Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Just my 2c. But why does this crash between Max and Lewis reminds me of the 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix crash between Max and Ricardo, the only difference is that Lewis had managed to get alone side Max going into Cobbs.

This is not the first time that Max tried to impeded on the faster car following from behind. Luring in the faster car from behind to take the wrong racing line by creating an obvious gap, then reducing that gap to impede their speed hoping that they would back out while traveling at high speed may be asking for too much.

The response to this racing incident is amazing and appalling to say the least. The fans and F1 wanted wheel to wheel racing. Now that they have it, they are up in arms over a racing incident in the First Lap. This racing incident was in the making from previous races. Whoever thinks that both wheel to wheel racing and racing incidents can go without each other is clearly watching the wrong sport!

I wonder if the same response to this racing incident would have occurred if other drivers or F1 champions were involved.
    Last edited by Lutherg17; 20th July 2021 at 13:31.

2. Likes: The Black Knight (21st July 2021),truefan72 (20th July 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You are going with your emotional perception of what was said and also out of context as well rather than objectively looking at the incident and honestly judging what you think really happened. What you offer here is pure prejudice.

Yes, you are absolutely correct that my emotions certainly come into it but I'd expect most here would also draw a line at least somewhere?
    For me crossing that line is leaving a wheel inside on one of the fastest corners of the track when you know he isn't going to pull out and risking someone's life... just to beat a poxy meaningless record. Yes, there is a championship at stake and motorsport is dangerous and all that but there has to be enough respect among drivers not to do seriously endanger others lives like that.

Sure, bang wheels and show the young upstart that you won't be bullied... but Copse and at these speeds is not the place to do it.

I'd settled on 60/40 Lewis's fault but said its still obviously a racing incident yet that somehow equals prejudice? By what definition of the word?

If I had been involved in something like that, I doubt I'd be feeling too great about what had happened, I think my celebrations would have been very muted by comparison, at very least I would have spoken to Max immediately and tbh I can't get my head round his wild celebrations after what really is a hollow victory... then you come on here calling it a masterclass, Senna would have been proud etc etc.. you really have to be trolling to get a reaction, or at least I hope you are... as it doesn't paint you in a very good light otherwise.

The FIA ought to have a serious think about introducing a more severe sanction for colliding with your championship rival before someone gets seriously injured or killed.
    This isnt a battle any more.. this is war and a mere 10 sec penalty is surely much too lenient and therefore tempting especially when emotions and personal feeling are running so high. This could get really messy indeed.

4. Likes: Bagwan (20th July 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Lewis Hamilton WAS to blame for 180mph crash with Max Verstappen at Silverstone, insists former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone... who insists 'the punishment did not fit the crime' - but now thinks Brit will WIN the world title after regaining 'edge'
    By Jonathan McEvoy for the Daily Mail
    Published: 22:30, 19 July 2021 | Updated: 22:47, 19 July 2021

Bernie Ecclestone believes Lewis Hamilton was to blame for the 180mph crash that sent Max Verstappen off to hospital during Sunday’s British Grand Prix.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cclestone.html

That Lewis Hamilton-Max Verstappen Crash Still Doesn't Feel Right
    The biggest moment of the Formula 1 season so far left a sour taste.

By Erik Shilling
    Today 3:15PM

Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix on Sunday, passing Charles Leclerc three laps from the checkered flag to take the lead and the win. But there was more than a hint of controversy to this one, after a Hamilton made contact with championship-points leader Max Verstappen on the opening lap and sent him crashing out of the race.
    Advertisement
    You can watch video of that incident here, if you haven’t seen it a million times already. Hamilton’s front-left tire made contact with Verstappen’s right-rear tire, sending Verstappen spinning into the tire wall on one of the highest-speed corners at Silverstone. Verstappen was sent to the hospital for a check but was determined to be fine.
    In real time, Formula 1 commentators David Croft and Martin Brundle mostly determined that the incident was just that, a normal racing incident that perhaps couldn’t have been avoided. Race stewards took a different view, giving Hamilton a 10-second penalty for causing the collision, which didn’t stop him from winning the race.

https://jalopnik.com/that-lewis-hami...t-f-1847319113

Jos Verstappen hits out at Wolff: He doesn't have to call anymore
    Max Verstappen is doing well following his heavy crash at the British GP, but father Jos is anything but pleased with Mercedes and team principal Toto Wolff.

