Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    When it was Lewis and Leclerc , Lewis was farther in and on a better line to make the corner . That was what I saw as a fair one .

It was a stellar drive to come back after that , even if you can discount it to some degree being they have another gear .
    It was still a good drive .
    That is because Leclerc did not try to squeeze Hamilton going into the corner. Hamilton was able to take a better line through the corner.

The whole incident was brewing from the moment Hamilton tried to get alongside Verstappen. Verstappen did a small jig to the left then Hamilton duck in the right. Verstappen then chose to squeeze him into the wall as they approached the corner. The Verstappen realized that Hamilton was properly alongside him. He then made a small adjustment, which was purely to take a better line through the corner. But his trajectory was not to give Hamilton any room.

Now, from the tight corner of the track next to the wall, Hamilton's line through the corner was severely compromised. There was no way he would have been able to take the kerbs from where he was. His only available path was a slightly wider trajectory or slow to allow Leclerc to pass him. How, l see it, is Verstappen should have taken a wider trajectory to avoid the crash, since he has more to lose. But he was expecting Hamilton to chicken out of the attack. Hamilton on the other hand with one eye on Leclerc was expecting Verstappen to take a wider trajectory knowing that the squeeze was going to force him to miss the apex of the corner.

It was a racing incident from very hard arcing. This is what the show is about.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th July 2021 at 19:04.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (19th July 2021),WUff1 (19th July 2021)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    What a really disappointing post from you Nitro..

Senna might have done the same but that doesn't make it great. That was a 51G impact, Max could have been seriously injured or worse, to profit from victory in this way at Max's expense is certainly nothing to gloat about.

Sure he won and overcame a 10 sec penalty but thats not THAT impressive considering the Merc was about 1 sec faster a lap than the Ferrari anyway.
    The impact is irrelevant to what caused the crash. If the impact is determining your analysis of who was wrong then you're leading with emotion and not your head. In the end it boils down to one thing, both drivers could have given each other more room, this is why it is a 50/50 racing incident with no one driver to blame more than the other.

4. Likes: Nitrodaze (18th July 2021),truefan72 (19th July 2021)
    I know what you would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and Lewis had had ended up in the wall... it would have been quite different.

Baggie, your conspiracy theory has been strengthened a tad after today! ��
    Nope, l would have heavily criticized Hamilton if the situation was reversed. I am very objective.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: truefan72 (19th July 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Nope, l would have heavily criticized Hamilton if the situation was reversed. I am very objective.

😆 Now I know you are just a troll.

�� Now I know you are just a troll.
    No need for abuse Zico. It is just a discussion.
    William Shakespeare

No need for abuse Zico. It is just a discussion.
    😆.. If I called you a A-hole or whatever then you'd have a point but calling someone a troll isn't abuse, especially when it's true.

��.. If I called you a A-hole or whatever then you'd have a point but calling someone a troll isn't abuse, especially when it's true.
    Well you have your opinion/ And l have mine.
    William Shakespeare

Well you have your opinion/ And l have mine.
    Yep, its interesting that Lewis himself doesn't actually blame Max anymore and has backtracked a bit... he went from saying "he turned in to me" to.. "I was pretty far alongside him but I could see he wasn't going to back out, but then we went into the corner and we collided. Of course that's never the way I want to win a race or just in general to race, but these things do happen. I just hope he's OK. And I look forward to many more races."

After watching it a few times I also changed my mind from that Max was more fault so I guess Lewis and I are more on the same page than you are.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrodaze View Post
    nope, l would have heavily criticized hamilton if the situation was reversed. I am very objective.
    rofl

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Winners and Losers

1. Leclerc - nice drive with broken engine.

2. Hamilton - couldn't beat his opponent on the track so just give him a little "pitting".

3. Mclaren - finished 4th and 5th. Ricardo looked good this weekend.

4. Alonso - He seems to be back in racing form, he just need the car to go with him.

Losers

1. Verstappen - being knocked out and then

2. Perez - was not racy at all. The best he could do was climb into 10th before they decided they wanted to go for fastest lap at the very end. Albon last year finished 5th and 8th in this grand prix.

3. Bottas - he doesn't even pretend to be a race car driver any more. He could have put pressure on Hamilton in the sprint race but let up. It will be interesting to see if him being the "team player" save his job or not. I hope it does, because I would love to RB go after Russell.

4. Russell - hoping to see him get his first points at Silverstone. Bad luck on the penalty and just doesn't have a car with enough juice.