Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Until I've seen it, I don't have an opinion yet, I'm only listening on 5 live.
    Well, approaching the corner, Hamilton was behind Verstappen and catching up fast. Verstappen could see that and jig left to cover the outside, but Hamilton ducked right and came alongside Verstappen, but really close to the pit wall. Which compromised his turn into the approaching right-hand corner. Hence, he could not hug the apex of the corner but was forced to the centre of the track, where Verstappen was trying to put his car to close down Hamilton. Verstappen's rear tyre banged into Hamilton's front left and he spun off into the barriers.

It was simply hard racing and really a racing incident. If it was anyone else, l am sure the stewards would declare it a racing incident. But it is Hamilton, they would definitely give him a penalty. We think 5 seconds penalty, but don't be surprised if it is a lot more.

The commentators on channel four were very quick to blame Hamilton for the incident. They expect a penalty for Hamilton. So it is a matter of time.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th July 2021 at 15:42.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I would rule it a racing incident after seeing all the replays (But I thought Norris/Perez was racing incident last race).
    Yep and I thought Russell's was more of a racing incident in the Sprint but he still got a 3 position penalty. Whatever the decision is as long as they start showing consistency across the board then I'm cool with it.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    If that isn't a racing incident, nothing is
    also, let's not forget that Verstappen, retook the lead by going completely on the outside of Abbey
    And then he did squeeze him as well.

What is frustrating are all the comments by the Sky folks who should know better but are all trying to have Hamilton get a penalty.
    Their entire discussion is if Hamilton should have given him room, but not a single discussion if Verstappen should have given Hamilton room.
    Hamilton was about as far in as he could and Max just cut him off like nobody was at the corner.

Oh well. This is a racing incident pure and simple, any other discussion of micro seconds or inches further left etc. is ridiculous.
    Max has the reputation for overaggressive driving not Hamilton. Just yesterday he was weaving back and forth like crazy on the opening lap.
    It was bound to happen with his driving style and it did.
    you can't argue with results.

Until I've seen it, I don't have an opinion yet, I'm only listening on 5 live.
    Well, approaching the corner, Hamilton was behind Verstappen and catching up fast. Verstappen could see that and jig left to cover the outside, but Hamilton ducked right and came alongside Verstappen, but really close to the pit wall. Which compromised his turn into the approaching right-hand corner. Hence, he could not hug the apex of the corner but was forced to the centre of the track, where Verstappen was trying to put his car to close down Hamilton. Verstappen's rear tyre banged into Hamilton's front left and he spun off into the barriers.

It was simply hard racing and really a racing incident. If it was anyone else, l am sure the stewards would declare it a racing incident. But it is Hamilton, they would definitely give him a penalty. We think 5 seconds penalty, but diont be surprised if it is a lot more.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

It was simply hard racing and really a racing incident. If it was anyone else, l am sure the stewards would declare it a racing incident. But it is Hamilton, they would definitely give him a penalty. We think 5 seconds penalty, but don't be surprised if it is a lot more.

The commentators on channel four were very quick to blame Hamilton for the incident. They expect a penalty for Hamilton. So it is a matter of time.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    also, let's not forget that Verstappen, retook the lead by going completely on the outside of Abbey

What is frustrating are all the comments by the Sky folks who should know better but are all trying to have Hamilton get a penalty.
    Their entire discussion is if Hamilton should have given him room, but not a single discussion if Verstappen should have given Hamilton room.
    Hamilton was about as far in as he could and Max just cut him off like nobody was at the corner.

Oh well. This is a racing incident pure and simple, any other discussion of micro seconds or inches further left etc. is ridiculous.
    Max has the reputation for overaggressive driving not Hamilton. Just yesterday he was weaving back and forth like crazy on the opening lap.
    My thoughts exactly. I thought Verstappen could have avoided the accident by leaving room on the right. He had more to lose in terms of point, hence should have been more careful than he did.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

That's funny... on 5 live I'm hearing the complete opposite perspective. Totally Hamilton biased!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

Yeah, it is like they want him to get a penalty. It was a racing incident pure and simple and Karun's analysis provided more conclusive analysis to that fact.
    It is just sad to see how quickly the rest of the sky folks and Channel 4 guys are quick to blame Hamilton. At least Brundle has revised his comments and believes it was a racing incident. Button and Damon hill are firmly in camp max and I find that ironic coming from 2 drivers who should know better.

That's funny... on 5 live I'm hearing the complete opposite perspective. Totally Hamilton biased!
    lol.

I would take a bet that Bottas is dropped next season.
    William Shakespeare