It looks as though the relationship between Jos Verstappen and Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff has taken a hit following the crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at the British GP.
    The Dutch driver crashed heavily into the barriers at Copse during Sunday's race after being touched from behind by the Mercedes driver. While Hamilton went on to take victory, Max was taken to a local hospital for further tests and the incident has left Jos angry over the whole ordeal.
    "You don't celebrate your victory with such euphoria if your colleague is still in hospital," Verstappen told F1-Insider. "And as for Wolff, we've had good relationship for years, he kept calling and flattering us. I think everyone knows why.
    "He didn't contact us yesterday. Now he no longer needs to call."
    Although Jos is angry about how Mercedes have handled the incident, he did state that Max is doing well after being released from hospital late Sunday night.
    "Max is doing well so far, he's ok," Jos added. "It was an extremely hard impact, Max was breathless. That's why he deliberately didn't want to say anything at the beginning in order to catch his breath first.
    "Max owned the corner. Lewis accepted there would be a collision in a very fast and dangerous corner. He should have left more space. That's what he did later with Charles Leclerc at the same spot."

https://racingnews365.com/jos-versta...o-call-anymore

Italian media: 'Bad guy' Hamilton rewarded in the end

There are two things being discussed in Italy after the British GP: the battle between Max Verstappen/Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc's phenomenal performance. The press in Italy couldn't help but see parallels to Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost.

While Charles Leclerc's sparkling display at the British GP didn't go unnoticed amongst the Italian press, it's no surprise the high-speed incident between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton garnered much of the attention.
    The Briton took the chequered flag, passing Leclerc in the closing stages of the race after the Ferrari driver led from the opening lap. That was made possible by Verstappen and Hamilton's collision at Copse corner, which drew parallels to the famous incidents involving Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost in Japan all those years ago.
    "Hamilton takes out Verstappen and then wins his home race to reopen the battle for the championship," was the Corriere dello Sport headline. "The duel reminds us of the tough battle between Senna and Prost in the 1990 Japanese GP.
    "It's true that F1's living room is full of 'bad guys', and in this case the 'bad guy' Lewis was rewarded with victory."

https://racingnews365.com/italian-me...ded-in-the-end

Red Bull considering appeal over Lewis Hamilton's British Grand Prix penalty
    Updated / Monday, 19 Jul 2021 18:38

Max Verstappen's Red Bull team are considering a protest against Lewis Hamilton's punishment in Sunday's controversial British Grand Prix, which they believe to be too lenient.
    Hamilton was dealt a 10-second penalty following his 190mph collision with Verstappen at Silverstone.
    But while the Red Bull driver was forced to retire, his Mercedes rival raced to victory, slashing the championship deficit from 33 points to only eight.
    Mercedes are now just three points behind Red Bull in the constructors' standings.
    According to the PA news agency, Red Bull are reviewing whether to lodge an appeal against the stewards' verdict.
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "There are rights that are available to us. We will look at it and talk it through."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/...ilton-penalty/

Daniel Ricciardo criticises Lewis Hamilton over Max Verstappen crash at British Grand Prix
    The McLaren driver has given his assessment of the controversial incident at Silverstone.

By Felix Keith
    PUBLISHED: 17:00, Mon, Jul 19, 2021 | UPDATED: 17:00, Mon, Jul 19, 2021

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ish-Grand-Prix

MASI BELIEVES “HAMILTON WAS PREDOMINANTLY TO BLAME” FOR THE CRASH WITH VERSTAPPEN
    By Dalila Zanardo

Race director Michael Masi has agreed with the stewards in the evaluation of the first-lap accident between Verstappen and Hamilton, considering the Brit predominantly at fault.

