Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion. It may be as controversial as you want. But we have to draw the line on an outright show of hatred. Online abuse and hatred of sports personalities have to stop.
    Would you have same opinion if max had died?
    Few years ago that crash would have been fatal.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post

Nobody wants a racing driver to die while racing which is why there are safety procedures and rules in F1. This championship battle between Redbull and Mercedes or Hamilton and Verstappen was gloves off this silverstone weekend. They have to start racing each other with a little more respect to avoid this situation from repeating itself. We are lucky this time, next time may not be so forgiving.

That said, please try to contain your feelings about the racing. It comes across in a very bad light.

I like to welcome you to this brilliant forum where you would find some very varied perspectives of the unfolding events of this seasons racing. Feel free to add yours to it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: joe1888cfc (19th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Nobody wants a racing driver to die while racing which is why there are safety procedures and rules in F1. This championship battle between Redbull and Mercedes or Hamilton and Verstappen was gloves off this silverstone weekend. They have to start racing each other with a little more respect to avoid this situation from repeating itself. We are lucky this time, next time may not be so forgiving.

That said, please try to contain your feelings about the racing. It comes across in a very bad light.

I like to welcome you to this brilliant forum where you would find some very varied perspectives of the unfolding events of this seasons racing. Feel free to add yours to it.
    Thanks for the welcome. Still wonder what you opinion would be if it had been more serious. I think max is lucky to come away unscathed

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

I'd like to ask you the opposite .
    Would you ask for Lewis to be put in the wall if Max had not hit the wall at 52gs ?

You can hate him all you like , but it's a little hollow if you don't join in the discussion about the things he does .

My beef with you is only about your suggestion that he should be hurt or killed for his indiscretion .
    Even Marko didn't go that far .

I've been here on this forum for over 20 years and that kind of suggestion has never been tolerated .
    It just isn't cool here .

But , we're up for some spirited debate .
    I just happen to agree with you that Hammy was to blame here , by the way .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

I, for one, would have felt exactly the same if Max had died because I'm not leading with my emotions. Max dying would not have changed the fact that he could have given Lewis more room, nor would it change that Lewis missed the corner apex. The real question here is whether or not there was intent and it's pretty clear there was none from either driver but both were in the wrong, hence, a racing incident.

7. Likes: truefan72 (19th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I'd like to ask you the opposite .
    Would you ask for Lewis to be put in the wall if Max had not hit the wall at 52gs ?

You can hate him all you like , but it's a little hollow if you don't join in the discussion about the things he does .

My beef with you is only about your suggestion that he should be hurt or killed for his indiscretion .
    Even Marko didn't go that far .

I've been here on this forum for over 20 years and that kind of suggestion has never been tolerated .
    It just isn't cool here .

But , we're up for some spirited debate .
    I just happen to agree with you that Hammy was to blame here , by the way .
    I didn't say he should be hurt or killed, you've put words in my mouth, I said I wanted him into the wall. How you got I wanted him hurt or killed from that I don't know. I'd never want to see someone hurt or killed even if it's the driver I dislike the most. I'd love to see him try another move and come off worse and go into the wall.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I, for one, would have felt exactly the same if Max had died because I'm not leading with my emotions. Max dying would not have changed the fact that he could have given Lewis more room, nor would it change that Lewis missed the corner apex. The real question here is whether or not there was intent and it's pretty clear there was none from either driver but both were in the wrong, hence, a racing incident.
    No idea how folk can blame max for this

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    No idea how folk can blame max for this

Look at all the room on the left Max has compared with Lewis. That's why he shares his proportion of the blame.

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Look at all the room on the left Max has compared with Lewis. That's why he shares his proportion of the blame.
    He left room, Lewis missed apex and understeered into max.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Thanks for the welcome. Still wonder what you opinion would be if it had been more serious. I think max is lucky to come away unscathed

I wonder if you really know exactly how the crash occurred? If you watch the moment of the contact again, you would find that the accident occurred because they locked wheels. Verstappen's right rear was behind Hamilton's front left tyre. Verstappen rear moved into Hamilton's left tyre causing the spin and the tyre sheering of the car. It was not a case of Hamilton driving into Verstappen per se. They just raced too close without giving each other enough room.

The steering videos showed Hamilton at full right lock trying to turn round the corner. It also showed Verstappen make a small adjustment left and then turned right which locked the wheels of both cars.

So when you ask these sorts of questions, you should stop for a moment and ask what the other driver has done to prevent the accident. It was a shared fault by both drivers. That is what racing is about. It is not a Sunday drive to the shops. Any racing driver that is unprepared to fight at a corner has no business being in F1. The idea of backing off is for losers.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 19th July 2021 at 14:32.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

13. Likes: truefan72 (19th July 2021)