Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Over exaggeration

No one is calling Verstappen a dunce and you know it. He is one of the most exciting racers to watch, but he is still green around the ears. He still makes immature mistakes of not knowing which battle to fight and which ones to let go and fight again another day. He puts it all on the line each time with a costly result when it does not go his way. He has gambled with his 33 points lead [and his life l might add]; all in. And has come out of it with a net 8 points lead to show for it. Now, that was very smart, wasn't it?

You guys are unbelievable.
    Well , I've seen "foolish" , and "not smart" , and "has a lot to learn" , so I think the dunce cap fits , doesn't it ?

And , hyper-objective you can't tell me anything Lewis did wrong here , can you ?

I rest my case .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Well , I've seen "foolish" , and "not smart" , and "has a lot to learn" , so I think the dunce cap fits , doesn't it ?

And , hyper-objective you can't tell me anything Lewis did wrong here , can you ?

I rest my case .
    Once Hamilton had committed to going on the inside and got alongside Verstappen, he should have not backed out of the throttle. His backing out, put Verstappen a half car length ahead at the corner which gave Verstappen the idea to attempt to close him down. Of course, that is what lead to the crash.

Actually, this point highlights why Verstappen is an exciting driver to watch. He braked so very late, that really freaked out Hamilton. It was scary brave. If he had just kept a wider line through the corner, that would have been the most amazing defence this season.

That corner also shows that Hamilton is getting closer to his retirement age. The limits that the young drivers are willing to go, is becoming too much for him l think. And Verstappen showed that very clearly this Silverstone weekend. He brake so late it seemed it would be impossible for him to slow the car enough to get round the corner. But he had it under control, which is also a testament for how great the Redbull car is.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2021 at 22:25.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    ‘Hamilton’s post-race partying was sickening’
    Date published: July 22 2021 - Michelle Foster

Robert Doornbos is the latest to criticise Lewis Hamilton’s post-race celebrations, saying it was “sickening” to do so while Max Verstappen was in hospital.

It’s been written about many times in the past few days with just about everyone voicing an opinion on the big one – Verstappen and Hamilton’s British Grand Prix crash.

Fighting for the lead on the opening lap, the two clashed at Copse as Hamilton tried to pass up the inside, missed the apex and made contract.

With the contact putting Verstappen into the tyre barrier at 51G, and subsequently into the hospital for further checks after he reported feeling dizzy, tensions have been running high with Red Bull saying they are still considering legal action.

The mood in the Milton Keynes camp, as well as Verstappen’s home country, wasn’t helped by Hamilton’s post-race celebrations with the Brit marking his victory with his fans.

Verstappen called that “disrespectful” while, according to grandpx.news, Doornbos has told Ziggo Sport that the “partying” while Verstappen was in hospital was “sickening”.

He added: “He went from hero to zero as a sportsman in that moment.

“Winning your home race is special, but with a penalty, a team-mate who lets you pass and knocking his rival off, I didn’t think it was fitting.”

Jack Plooij agreed with his fellow pundit.

“He shouldn’t have been partying,” he said. “The team should have told him that Max was in hospital so he shouldn’t do that for a while. That was really not good.

“If you preach about respect all year long, and then you want that respect from someone else, then you have to give it out as well.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/robert...-celebrations/

LEWIS HAMILTON
    Ralf Schumacher points the finger at Hamilton: That isn't a place to overtake

Author Adriano Boin
    Today, ‎14‎:‎45
    Lewis Hamilton took the chequered flag at the British GP, however his incident with Max Verstappen remains the big talking point. Ralf Schumacher believes the actions of the Mercedes driver were borderline.

https://racingnews365.com/ralf-schum...ce-to-overtake

Honda still don’t know if Max’s engine survived
    Date published: July 22 2021 - Henry Valantine

Honda F1’s managing director has said the manufacturer are ‘praying’ for good news surrounding Max Verstappen’s damaged Silverstone power unit.

Masashi Yamamoto said that the engine involved in Verstappen’s high-speed crash at the British Grand Prix has now been taken out of the car, and there are assessments being run as to whether or not parts will have to be replaced completely.

Should that be the case, that could lead to grid penalties for Red Bull in future races if they go above their allotted parts for the season, which Yamamoto said could hinder their hopes in the World Championship.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/honda-...gine-survival/

Red Bull 'reviewing evidence' in Hamilton/Verstappen clash as FIA defends penalty
    Ben Issatt
    Formula 1
    22 July 2021

Red Bull are considering their next move as the fallout from Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen's clash at Silverstone continues.

The Anglo-Austrian squad was furious seeing their Dutch driver hit the barrier at high-speed after being tagged by the Mercedes entering Copse on Lap 1 at last Sunday's British Grand Prix.

Red Bull was even angrier when Hamilton recovered from a 10-second penalty he was given by the stewards to claim victory, reducing the gap to Verstappen in the Drivers' Championship to just eight points.

As a result, it is reported the team has hired a lawyer to look over the regulations and the incident itself to see if any further action should be pursued.

"We are reviewing all the evidence before making any further decisions," a spokesman said.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...efends-penalty
    You have stooped quite low now. Scraping the bottom of the barrel quoting from rookies and failed F1 drivers. It would be gameshow hosts and hookers in the streets next
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: truefan72 (23rd July 2021)
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Amazing what passes for hate these days.

No bother son, don't want to upset you.

Your a wee soul.
    Xx

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    don't bother with him. hamilton is like a god to him, so everything that is not unconditional praise is considered hate to him.

no point in discussing with someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    don't bother with him. hamilton is like a god to him, so everything that is not unconditional praise is considered hate to him.

no point in discussing with someone like that.
    I am relieved to hear that. Happy not to chat with you too.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: truefan72 (23rd July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Max might be a bit "green" as you say, but he always seems to make less mistakes than Lewis. Don't recall max going into a closed pit lane or picking up any other stupid penalties.

Hamilton is under pressure for first time in a long time and you can see that it's getting to him.

You did say this was a "hate post"

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Once Hamilton had committed to going on the inside and got alongside Verstappen, he should have not backed out of the throttle. His backing out, put Verstappen a half car length ahead at the corner which gave Verstappen the idea to attempt to close him down. Of course, that is what lead to the crash.

Actually, this point highlights why Verstappen is an exciting driver to watch. He braked so very late, that really freaked out Hamilton. It was scary brave. If he had just kept a wider line through the corner, that would have been the most amazing defence this season.

That corner also shows that Hamilton is getting closer to his retirement age. The limits that the young drivers are willing to go, is becoming too much for him l think. And Verstappen showed that very clearly this Silverstone weekend. He brake so late it seemed it would be impossible for him to slow the car enough to get round the corner. But he had it under control, which is also a testament for how great the Redbull car is.
    So , you're saying Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough ?

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    I am relieved to hear that. Happy not to chat with you too.
    oh, i'm willing to talk with you about pretty much everything.

just not when it involves hamilton, because at that moment all your objectivity dissapears.

You did say this was a "hate post"

Give me a break, l am having a hard time at the moment.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , you're saying Hamilton wasn't aggressive enough ?
    Come on Baggie!

I am saying they would have kept each other in check if he had not chickened out of the corner.
    William Shakespeare