Threaded View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Pretty close to the worst response on here , ever .

I'm not so sure about charging the other guy , but adding the amount of cash paid for repairs to the team's budget if the driver is deemed to not be deserving of a penalty in the incident seems like it could be fair .

See , debate doesn't hurt .
    And the worst condescending response ever floated on here.

Even that idea is problematic for the same reasons that l gave earlier on the matter if you bothered to check it out first before castigating me. Adding any money to a teams budget would not be fair to other teams, regardless of the reason. Racing is a happenstance sport. Accidents just happen to be part of the game. So when it happens, that is the way it is. This argument can be extended to other unforeseen costs that the budget cap had not taken into consideration as well. From accidental damage to misinformation that resulted in expended cost. The line should be clear. And forgive my bluntness.

The limited budget places a restriction on drivers to drive wisely. As any damage that results from racing would be resolved from the limited budget of the season. It might sound harsh for those incidents that are wholely another drivers fault. And by wholely, l mean 100% like Senna on Prost at Suzuka. I would think an exception could be made for willfully intent to damage the other driver car and race. Even that is as controversial as they come to prove without some level of bias. Especially seeing your reactions for what is essentially a racing incident.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th July 2021 at 16:32.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: truefan72 (27th July 2021)