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ma.../?nowprocket=1

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yes, you are absolutely correct that my emotions certainly come into it but I'd expect most here would also draw a line at least somewhere?
    For me crossing that line is leaving a wheel inside on one of the fastest corners of the track when you know he isn't going to pull out and risking someone's life... just to beat a poxy meaningless record. Yes, there is a championship at stake and motorsport is dangerous and all that but there has to be enough respect among drivers not to do seriously endanger others lives like that.

Sure, bang wheels and show the young upstart that you won't be bullied... but Copse and at these speeds is not the place to do it.

I'd settled on 60/40 Lewis's fault but said its still obviously a racing incident yet that somehow equals prejudice? By what definition of the word?

If I had been involved in something like that, I doubt I'd be feeling too great about what had happened, I think my celebrations would have been very muted by comparison, at very least I would have spoken to Max immediately and tbh I can't get my head round his wild celebrations after what really is a hollow victory... then you come on here calling it a masterclass, Senna would have been proud etc etc.. you really have to be trolling to get a reaction, or at least I hope you are... as it doesn't paint you in a very good light otherwise.

The FIA ought to have a serious think about introducing a more severe sanction for colliding with your championship rival before someone gets seriously injured or killed.
    This isnt a battle any more.. this is war and a mere 10 sec penalty is surely much too lenient and therefore tempting especially when emotions and personal feeling are running so high. This could get really messy indeed.
    Why not, a tougher sanction for racing for the championship should be imposed. All drivers should also be instructed to keep a two meters distance from each other on the track for covid reasons. A single file from start to the end of the race should also be mandatory.

Just take some time to read your post. Maybe you should take up watching horse racing instead of F1. It is becoming too much for Zico.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
    Lewis Hamilton WAS to blame for 180mph crash with Max Verstappen at Silverstone, insists former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone... who insists 'the punishment did not fit the crime' - but now thinks Brit will WIN the world title after regaining 'edge'
    Published: 22:30, 19 July 2021 | Updated: 22:47, 19 July 2021

Bernie Ecclestone believes Lewis Hamilton was to blame for the 180mph crash that sent Max Verstappen off to hospital during Sunday’s British Grand Prix.

That Lewis Hamilton-Max Verstappen Crash Still Doesn't Feel Right
    The biggest moment of the Formula 1 season so far left a sour taste.

By Erik Shilling
    Today 3:15PM

Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix on Sunday, passing Charles Leclerc three laps from the checkered flag to take the lead and the win. But there was more than a hint of controversy to this one, after a Hamilton made contact with championship-points leader Max Verstappen on the opening lap and sent him crashing out of the race.
    Advertisement
    You can watch video of that incident here, if you haven’t seen it a million times already. Hamilton’s front-left tire made contact with Verstappen’s right-rear tire, sending Verstappen spinning into the tire wall on one of the highest-speed corners at Silverstone. Verstappen was sent to the hospital for a check but was determined to be fine.
    In real time, Formula 1 commentators David Croft and Martin Brundle mostly determined that the incident was just that, a normal racing incident that perhaps couldn’t have been avoided. Race stewards took a different view, giving Hamilton a 10-second penalty for causing the collision, which didn’t stop him from winning the race.

https://jalopnik.com/that-lewis-hami...t-f-1847319113

Jos Verstappen hits out at Wolff: He doesn't have to call anymore
    Max Verstappen is doing well following his heavy crash at the British GP, but father Jos is anything but pleased with Mercedes and team principal Toto Wolff.

It looks as though the relationship between Jos Verstappen and Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff has taken a hit following the crash between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton at the British GP.
    The Dutch driver crashed heavily into the barriers at Copse during Sunday's race after being touched from behind by the Mercedes driver. While Hamilton went on to take victory, Max was taken to a local hospital for further tests and the incident has left Jos angry over the whole ordeal.
    "You don't celebrate your victory with such euphoria if your colleague is still in hospital," Verstappen told F1-Insider. "And as for Wolff, we've had good relationship for years, he kept calling and flattering us. I think everyone knows why.
    "He didn't contact us yesterday. Now he no longer needs to call."
    Although Jos is angry about how Mercedes have handled the incident, he did state that Max is doing well after being released from hospital late Sunday night.
    "Max is doing well so far, he's ok," Jos added. "It was an extremely hard impact, Max was breathless. That's why he deliberately didn't want to say anything at the beginning in order to catch his breath first.
    "Max owned the corner. Lewis accepted there would be a collision in a very fast and dangerous corner. He should have left more space. That's what he did later with Charles Leclerc at the same spot."

https://racingnews365.com/jos-versta...o-call-anymore

Italian media: 'Bad guy' Hamilton rewarded in the end

There are two things being discussed in Italy after the British GP: the battle between Max Verstappen/Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc's phenomenal performance. The press in Italy couldn't help but see parallels to Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost.

