Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Pretty close to the worst response on here , ever .

I'm not so sure about charging the other guy , but adding the amount of cash paid for repairs to the team's budget if the driver is deemed to not be deserving of a penalty in the incident seems like it could be fair .

See , debate doesn't hurt .
    And the worst condescending response ever floated on here.

Even that idea is problematic for the same reasons that l gave earlier on the matter if you bothered to check it out first before castigating me. Adding any money to a teams budget would not be fair to other teams, regardless of the reason. Racing is a happenstance sport. Accidents just happen to be part of the game. So when it happens, that is the way it is. This argument can be extended to other unforeseen costs that the budget cap had not taken into consideration as well. From accidental damage to misinformation that resulted in expended cost. The line should be clear. And forgive my bluntness.

The limited budget places a restriction on drivers to drive wisely. As any damage that results from racing would be resolved from the limited budget of the season. It might sound harsh for those incidents that are wholely another drivers fault. And by wholely, l mean 100% like Senna on Prost at Suzuka. I would think an exception could be made for willfully intent to damage the other driver car and race. Even that is as controversial as they come to prove without some level of bias. Especially seeing your reactions for what is essentially a racing incident.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th July 2021 at 17:32.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (27th July 2021)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Silverstone indicated that Alonso deserves a top car. Imagine Alonso in the Mclaren, l would venture to say the Mclaren may have finished that race on the podium.
    If there is anything Alonso doesn't deserve, it's a McLaren. He has already demonstrated that - twice.
    If Fernando hadn't acted like a complete dick towards Honda, McLaren would probably be fighting for race wins and not just podiums right now.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

4. Likes: truefan72 (27th July 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    If there is anything Alonso doesn't deserve, it's a McLaren. He has already demonstrated that - twice.
    If Fernando hadn't acted like a complete dick towards Honda, McLaren would probably be fighting for race wins and not just podiums right now.
    I agree actually. That attitude of Alonso is probably why he has missed out on being in a championship-winning car since Ferrari-gate. He just lacks the patience to work through the kinks and ride the difficult moments that are necessary for progress.

That said, Alonso in the current Mclaren would have been quite something.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: gm99 (26th July 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Worst idea ever floated on here that is why.
    State of this reply haha

This is more like hate speech than mines...

Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    State of this reply haha

This is more like hate speech than mines...
    Haha, l hear you. But you got a reply eh

I have an idea, the cars should be fitted with big airbags to the sides of the cars that inflates when the car approaches a barrier at speed so that the car can survive a crash.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th July 2021 at 09:10.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Haha, l hear you. But you got a reply eh

I have an idea, the cars should be fitted with big airbags to the sides of the cars that deflates when the car approaches a barrier at speed so that the car can survive a crash.
    Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud 🤭🤭

Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud ����
    I am still bleary-eyed but thanks. You get my drift.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    And the worst condescending response ever floated on here.

Even that idea is problematic for the same reasons that l gave earlier on the matter if you bothered to check it out first before castigating me. Adding any money to a teams budget would not be fair to other teams, regardless of the reason. Racing is a happenstance sport. Accidents just happen to be part of the game. So when it happens, that is the way it is. This argument can be extended to other unforeseen costs that the budget cap had not taken into consideration as well. From accidental damage to misinformation that resulted in expended cost. The line should be clear. And forgive my bluntness.

The limited budget places a restriction on drivers to drive wisely. As any damage that results from racing would be resolved from the limited budget of the season. It might sound harsh for those incidents that are wholely another drivers fault. And by wholely, l mean 100% like Senna on Prost at Suzuka. I would think an exception could be made for willfully intent to damage the other driver car and race. Even that is as controversial as they come to prove without some level of bias. Especially seeing your reactions for what is essentially a racing incident.
    Gosh , thanks .
    I didn't know any of that .
    Lecture me any time .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Gosh , thanks .
    I didn't know any of that .
    Lecture me any time .
    Sharing my thoughts with you is lecturing now, is it? l shall spare you my thoughts in the future.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Think you might have mixed up deflates and inflates in your wee scenario the bud ����
    No.

Airbag deflates when you hit it.

If it inflates when you hit it, you will get hurt.

Just watch some airbag videos ...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"