Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Well Merc said they didn't intend to spend/develop any more upgrades on the 21 car and are putting the development pot into the 22 car instead, why is it so difficult for you to believe similar for RB too? So are they both lying.. or just Red Bull?
    Whatever Redbull or Mercedes are doing, l am sure they would be spending more than $2.5m on this season's car by the time we get to Abu Dhabi.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: pantealex (30th July 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Whatever Redbull or Mercedes are doing, l am sure they would be spending more than $2.5m on this season's car by the time we get to Abu Dhabi.

As Horner is a Brit I'm sure he likely meant GBP which would be almost $3.5m.

Maybe they will change their allocated budget depending on how tight the battle is, well they will almost definately have to now.. but believe it or not, that was the figure mentioned.

Remember the cost capped $145m (£104m) budget is a huge reduction on what teams like Red Bull and Merc could previously spend and with the importance of having to also develop a whole new car for 22 rather than a mere evolution of this years car, the have to find a pot to limit and that is about the only one they can if they dont want to also compromise the next 5-6 years by being behind from the get go.. so I do find it believable.

What makes you think this seasons development of the 22 car comes out of next seasons budget.. do you have a link? I dont remember ever reading about that anywhere and it would be rather strange accounting to say the least... officially FIA sanctioned due to the car change?

As a 'Company Director' as stated in your profile, I'd have thought you'd have a really strong grasp on finances.. or is that just complete BS too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    There you go again .
    Ok then, you got me. I am no good at avoiding talking to you. Shall we be buddies again now this fiasco is over? On to the next one :-)
    William Shakespeare

As Horner is a Brit I'm sure he likely meant GBP which would be almost $3.5m.

Maybe they will change their allocated budget depending on how tight the battle is, well they will almost definately have to now.. but believe it or not, that was the figure mentioned.

Remember the cost capped $145m (£104m) budget is a huge reduction on what teams like Red Bull and Merc could previously spend and with the importance of having to also develop a whole new car for 22 rather than a mere evolution of this years car, the have to find a pot to limit and that is about the only one they can if they dont want to also compromise the next 5-6 years by being behind from the get go.. so I do find it believable.

What makes you think this seasons development of the 22 car comes out of next seasons budget.. do you have a link? I dont remember ever reading about that anywhere and it would be rather strange accounting to say the least... officially FIA sanctioned due to the car change?

As a 'Company Director' as stated in your profile, I'd have thought you'd have a really strong grasp on finances.. or is that just complete BS too?
    Whichever way you put it, it still sounds ridiculous. They are not going to spend 3.5% of the budget on this season's car. They are going to spend a lot more than that.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Whichever way you put it, it still sounds ridiculous. They are not going to spend 3.5% of the budget on this season's car. They are going to spend a lot more than that.
    It would be in normal uncapped circumstances or without a new car in the pipeline but I guess something has to take a budget hit and Merc basically said the same pot is being hit with them.

It would be in normal uncapped circumstances or without a new car in the pipeline but I guess something has to take a budget hit and Merc basically said the same pot is being hit with them.
    Here is where the championship shall be won. The team that has planned a better budget for this season's campaign would win it.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    This is a good video which shows the double standard that Christian Horner and Max apply to themselves compared to Silverstone this year. Look at Portugal and the botched overtake attempt he did on (I think it was Stroll IIRC) and how he "stuck a wheel up the inside". He was never going to make that corner. On the other hand, going into Copse in Silverstone, Lewis front wing was past Max's front Wheel but yet they think that what Max did in Portugal was acceptable and not what Lewis did in Silverstone. Both are relatively fast corners (Copse faster) but if Max was entitled to attempt and overtake in Portugal, Hamilton was 100% entitled to attempt the overtake at Copse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPVvwactoA
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 9th August 2021 at 12:55.

9. Likes: truefan72 (10th August 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This is a good video which shows the double standard that Christian Horner and Max apply to themselves compared to Silverstone this year. Look at Portugal and the botched overtake attempt he did on (I think it was Stroll IIRC) and how he "stuck a wheel up the inside". He was never going to make that corner. On the other hand, going into Copse in Silverstone, Lewis front wing was past Max's front Wheel but yet they think that what Max did in Portugal was acceptable and not what Lewis did in Silverstone. Both are relatively fast corners (Copse faster) but if Max was entitled to attempt and overtake in Portugal, Hamilton was 100% entitled to attempt the overtake at Copse.

CrashStappen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

He drives like he is in GP3 really.
    William Shakespeare