While Charles Leclerc's sparkling display at the British GP didn't go unnoticed amongst the Italian press, it's no surprise the high-speed incident between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton garnered much of the attention.
    The Briton took the chequered flag, passing Leclerc in the closing stages of the race after the Ferrari driver led from the opening lap. That was made possible by Verstappen and Hamilton's collision at Copse corner, which drew parallels to the famous incidents involving Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost in Japan all those years ago.
    "Hamilton takes out Verstappen and then wins his home race to reopen the battle for the championship," was the Corriere dello Sport headline. "The duel reminds us of the tough battle between Senna and Prost in the 1990 Japanese GP.
    "It's true that F1's living room is full of 'bad guys', and in this case the 'bad guy' Lewis was rewarded with victory."

https://racingnews365.com/italian-me...ded-in-the-end

Red Bull considering appeal over Lewis Hamilton's British Grand Prix penalty
    Updated / Monday, 19 Jul 2021 18:38

Max Verstappen's Red Bull team are considering a protest against Lewis Hamilton's punishment in Sunday's controversial British Grand Prix, which they believe to be too lenient.
    Hamilton was dealt a 10-second penalty following his 190mph collision with Verstappen at Silverstone.
    But while the Red Bull driver was forced to retire, his Mercedes rival raced to victory, slashing the championship deficit from 33 points to only eight.
    Mercedes are now just three points behind Red Bull in the constructors' standings.
    According to the PA news agency, Red Bull are reviewing whether to lodge an appeal against the stewards' verdict.
    Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said: "There are rights that are available to us. We will look at it and talk it through."

https://www.rte.ie/sport/motorsport/...ilton-penalty/

Daniel Ricciardo criticises Lewis Hamilton over Max Verstappen crash at British Grand Prix
    The McLaren driver has given his assessment of the controversial incident at Silverstone.

By Felix Keith
    PUBLISHED: 17:00, Mon, Jul 19, 2021 | UPDATED: 17:00, Mon, Jul 19, 2021

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ish-Grand-Prix

MASI BELIEVES “HAMILTON WAS PREDOMINANTLY TO BLAME” FOR THE CRASH WITH VERSTAPPEN
    By Dalila Zanardo

Race director Michael Masi has agreed with the stewards in the evaluation of the first-lap accident between Verstappen and Hamilton, considering the Brit predominantly at fault.

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ma.../?nowprocket=1
    As usual horse crap.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    After watching all the replays and seeing some technical analysis. Hamilton in desperation made a mistake and actually had a bad line. Had Verstappen gave way, Hamilton probably goes wide and Verstappen comes back and takes the place back. It should be a learning experience for Verstappen. He need to think more strategically, not every battle (corner) has to be fought and won. Choose the fight that you know (or have a high probability) of winning.

Survive to Drive is going to eat this up.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    The fight between Lewis and MAX WILL BE INTERESTING TO FOLLOW THE REST OF THE YEAR.
    This is F1 not soccer.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Marko reveals cost of damage to Verstappen's Red Bull
    19th July 2021, ‎19‎:‎30

The Red Bull advisor has given an update on Max Verstappen's condition and how much money it will take to repair the Dutchman's RB16B.

Helmut Marko has revealed that Formula 1's budget cap will hurt Red Bull more than normal as around 750,000 euros will be needed to repair the damage on Max Verstappen's car.
    Verstappen hit the tyre barriers hard on the opening lap of the British Grand Prix after colliding with championship rival Lewis Hamilton at Copse. It's a move that has proved very costly in the title race and for the Red Bull crew who will have a lot of work to do to get Verstappen's RB16B ready for the Hungarian GP.
    "As things stand, it is about three quarters of a million euros, although the engine situation is not quite clear yet," Marko told RTL. "But especially in times of the cost cap, it is a significant amount and hurts us."

