Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    If they are considering an appeal now , they really must think there is more fuel in there .
    An appeal would be expensive , but , maybe the points are worth it .
    From the sound of things they are just grasping at straws. The technical regs don't seem to leave much grey area in the matter, so I personally think the cause is already lost. Unless AM can prove that they have a system that conforms to regs and has somehow been damaged of malfunctioned, they are going to be stuck.

I think they are just bluffing on the appeal myself, but really in the grand scheme of things they already have plenty of cash and lawyers, so the possible grab at a few more points might be worth a roll of the dice.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    If they are considering an appeal now , they really must think there is more fuel in there .
    An appeal would be expensive , but , maybe the points are worth it .
    I believe Aston Martin has admitted that the required fuel was missing because the fuel pump had started leaking the fuel out.

I believe they are appealing it on the terms of whether the punishment fits the crime. I mean Bottas and Stroll take out 25% of the cars and get only a 5 space grid penalty, while Vettel has a fuel pump failure at the end of the race the leaks the fuel out and gets disqualified - where is the justice?

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I believe Aston Martin has admitted that the required fuel was missing because the fuel pump had started leaking the fuel out.

I believe they are appealing it on the terms of whether the punishment fits the crime. I mean Bottas and Stroll take out 25% of the cars and get only a 5 space grid penalty, while Vettel has a fuel pump failure at the end of the race the leaks the fuel out and gets disqualified - where is the justice?
    They might have a real case if it was a leaky pump , but I can't imagine them getting anywhere if it's just comparatively unjust .

They'll need pictures of the puddle , or the opportunity to drain it and replace it to pump the required fuel , if it is , indeed , there .

Arguing about someone else's penalty will get them nowhere when the rule they breached and the penalty for said indiscretion is clear .
    It would merely piss off the same people they are trying to convince of their own innocence .

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    While it may be possible, I think most likely the fuel leaked out while battling on the track.

5. Likes: Bagwan (12th August 2021)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    While it may be possible, I think most likely the fuel leaked out while battling on the track.
    It brings to my mind the question of how efficient the aeros are on the AM , since they were in the slipstream of the Alpine for most of the race , and might have expected a little less usage as a result .
    The Merc motor doesn't seem overly thirsty in the Merc car , so that isn't likely the issue .

They obviously knew there was an issue , though , because I'm sure they would have loved to see that car sitting behind that #2 sign at the end .

And , it might have just been a mathematical goof .
    Mind you , that goof seems to only have been found in the cool-down lap , so it kind of backs up the leaky story they seem to be going with .

So , if the data they may have for the fuel pump correlates with the idea they were good through the race , but lost the expected fuel load during the cool down lap , they might have a chance .
    I hope they find that puddle because it was nice to see the old codger on the podium ( oops , that's ageism , isn't it ?) .

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    ASTON MARTIN
    Aston Martin withdraw appeal against Vettel's disqualification in Hungary

12th August 2021, ‎14‎:‎06

Aston Martin's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix will stand, as the team have withdrawn their appeal against Sebastian Vettel being thrown out of the results.
    Author Thomas Maher

Aston Martin have decided against continuing with their appeal against Sebastian Vettel's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix.
    Vettel, who finished second to Esteban Ocon at the Hungaroring, was disqualified from the results after the stewards were unable to get a one-litre sample of fuel out of his car at the end of the race.

Aston Martin lodged a petition for a right to review the penalty with the stewards, as well as lodging an intention to appeal the outcome. Earlier this week, the stewards declined the petition from Aston Martin due to a lack of new evidence.

The team's AMR21 suffered a fuel pump issue during the race that resulted in the car having less than the required one-litre, but the cause of the issue was of no concern to the stewards. With the car not containing the required fuel, as dictated by the technical regulations, the petition was rejected.

Following on from that decision, the team have now decided to withdraw their appeal against the disqualification.

"Having considered our position and having noted the FIA stewards’ verdict that there was clear new evidence of a fuel system failure, we have nonetheless withdrawn our appeal on the basis that we believe doing so outweighs the benefits of it being heard," said a short statement from the team.

https://racingnews365.com/aston-mart...ion-in-hungary

Aston Martin admit defeat in Sebastian Vettel appeal - and it could be key in title race
    Vettel may have lost his second-placed finish and the 18 championship points that came with it, but Max Verstappen could be the biggest loser from the situation

By Daniel Moxon
    • 15:06, 13 Aug 2021
    • Updated16:24, 13 Aug 2021

Bosses at Aston Martin F1 have finally admitted defeat in their quest to reverse Sebastian Vettel's disqualification at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The German finished second behind surprise winner Esteban Ocon in Budapest, but was later stripped of his podium place after the FIA could not take the required one-litre fuel sample from his car after the race.

His team contested the decision and provided evidence as to why there was less fuel than anticipated left in the car.

However, the FIA stood by its decision after reviewing the appeal and deemed the new evidence "not relevant" – much to the displeasure of team principal Otmar Szafnauer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...opped-24754899