edited by F1nKS; 21st July 2021 at 01:14.

4. Likes: N. Jones (26th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Who will finish higher.
    Lando or Perez?

Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Who will finish higher.
    Lando or Perez?
    If I was going to be forced to bet on one of the other - I would go with Lando. Perez should be higher, but you can't depend on him. Lando has been very dependable all season.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    If I was going to be forced to bet on one of the other - I would go with Lando. Perez should be higher, but you can't depend on him. Lando has been very dependable all season.
    It's for my F1 fantasy team turbo driver

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    I have to say, l am looking forward to Verstappen's return to the track at the Hungaroring. I would expect a bounce back with pole and possibly a win. But the Mercedes looks like it will be closer at that race as well. So some Hamilton vs Verstappen duel seem on the card once more. I hope it is a cleaner fight. As we head into the summer break after this race.

Mercedes say they are not bringing anymore major upgrades to this year's car after Silverstone. I wonder what Redbull is doing? All attention is now fully on next years car at Mercedes. If Redbull wants to win this season's championship, l suspect they would be bringing more upgrades to put the Redbull firmly ahead of the Mercedes.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

I have never bought into the argument that Mercedes is way behind. Mercedes has faster straight line speed, Red Bull is faster in the corners. Who is faster on any track is depended on how many long straights there are versus corners. The first half of the season suited Red Bull a little more. Not sure who the second half suits, but we know that Mercerdes/Hamilton usually ramp it up a notch after the break.

On the subject of upgrades. I don't really believe what any teams are saying as it is probably misinformation. The people doing new design versus modifications are different people anyway.

Another factor is the cost cap - the limitation for upgrades may not be engineering throughput, but they are hampered by the cost cap. With Mercedes and RB both having cars that had significant damage - this might be forcing them to choose where to spend money.

Red Bull will be using Max #2 power unit (that was salvaged from his car last race) in the first practice session. They will use the data from this practice session to assess whether the unit suffered any damage.

The Red Bull appeal failed - which shouldn't be a surprise.

Hamilton was asked to compare his action against Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. Hamilton refused.

"I can certainly explain it, but I'm not going to," he said.

"I've been racing for over 20 years," Hamilton continued. "I know how to navigate through corners and do overtaking manoeuvres and so I'm not going to waste my energy explaining it. But it will certainly be difficult for people to fully understand."

The Red Bull appeal failed - which shouldn't be a surprise.

Hamilton was asked to compare his action against Verstappen and Charles Leclerc. Hamilton refused.
    I believe the context of the question is related to video now showing up that compare Verstappen/Leclerc/Hamilton runs at Cobbs.

You see that Verstappen and Leclerc took almost the exact same line. Hamilton took two different lines. Link to video below.

https://youtu.be/xGgpdb2WhRE