Whilst a brand-new chassis is likely to be needed for the next race in Budapest, Honda F1 technical director Toyoharu Tanabe is optimistic that the damage to the engine may be less than initially feared.
    "When I first saw the images of the car being lifted, I thought there was a lot of damage," said Tanabe. But in reality it seems that the damage is less than what we first saw. However, the actual damage cannot be known from its appearance when it is installed in the car.
    "So we would like to send it back to HRD in Sakura and check it before making a decision."
    Marko says Verstappen is doing well with some pain in his neck. The championship leader was released from hospital on Sunday night after precautionary checks.
    "He [Verstappen] is doing surprisingly well," said Marko. "He was accompanied by his father yesterday, and for safety reasons, they spent the night in a hotel.
    "Max has only a bit of neck pain, but other than that, fortunately everything is okay. You will see a very motivated Max in Hungary."

https://racingnews365.com/marko-reve...ns-wrecked-car

Lewis Hamilton put Max Verstappen's life at risk fumes Red Bull boss - 'Got away with it'
    Red Bull boss Christian Horner furious after Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton incident at the British Grand Prix.

By Claire Cottingham
    PUBLISHED: 00:53, Tue, Jul 20, 2021 | UPDATED: 06:45, Tue, Jul 20,

Red Bull boss Christian Horner believes the seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton drove in a way that directly put Max Verstappen's life at risk, as the two collided dramatically on the opening lap of the British Grand Prix.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-Red-Bull-boss

Lewis Hamilton WAS to blame for 180mph crash with Max Verstappen at Silverstone, insists former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone... who says 'the punishment did not fit the crime' - but now thinks Brit will WIN the world title after regaining 'edge'
    • Max Verstappen was sent crashing into the tyre wall at Corpse corner at 180mph
    • The Dutchman escaped unscathed while Lewis Hamilton went on to win the race
    • Former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone believes Lewis Hamilton was to blame
    • Hamilton's victory cut Verstappen's world championship lead to eight points
    Published: 22:30, 19 July 2021 | Updated: 00:48, 20 July 2021

COMMENT

Charlieboy16, Cheshunt,
    Whose ever fault it was what it does tell you is that Lewis is getting increasingly desperate in his efforts to retain the world title. A risky pass on the first lap?

simon1956, Guildford, United Kingdom,
    Doesn't really matter at the end of the day, the Red Bull is consistently faster and Hamilton has used up his share of luck, with Max failing to finish in Baku and Silverstone, potentially missing out on 50 points

hokzen, Herefordshire, United Kingdom,
    Of course he was to blame. That's the reason why he go 10 second penalty. He hates Lewis anyway. If he was the race director he would have taken all the points from Lewis.

Godzzkitchen, Warrington, United Kingdom,
    Bernie Ecclestone hates Lewis so he's always going to have something negative to say, he's a Brit so why isn't he supporting him? Makes you wonder why he dislikes Lewis so much.

Pisi, Exeter, United Kingdom,
    I am absolutely shocked Old Man Bernie has something negative to say about Lewis. ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED, I tell you LOL.

simon1956, Guildford, United Kingdom,
    Of course he was to blame, the fact that he caught the rear tyre of Max's car proved that he was nearly a car lengths behind, he had plenty of room on the inside of the bend and was the one who had the best view of what was going on rather than relying on a glimpse in the mirror, it was obvious that Max would turn in, he had to to take the bend. The other thing is if course that after being given the time penalty, neither Hamilton or Mercedes seemed surprised, or protested about it, they knew it was coming, probably just hoping the stewards would be lenient as it was the first lap

MartinvanH, Amsterdam, Netherlands,
    Everybody with some brains in his head knows it was 100% Hamiltons blame. All the people with some F1 experience say the same 100% Hamiltons blame All the FIA stewards say the same 100% Hamiltons blame. Only the lier Hamilton and some lost fools here say it is the other way round !

Kingmaker2, Nottingham, United Kingdom,
    How can a 10 second penalty be enough when het put a man in hospital, severely impacted another teams budget for the repairs to that car, no doubt Red Bull will have penalties to change engines and gear boxes and gained undeserved points. He must be banned for a race or two but wont be.

D0nald_Dump, Dublin, Ireland,
    Lewis legacy is now forever tainted, like Schumacher with Damon. Worse, Lewis tried to injure his competitor on purpose. That is the only conclusion you can have if you make a nasty move like that. And celebrating like that when you have seen the high speed crash up close, what an horrid display from Lewis and der Toto. Shame on you sir Lewis.

Josh Daviss, Levenshulme Manchester, United Kingdom,
    The thing is Hamilton has a history of doing this. Alex Albon comes to mind to whom Hamilton apologised for taking him out ruining his chance of a rare podium. Funny how Hamilton has blamed Verstappen this time for a similar move.

Lewis Hamilton Crashes Into Alex Albon - Brazil 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlJBNZGmmrk

ALBON COMPLETE UNCENSORED RADIO AFTER CLASH WITH HAMILTON!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7YAxyK1Ww

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherg17 View Post
    Just my 2c. But why does this crash between Max and Lewis reminds me of the 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix crash between Max and Ricardo, the only difference is that Lewis had managed to get alone side Max going into Cobbs.

This is not the first time that Max tried to impeded on the faster car following from behind. Lowering in the faster car from behind to take the wrong racing line by creating an obvious gap, then reducing that gap to impede their speed hoping that they would back out while traveling at high speed may be asking for too much.

The response to this racing incident is amazing and appalling to say the least. The fans and F1 wanted wheel to wheel racing. Now that they have it, they are up in arms over a racing incident in the First Lap. This racing incident was in the making from previous races. Whoever thinks that both wheel to wheel racing and racing incidents can go without each other is clearly watching the wrong sport!

I wonder if the same response to this racing incident would have occurred if other drivers or F1 champions were involved.
    I had thought about this but Riccardo was much further back. However, there is an emerging tendency of Max to lure drivers into a do or die situation and expect them to back out 100% of the time. Senna used to do the same and drivers lets him get away with it. Hamilton had let Max get away with it in Imola, Spain and Baku, he had to lay the marker down somewhere. I don't think Max will learn any lesson from this, especially with Christian Horner and Helmut Marko by his side. They over hype and pamper their drivers, just look at Vettel now. There was a time he was regarded as one of the greats of the sport and another amateur spin coming out of Luffield this weekend - he has really been found out over the last couple of years. Either Max will be found out eventually or he'll keep making mistakes like this until teams regard him as too high a risk to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

The highlighted is the important part of your post. Why should Max get any special dispensation because he isn't going to pull out? Why should Lewis pull out? Look how alongside Lewis was of Max here - he is as side by side as you can get without actually being ahead, his front wing a few centimetres behind Max's:

There is no racing driver in their right mind would pull out of that move. If you do you may as well go home. The only mistake Lewis made was that he under-steered into him but if you think a 7 time WDC or any driver worth their salt is going to pull out of trying an over take there you're genuinely watching the wrong sport. Max would have sent one up the inside of Lewis if roles were reversed.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 20th July 2021 at 07:38.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    It's good to see the usual hamilton fanboys are still around to defend him, whatever happens.

To me it's pretty simple. It's a racing accident, caused by hamilton getting some red mist on his visor and acting stupidly aggressive.

There was nothing to gain here for hamilton. There was no way he was going to pass verstappen here.
    Best case he compromises his exit speed and ends up behind verstappen anyway, and most likely gets passed by leclerc. Worst case he takes them both out.

It was a completely stupid and useless move. Something i would expect from mazepin, not from a 7 times world champion.

And his penalty was not even a penalty. He gained more than 30 seconds by being able to fix his wing during the red flag. Without it he should have been completely at the back of the pack, and he would have had no chance to win here. So only 10 seconds is laughable, it should have been a 10 seconds stop and go, just to compensate for the time he had gained.

13. Likes: Mia 01 (20th July 2021)